What is Ishant Sharma's role in the team?

Texan

5 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

On a serious note..he's better than BK on wickets that do not offer swing. Shami is injured. If wanna try some new kid (amulet, nathu, thampi etc) in place of ishant, you are welcome.

He is also good on tracks that provide a bit of bounce and seam movment.... types that we often find outside Asia

He did well on out last tours to NZ,  England and WI

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

^ 37 is the new 30 , if you have missed cricket in the last decade 

Firstly I must say I respect your views on cricket,you seem to know your cricket but can you justify what you said above?I mean Ishant's average has got nothing to do with cricket played in the last decade.This guy has just been lucky to be amongst a pack of ordinary bowlers for long time but thankfully now times are changing with younger seamers coming through.

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Need to move on from ishant . We have some young bucks knocking on door . Cupboard is not empty now 

time to invest in others . And there are others clocking 85 to 90

The problem is when we had Zak stable at the top...we could rotate mavericks like Ishant,Sreeshanth,RP,Munaf etc,but right now as consistent Shami is or as good as Ishant.Umesh and Bhuvi have been once in a while delivering match winning spells,none of the combination of 2 or 3 among the group feels like it is giving us stability and at the same time,they also feel like our core group...may be that is the reason why there is some scepticism of giving a youngster a chance. Not saying that is right but it is understandable.

Our ODI bowling looks more stable with Shami and Bumrah delivering consistently and maybe a young prospect can be tried there.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He is also good on tracks that provide a bit of bounce and seam movment.... types that we often find outside Asia

He did well on out last tours to NZ,  England and WI

Right. but doesn't end up with as many wickets as he should. Effort and hardwork is there which show in his speed n ability to bowl long spells but wickets are missing unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

The problem is when we had Zak stable at the top...we could rotate mavericks like Ishant,Sreeshanth,RP,Munaf etc,but right now as consistent Shami is or as good as Ishant.Umesh and Bhuvi have been once in a while delivering match winning spells,none of the combination of 2 or 3 among the group feels like it is giving us stability and at the same time,they also feel like our core group...may be that is the reason why there is some scepticism of giving a youngster a chance. Not saying that is right but it is understandable.

Our ODI bowling looks more stable with Shami and Bumrah delivering consistently and maybe a young prospect can be tried there.

Time to give one of young bucks who we all talk about

ishant just does not have it 

not seen enough of others . But Aniket is quick, left arm , will create rough for spinners 

not sure what there is to lose letting isjamt go . He just does not have it . I would even play Hardik over him , same pace , moves ball more plus dynamic fielder and batsman . Saying that would pick pure seamer but he gotta be quick . Even aaron .

options are there . Time to go for it 

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Time to give one of young bucks who we all talk about

ishant just does not have it 

not seen enough of others . But Aniket is quick, left arm , will create rough for spinners 

not sure what there is to lose letting isjamt go . He just does not have it . I would even play Hardik over him , same pace , moves ball more plus dynamic fielder and batsman . Saying that would pick pure seamer but he gotta be quick . Even aaron .

options are there . Time to go for it 

Ishant outbowled Shami,Zak in New zealand....won us a test match or two overseas.

The guy has toured every important overseas country twice.

Sure at home I agree with your sentiment,get a young buck over Ishant as spinners will do the workload anyways but to totally getting him out of the scheme of things is foolish.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kumble-kohli shud tell Ishant "Look at Aniket, thampi, nathu if u dnt perform like a 70+ test exp bowler now....soon ull be the guy giving drinks to the debutants."

Ishant always does well when he is under fire....I remember when he was playing alongside Umesh and Aaron against WI in India,he was matching them for pace,in fact bowling faster than them at times...You are right,he needs that kick.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ishant outbowled Shami,Zak in New zealand....won us a test match or two overseas.

The guy has toured every important overseas country twice.

Sure at home I agree with your sentiment,get a young buck over Ishant as spinners will do the workload anyways but to totally getting him out of the scheme of things is foolish.

O come on . You talking about tours with Zak shows the point . Let's live in present 

the guy is just ok at best .

the cupboard is stocked with hot quicks. Let's show vision and invest in some of them 

only thing that keeps this guy in team is height . Nothing else I can see . He is not getting better . Levelled out to such a mediocre level