What is Ishant Sharma's role in the team?

Texan

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Wish aaron had the chances ishant had 

guarantee he would have developed and improved loads , especially under kohli 

Aaron did play with Ishant in the Srilankan series last year...look I like Aaron because he got the x factor but in that series Ishant looked a class apart...in fact his spell in the 3rd test is what sealed the series for us...the guy seemed unplayable.-8 wickets in the test and a memorable spell...Aaron only got 1 opportunity though but didn't cash in.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why does he need a kick......70+ test matches. It shudnt be he needs a kick or someone sledging him now he shud be the leader.

I hope he plays a season of county now that he is nt picked up in ipl.....or the way new bowlers are coming and in such huge number....soon he might find himself leading delhi attack

Tell me this without bias...let us say if Shami is still injured and we have to play 3 seamers against SA,NZ,Aus,Eng in a critical test-teams that play fast bowling well....rank which combo will give you confidence

Rank them please

A.Umesh-Ishant-Bhuvi

B.Umesh-Ishant-Rookie

C.Umesh-Bhuvi-Rookie

D.Ishant-Bhuvi-Rookie

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Tell me this without bias...let us say if Shami is still injured and we have to play 3 seamers against SA,NZ,Aus,Eng in a critical test-teams that play fast bowling well....rank which combo will give you confidence

Rank them please

A.Umesh-Ishant-Bhuvi

B.Umesh-Ishant-Rookie

C.Umesh-Bhuvi-Rookie

D.Ishant-Bhuvi-Rookie

The options ur giving me looks best options coz those rookies havent played. Let those rookies get a chance and we ll see. Generally ,most fast bowler rookies in Indian cricket has good 1st yrs. 

Ur best 3 bowlers shud play........

When those series come ill play who is fit n inform, how can i say what form will ishant or umesh be at the end of the year. Its like lets be happy with something avg coz we havent tried anything new. Lets try others to if we fail well avg one are there to. 

I have doubts that bhuvi wud be sucessful in Sa, Nz he might. 

Umesh will ahve to rely mostly on his main swing rather then reverse in SA n Nz.....eng he ll get the ball to reverse. 

Come aus i hope Saini or Avesh gets groomed by then, the length they bowl and the bounce they get shud be damn handy. 

To be honest i wish Nathu n Aniket get a shot next series, really want to see how good they are. Except for Shami most of the bowlers have their limitations and issue. If we have to be no we have to have 3 main bloody good fast bowlers. Right now spinners are doing for u, wont happen overseas. 

Rank them please

A.Umesh-Ishant-Bhuvi

B.Umesh-Ishant-Rookie

C.Umesh-Bhuvi-Rookie

D.Ishant-Bhuvi-Rookie

All this is nonsense, as it high time we try some new bowlers to see how much they offer. We pretty much know were current ones stand. Above combination have played enough and has improved as well. But lets aim a lil higher 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The options ur giving me looks best options coz those rookies havent played. Let those rookies get a chance and we ll see. Generally ,ost fast bowler rookies in Indian cricket has good 1st yrs. 

Ur best 3 bowlers shud play........

When those series come ill play who is fit n inform, how can i say what form will ishant or umesh be at the end of the year. Its like lets be happy with something avg coz we havent tried anything new. Lets try others to if we fail well avg one are there to. 

I have doubts that bhuvi wud be sucessful in Sa, Nz he might. 

Umesh will ahve to rely mostly on his main swing rather then reverse in SA n Nz.....eng he ll get the ball to reverse. 

Come aus i hope Saini or Avesh gets groomed by then, the length they bowl and the bounce they get shud be damn handy. 

To be honest i wish Nathu n Aniket get a shot next series, really want to see how good they are. Except for Shami most of the bowlers have their limitations and issue. If we have to be no we have to have 3 main bloody good fast bowlers. Right now spinners are doing for u, wont happen overseas. 

Rank them please

A.Umesh-Ishant-Bhuvi

B.Umesh-Ishant-Rookie

C.Umesh-Bhuvi-Rookie

D.Ishant-Bhuvi-Rookie

All this is nonsense, as it high we try some new bowlers to see how much they offer. We pretty much know were current ones stand. Above combination have played enough and has improved as well. But lets aim a lil higher 

I have already agreed that rookie fast bowlers should be tried instead of Ishant/Umesh or whoever at home...because the workload is on spinners anyways...All I am saying I don't agree with the sentiment of totally dumping Ishant and he hasn't been that horrible as peopel are saying. obviously you cant expect him to have stats like Anderson,Broad or Steyn

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

I have already agreed that rookie fast bowlers should be tried instead of Ishant/Umesh or whoever at home...because the workload is on spinners anyways...All I am saying I don't agree with the sentiment of totally dumping Ishant and he hasn't been that horrible as peopel are saying. obviously you cant expect him to have stats like Anderson,Broad or Steyn

M nt also saying dump ishant nor even someone like Aaron. 

Aaron shud be told to concentrate on test cricket n forget short formats.

Ishant hasnt been horrendous but after playing 70+ games he has really underachieved..........n if we have to be the best underachievers wnt work. Even m saying find new ones and that shud ishant to pick his game.  

His wrist and ball release are so wrong that no matter what he does the notion that he is woefully underperforming and really stupid never goes away. I'm no expert but the ability to snap your wrist and release the ball in the same direction is an important part of a fast bowler's arsenal. Ishant snaps his wrist one way and the ball flies out of the other way. He should be congratulated on what he has achieved so far with such a diabolical action.

keep it tight and help to build pressure- which he did today. But agree needs to take more wickets also- has been handed a career lifeline to develop under kohli, he has the raw tools so lets see if kohli can pull it off. Umesh and Shami have both performed better under kohli so far than they did dhoni- so same may hold true for ishant also.

On 07/08/2016 at 9:59 AM, MCcricket said:

You can add Aniket Choudhury to the list to around 6 4" or above, has high action n is 134 to 140 pace wise plus gets bounce n is awkward to face

Ishant is 136 to 146k bounce bowler....ankit or aniket are a little slower but more wicket taking.

I believe  he is too defensive and does not wanna give runs. Bowls bouncers or way out of off stump....so batsman leave him and try to score against other bowlers.

Ishant is a trier n has improved last one year a lot, lets give him time as the present capt , coach n setup is far better n he has shown signs but we should not rely on core but look at Aniket, Sangwan, Thampi, Nathu, Sran as they could be backups n certainly have more potential then Ishant n BK n if they show that then we can replace them n have a potent attack.

What is Ishant doing right lately, bowling with good pace, aggressively, mixing up the length n pace a bit, not falling away n attacking stumps now also getting reverse.

What does he need to do, get seam movement more consistently n be able to surprise batters with bounce n that requires working on wrist also bowling the scramble seam n surprising batter with old ball most Importantly believing in himself that he can be a world beater n attacking batsmen all the time, he picked up bad habits during Dhonis tenure who used him as a defensive bowler don't give runs n hold up n end but now he has too look to take wkts as that will make him better.

Only time he looked promising was in WI tour of 2012 i think, he took 7 wickets in Lords but that was more of brain fart from England batters. He should be dropped for home season, let other bowlers get their chances. You have played over 70 test matches and you still are  the weakest link in bowling line up.