World Cup Selection competition

kabira

On feb 12, our jokers will select team for the world cup. It will be mostly consisting of players that took part against Windies and Lanka. Do not expect any unknown faces, although you never know what our jokers are upto. Select XV for the world cup. One who gets most players right will get "surprise gift". The competition ends on Feb 11.

Re: World Cup Selection competition I could wait until the first 2 ODIs are over but I dont see a change from this: 1. Robin Uthappa 2. Saurav Gangully 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Yuvaraj Singh 6. Virendar Schewag 7. Mahendar Singh Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Harbajan Singh 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Sreesanth 13. Suresh Raina 14. Dinesh Karthik 15. Anil Kumble

Re: World Cup Selection competition 1. Sachin Tendulkar 2. Saurav Ganguly 3. Rahul Dravid 4. M Kaif 5. Yuvraj Singh 6. Virendar Sehwag 7. Mahendar Singh Dhoni 8. Robin Uthappa 9. Anil Kumble 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Ashish Nehra 12. Sreesanth 13. Harbajan Singh 14. Dinesh Karthik 15. Ajit Agarkar

Re: World Cup Selection competition 1. Sourav Ganguly 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. VVS Laxman 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Virender Sehwag 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Anil Kumble 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Dinesh Karthik 13. Sreesanth 14. Munaf Patel 15. Harbhajan Singh

Re: World Cup Selection competition A bunch of jokes that they are so who knows - Rohan's wish may actually come true of selecting VVS. Hopefully, then he will stop banging on about him. :mad: 1. Robin Uthappa 2. Saurav Ganguly 3. Rahul Dravid (Not really sure about him though :hic: ) 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Yuvraj 6. Virendra Shewag 7. Dinesh Karthik 8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni 9. Irfan Pathan 10. Ajit Agarkar 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Sreesanth 13. Munaf Patel 14. Harbajan Singh 15. Anil Kumble I presume we can edit the selection until the 11th? (Just wanted to make sure in case I have to include VVS at the last minute).

Re: World Cup Selection competition 1. Sourav Ganguly 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. Robin Uthappa 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Virender Sehwag 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Anil Kumble 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Dinesh Karthik 13. Suresh Raina 14. Munaf Patel 15. Harbhajan Singh

Re: World Cup Selection competition 1. Robin Uthappa 2. Saurav Ganguly 3. Sachin Tendulkar 4. Yuvraj Singh 5. Rahul Dravid 6. V Sehwag 7. MS Dhoni 8. IK Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Harbajan Singh 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Dinesh Karthik 13. Sreesanth 14. Anil Kumble 15. Munaf Patel

Re: World Cup Selection competition 1) Rahul Dravid 2) M S Dhoni 3) Sachin Tendulkar 4) Virender Sehwag 5) Sourav Ganguly 6) Dinesh Khartik 7) Yuvrag Singh 8) Robin Uthappa 9) Irfan Pathan 10)Munaf Patel 11) Sree Sreesanth 12) Anil Kumble 13) Ramesh Powar 14) Zaheer Khan 15) Ajit Agarkar

Re: World Cup Selection competition VVS Laxman may end his career without taking part in a world cup. The Hyderabadi batsman is disappointed and feels he has not been given his fair share of chances. He missed out in 2003 and is likely to miss out in 2007. As the selectors meet on February 12 to choose the team for the World Cup, there are few people who are willing to bet on a place for VVS Laxman in the squad. Laxman who seems to have seen the writing on the wall, spoke his mind in an exclusive interview to NDTV. "I have not got enough chances, I got only one chance in South Africa. I admit my running is not the best but that's not reason enough to drop me," Laxman, the captain of the Hyderabad Ranji team said. Eden Garden performance The 281 runs at the Eden Gardens was Laxman's calling card but today that seems like history. Laxman regrets the selectors hardly gave him an opportunity to prove his worth as a one-day cricketer. "In the ODIs, they haven't picked me at all in so many years. For someone like Zaheer, they have given ample chances, which is good for him. I got only one chance that too in South Africa where I had no time to get used to the conditions," Laxman said. Most senior cricketers have pointed to Laxman's running between the wickets as the reason why he is not one-day material. "I am not definitely the quickest in the country. But it is not that I am missing out on the singles. There is more scope to improve. But I think that's a very harsh reason for not including me in the team," he said. In the Test series against South Africa, Laxman was Rahul Dravid's deputy. The Test scene is where the stylish Hyderabadi would hope to consolidate himself in the Indian team.

Re: World Cup Selection competition More Laxman speaks to the media and takes up the cause he will be pinged. I don't like him pointing out other players and saying they got more chances than him. Even Rahul Dravid was dropped from ODIs long enough but he worked hard at his game and we all know he is among the best right now. Laxman partly needs to be blamed for his non selection in ODIs. I personally would prefer Laxman going to WC in place of guys like Raina but I don't reckon him taking this with the media is going to help. :shrug: