World Cup Selection competition

kabira

Re: World Cup Selection competition My starting 11 1. Sachin Tendulkar 2. Sourav Ganguly 3. VVS Laxman 4. Virender Sehwag 5. Rahul Dravid 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Zaheer Khan 10. Anil Kumble 11. Munaf Let me break down this 11 for you, we all know SCG, SRT are great openers. We all know Laxmans capabilties, so dont deny it, he can stabilize the innings and then comes Sehwag and hes the type of player either he scores or not. Then comes Mr Dependable Dravid. Yuvraj and Dhoni can up the scoring rate towards the end of the innings. Bowling: Anils experience and is economical and i personally dont think Bhajji should get a start over him. Agarkar is a great ODI bowler. Zaheers in prime form Bench: Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uttapha, Sreesanth,Irfan Pathan

Re: World Cup Selection competition

what surprises me is that how so many people can include guys like Raina Kaif Powar at the cost of Laxman.
I found this posting from someone who follows Laxman worship as rohan. I'm sure all of you will have lot to say to counter this guys arguments:
VVS Laxman is regarded as a test batsman rater than an ODI batsman. His ODI record also proves that. His test average is 42.41 whereas his average in ODI cricket is 30.76. However, record sometimes can not show the pragmatic situation. As a middle order batsman I think Laxman should be selected for the final squad of the world cup. 1. Laxman is an experienced player and can take singles playing in the gaps which is very much needed for a middle order batsman. 2. He can bat very well under pressure which is very important as Indian middle order is often seen to be broken within few overs. 3. He is an experienced player so he can lead the lower order to support him building a good score. 4. He has a lot of stroke in his hand which help him palying in any position in the batting order. So, I think he will make the batting line up more strong and increase the depth of Indian batting. Laxman has showed that he is now in a good form and fit both mentally and physically to be selected at the world cup cricket squad of India.

Re: World Cup Selection competition

what surprises me is that how so many people can include guys like Raina Kaif Powar at the cost of Laxman.
I found this posting from someone who follows Laxman worship as rohan. I'm sure all of you will have lot to say to counter this guys arguments:
VVS Laxman is regarded as a test batsman rater than an ODI batsman. His ODI record also proves that. His test average is 42.41 whereas his average in ODI cricket is 30.76. However, record sometimes can not show the pragmatic situation. As a middle order batsman I think Laxman should be selected for the final squad of the world cup. 1. Laxman is an experienced player and can take singles playing in the gaps which is very much needed for a middle order batsman. 2. He can bat very well under pressure which is very important as Indian middle order is often seen to be broken within few overs. 3. He is an experienced player so he can lead the lower order to support him building a good score. 4. He has a lot of stroke in his hand which help him palying in any position in the batting order. So, I think he will make the batting line up more strong and increase the depth of Indian batting. Laxman has showed that he is now in a good form and fit both mentally and physically to be selected at the world cup cricket squad of India.
SRT and Dravid batting in the middle order, with yuvraj, dhoni, and another batsman to come, solves all that, we dont "need" laxman. rather have some1 like raina or karthik not kaif, please, not kaif

Re: World Cup Selection competition I'm predicting the following team will be choosen : 1. Rahul Dravid 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. Sehwag 4. Utappa 5. Karthik 6. Dhoni 7. Irfan Pathan 8. Yuvraj Singh 9. Agarkar 10. Kumble 11. Sreesanth 12. Harbhajan 13. Munaf 14. Sourav Ganguly 15. Zaheer Khan I think they will take Irfan Pathan on his past reputation. Gambhir won't go certainly and one failure will not spoil it for Utappa. Karthik will be preferred over Raina I think.

Re: World Cup Selection competition ok man. Raina and Karthik will do the job, how can you compare those guys to Laxman. Those guys have yet to perform effectively oversees. Laxman is class, best number 3 batsmen indias got, even as ask greats such as Amarnath. Yuvraj is not in the best of form right now its not worth risking anything, Laxman would bring perfect chemistry to the team with his experience and his ability to take control of strong bowling attacks. An Average of 30.76 isnt bad considering the fact that hes only played 86 odi which is nothing for a player of his calibre, hes played for 10 years now thats nothing, raina will surpass that in 3 years time if he keeps getting the chances he gets. Comeon guys weve seen the indian order crumble oversees, who knows how tendulkar will play i mean yea sure he was the man of the series in India but who knows what he plays like he did in the SA one days. A player like Laxman can stabilize the innings and has a unique ability to play oversees, his record in Windies speaks for itself sure it may be test match cricket but with Laxmans burning desire to play a WC who knows how good hell be.

Re: World Cup Selection competition India in Pakistan, 2003/04, 5th One-Day International Pakistan v India Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore (day/night) 24 March 2004 (50-over match) Result: India won by 40 runs Series: India wins the 5-ODI series 3-2 Toss: Pakistan Umpires: Nadeem Ghauri and DR Shepherd (Eng) TV Umpire: Zamir Haider Match Referee: RS Madugalle (SL) Man of the Match: VVS Laxman Man of the Series: Inzamam-ul-Haq India innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4 6 V Sehwag c Moin Khan b Shabbir Ahmed 20 26 22 4 0 SR Tendulkar c Moin Khan b Mohammad Sami 37 60 48 7 0 VVS Laxman c Mohammad Sami b Shoaib Malik 107 158 104 11 0 *SC Ganguly c Moin Khan b Shoaib Akhtar 45 69 64 5 0 +R Dravid b Mohammad Sami 4 18 10 0 0 Yuvraj Singh c Inzamam-ul-Haq b Shabbir Ahmed 18 22 19 2 0 M Kaif c Taufeeq Umar b Mohammad Sami 16 27 20 0 0 IK Pathan not out 20 23 12 3 0 L Balaji not out 10 9 6 0 1 Extras (b 2, lb 4, w 5, nb 5) 16 Total (7 wickets, 50 overs, 209 mins) 293 DNB: M Kartik, Z Khan. FoW: 1-34 (Sehwag, 5.6 ov), 2-79 (Tendulkar, 14.1 ov), 3-171 (Ganguly, 32.4 ov), 4-183 (Dravid, 36.1 ov), 5-227 (Yuvraj Singh, 42.1 ov), 6-253 (Laxman, 45.5 ov), 7-276 (Kaif, 48.3 ov). Bowling O M R W Shoaib Akhtar 10 1 47 1 Shabbir Ahmed 10 1 56 2 (3nb, 1w) Mohammad Sami 10 1 63 3 (1nb, 2w) Abdul Razzaq 10 0 54 0 Shoaib Malik 10 0 67 1 (1nb, 1w) Pakistan innings (target: 294 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6 Yasir Hameed b Balaji 2 7 5 0 0 Taufeeq Umar b Pathan 18 29 17 3 0 Yousuf Youhana lbw b Pathan 1 5 7 0 0 *Inzamam-ul-Haq c Tendulkar b Kartik 38 85 51 5 0 Younis Khan c Yuvraj Singh b Pathan 12 31 20 2 0 Shoaib Malik c Kaif b Sehwag 65 115 89 3 1 Abdul Razzaq c Sehwag b Balaji 5 12 9 0 0 +Moin Khan b Balaji 72 100 71 5 1 Mohammad Sami b Khan 23 26 17 0 1 Shoaib Akhtar run out (Yuvraj Singh) 2 3 2 0 0 Shabbir Ahmed not out 1 4 2 0 0 Extras (b 2, lb 5, w 4, nb 3) 14 Total (all out, 47.5 overs, 213 mins) 253 FoW: 1-8 (Yasir Hameed, 1.4 ov), 2-9 (Yousuf Youhana, 2.5 ov), 3-25 (Taufeeq Umar, 6.1 ov), 4-58 (Younis Khan, 12.1 ov), 5-87 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, 20.4 ov), 6-96 (Abdul Razzaq, 23.6 ov), 7-195 (Shoaib Malik, 40.5 ov), 8-248 (Mohammad Sami, 46.3 ov), 9-250 (Shoaib Akhtar, 46.5 ov), 10-253 (Moin Khan, 47.5 ov). Bowling O M R W Pathan 10 2 32 3 (4w) Balaji 9.5 0 62 3 (2nb) Khan 9 0 54 1 (1nb) Kartik 10 0 42 1 Tendulkar 5 0 27 0 Sehwag 4 0 29 1 Let this speak for itself, A guy like this is missing out?

Re: World Cup Selection competition chill dude, u and i both know laxman isnt gonna make it... :wall: u think he deserves to make it, others dont. big deal, you arent gonna change ur opinion, others arent gonna change theirs, and bottomline is, he wont be going to WI, so might as well forget it :shrug: