Team India needs a bowling coach, prospects, discussion

Kumble has mentioned a bowling coach will be employed after WI tour as he did not have enough time to choose one wisely before the tour, what should he look for n who are the good prospects.

Firstly someone who has very good technical knowledge n is hands-on n willing to work outside his sphere n also identify n look at n groom potential India bowlers n strengthen the bowling pool.

Bowling to me is more technical as far as difference between success n failure n Injuries, a coach with a good knowledge of body mechanics n solutions to increase pace, effectiveness n fitness also someone who can help with maturing of our young bowlers .

He should be looking at Ranji, India A, NCA n unlike Fletcher or Dawes should look and identify talent so lucky talent like Suyal, Aniket, Rajpoot, Nathu gets utilised n not wasted.

Probable candidates who to me are impressive, Shane Bond, Heath Streak, Shoaib Akhtar, Akram, especially the first two n last but not least Zaheer Khan

6 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Probable candidates who to me are impressive, Shane Bond, Heath Streak, Shoaib Akhtar, Akram, especially the first two n last but not least Zaheer Khan

Akram has said many times on air he is not ready to take a full time job with any team be it india or pakistan, as he can't handle the stress specially the one with subcontinent teams ,

Bond, streak have good experience but i doubt they ll passionate like kumble is being right now, They ll be very professional and do their job with senior team and take their pay cheque's.

Akhtar well he is a good option.

Zaheer is the best candidate for me as he is someone who knws these guys, their mental makeup and have good tunning with them already. He is also aware of the talent available in domestic circuit. 

Our bowlers need a coach who can share their experience with them and help them in difficult situation. These guys more than a coach needs a mentor someone like Imran n Lileee were. Also someone who can add to their attitude as all our bowlers have speed yet no one has a fear or an aura around them. 140+ bowlers needs to look like some sought of threat.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Akram has said many times on air he is not ready to take a full time job with any team be it india or pakistan, as he can't handle the stress specially the one with subcontinent teams ,

Bond, streak have good experience but i doubt they ll passionate like kumble is being right now, They ll be very professional and do their job with senior team and take their pay cheque's.

Akhtar well he is a good option.

Zaheer is the best candidate for me as he is someone who knws these guys, their mental makeup and have good tunning with them already. He is also aware of the talent available in domestic circuit. 

Our bowlers need a coach who can share their experience with them and help them in difficult situation. These guys more than a coach needs a mentor someone like Imran n Lileee were. Also someone who can add to their attitude as all our bowlers have speed yet no one has a fear or an aura around them. 140+ bowlers needs to look like some sought of threat.

WELL SAID

13 hours ago, Viper said:

I doubt any Pakistani will ever work for bcci .. i mean i doubt if bcci lets them.

AKHTAR would be great choice.

Akhtar would be good but his signing would only bring controversies. 

IF team does well people in Pak wont let him live in peace. They already cant digest when akram helped irfan n akram gets a lot of hate for coaching KKR as well.

If our bowlers fail, people in our country wont let him live. they call him traitior and name him the next guy post chappell to destroy indian cricket. 

How Akram gets a bashing in Pakistan for just being a coach for KKR

17 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Yes that's the thing, but he might be open to it n if he is commentating n Bcci he to allow that then he could also be a bowling coach

I think it needs to be either:

1) It needs to be someone who has international experience bowling in overseas conditions, particularly Australia and South Africa. I think Shane Bond fits the bill here, and he has prior coaching experience. Although he has a forgettable record in Australia, he has a terrific one in South Africa. 

2) Someone who can provide consistent input to our pacers. Other teams have their bowling coaches providing input to their bowlers during the game itself, that is something I don't remember seeing for our side. I think Zaheer fits this well, as there is no language issue between him and our pacers; and he's a recent retiree, so he is more up to date on modern cricket.  

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

I think it needs to be either:

1) It needs to be someone who has international experience bowling in overseas conditions, particularly Australia and South Africa. I think Shane Bond fits the bill here, and he has prior coaching experience. Although he has a forgettable record in Australia, he has a terrific one in South Africa. 

2) Someone who can provide consistent input to our pacers. Other teams have their bowling coaches providing input to their bowlers during the game itself, that is something I don't remember seeing for our side. I think Zaheer fits this well, as there is no language issue between him and our pacers; and he's a recent retiree, so he is more up to date on modern cricket.  

I am looking for a dynamic coach, not just the squad or team but for Indian cricket ,someone who helps our pacers n grooms the next gen too, t advantage Zaheer has over others is he is based in India n can be used more with NCA Domestic players but to me Bond n Akhtar are best candidates