Why no Pujara?

zen

When Pujara came on the scene, he was seen as the real deal with tremendous potential and resolve.  And in India, he would play aggressive against the spinners using his feet (recall the Aussie series).  Not sure how much of that knee injury has hampered his progress.   But he's always the first one to be dropped which is also strange so it is likely at the back of his mind to secure his wicket.  A lean patch over 5 Tests has seen him getting dropped once again.  It's obvious he doesn't command that much of authority in the Indian management but he's also not helping himself and not getting runs on relatively easier tracks.  People remember centuries and he's got to start scoring them again. 

Anyways, Kohli should be batting at at #4. 

Pujara is the sacrificial lamb of the team.   About 5 tests back, that 77 against SA in Mohali was a crucial knock and the test before that he scored 145* against SL in colombo.  It's obvious the management doesn't think highly of him for whatever reasons.  A player needs security and not be bogged down with insecurity.  Even in Aus, if i recall correctly he was dropped. 

Still can't get over dropping both Vijay and Pujara for attacking Dhawan and Rohit. Even great Aussie side of 2000s had couple of grafters among the other attacking bats. If Pujara is dropped for slow SR then it sends the wrong message to him. From next opportunity Pujara might think of playing unnatural faster game leading to further failures.

One can only score runs by being on the crease .... assumption that by substituting a player with a slower SR with a higher SR will translate into similar amt of runs scored in less time frame appears to be faulty 

If Ind gets bowled out quickly, it would have been innovative. As it gave itself more time to bowl out WI but getting themselves bowled out quickly 

One of the comments.

BC MC manjrekar. Like he had best strike rate when he was batting this stupid guy would dance down the ground and defend the  ball. Now has the nerve to talk about strike rates and portrays rohit as the best batsman. :wall:

• Thank you Mr. Kumble.. I'm relieved...Manjrekar , Patil & Mr. Kohli almost screwed up the best test batsman we have in India ( Dare I say) right now. Yes Kohli & rahane can play wonderful innings on their day & defy the best of best attacks with their brilliance.. But it would be Pujara who i would trust to bat for my life on any given day... No other player in the current team has been feted out the shabby treatment as they did to Pujara..Yes even the best have ups & downs in their career..But that doesn't warrant a scrutiny like this..India would do well to remember what happened with Dravid ( Omitting from ODI's in his initial days AND ignoring from Shorter formats during his last days ONLY to shamelessly recall him to ENGLAND in 2011 as none of our world champions couldn't handle moving ball)...Mark my words... Pujara is going to end up as one of the best test batsman of this generation.. probably greater than the Kohlis , roots & Smiths

•