Kuptaan's Foolhardy Bravado leads India into the abyss

sandeep

1. Foolish Avoidable mistake # 1 - benching your best test batsman to accomodate Rahul and Dhawan in the team. 
  2. Doubling down on the first mistake by benching Pujara and bringing in the greatest wicket-thrower Indian team has ever seen.
  3. Foolish Avoidable mistake - Risking himself to the new ball at the fall of the early wicket.  Sure credit to him for having the right "attitude" at the individual level.  But as a Captain, he has to primarily put his team and players in positions to succeed.  This was a mistake from that perspective.  

Kohli's choice of batsmen, as well as batting order, were wrong today.

Dropping Vijay  was the worst of his decisions  and promoting himself to no.3 against the new ball, was unnecessary as he was doing so well at no.4.

What I would like to see is, whether he learns from these mistakes or not.

In an earlier series, most probably against SL, he had chosen Rohit over Pujara but  rectified this probably the next match after Pujara got a ton and Rohit failed.  I would like him to do the same thing in the next test and choose Vijay and Pujara replacing Dhawan and Rohit.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli's choice of batsmen, as well as batting order, were wrong today.

Dropping Vijay  was the worst of his decisions  and promoting himself to no.3 against the new ball, was unnecessary as he was doing so well at no.4.

What I would like to see is, whether he learns from these mistakes or not.

In an earlier series, most probably against SL, he had chosen Rohit over Pujara but  rectified this probably the next match after Pujara got a ton and Rohit failed.  I would like him to do the same thing in the next test and choose Vijay and Pujara replacing Dhawan and Rohit.

Vijay was dropped or injured?  i thought he was injured and may not have fully recovered

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Some posters have confirmed that Kohli has said that Vijay is fit. That means he was  dropped.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/81936/murali-vijay-or-kl-rahul-virat-kohli-yet-to-take-a-call

The good thing is Vijay has been in a good head-space. He's back to the nets and back to fielding. We'll take a call on that. We still have to discuss that.

20 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Vijay was dropped

hmm..really surprising if true.  has there been an official statement or just speculation from the fans. 

Because if they were going to drop Pujara, then Vijay Dhawan would have opened and Rahul at #3 was the more logicial step than completely changing the batting order by including Rohit

Edited by PBN
2 minutes ago, PBN said:

hmm..really surprising if true.  has there been an official statement or just speculation from the fans. 

From Kohli yesterday press conference

India captain Virat Kohli was quite cryptic about resolving the happy headache around the choice of openers, but he did suggest M Vijay was fit when he said the management would have to make the tough call after practice.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2016/content/story/1044087.html

What I want to know is to what extent is Kumble responsible for this? Ie Kohli is still a young captain. Surely this is where the coach steps in and makes the call

From what I remember when MSD was made captain in tests regularly Dravid Ganguly Laxman Kumble Sachin were involved in decision making along with Gary who was a huge influence.

Edited by G_B_