Kuptaan's Foolhardy Bravado leads India into the abyss

sandeep

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

What I want to know is to what extent is Kumble responsible for this? Ie Kohli is still a young captain. Surely this is where the coach steps in and makes the call

From what I remember when MSD was made captain in tests regularly Dravid Ganguly Laxman Kumble Sachin were involved in decision making along with Gary who was a huge influence.

This is a Captain call, kohli made rohit play at 3. Rahul has been benched for dhawan, so its a kohli call. 

Karn sharma was his move

All are aggresive moves but with wrong people.

He has all the right ideas about winning test matches, he selects leg spinner, bowlers with pace and people who can score fast but his choice of people for that are wrong.

M ok with it as soon as he learns, i dont want him to change his intent to win but find better player for it

9 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

I am concerned about how this will affect Vijay going forward. This is a player who has been India's best batsman over the last two years in test cricket and one who very much thrives on confidence

I think this may have a negative affect on VJ and some insecurity. Being dropped because the captain has his favorites in Rohit and Dhawan

Ridiculous

it wont be surprising if he starts acting as if he has achieved what he can already. He is a confidence based player, needs to be wanted.

Also shows that Kumble is not having much say in the selection process.

Anyone with intact brain cells will pick Vijay,Pujara ahead of Dhawan,Rohit unless you are desperate for win,want to rattle WI in one session or keeping weather in the picture as there is prediction of rain here..

Look at the Indian batsmen in test cricket-

dd7f5186a5b2e69829866a7ab281ed5d.jpg

Top 2 are dropped and bottom 2 are left out.

We can only hope for Kohli to learn from this..But this isnt the first time.Even in the Galle test Rohit was dismissed in the most absyml way(Actually twice in first innings)but wasnt questioned as whole batting lineup was blamed for the batting debacle.Had Pujara been there,India would have won that match.

18 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Anyone with intact brain cells will pick Vijay,Pujara ahead of Dhawan,Rohit unless you are desperate for win,want to rattle WI in one session or keeping weather in the picture as there is prediction of rain here..

Look at the Indian batsmen in test cricket-

dd7f5186a5b2e69829866a7ab281ed5d.jpg

Top 2 are dropped and bottom 2 are left out.

We can only hope for Kohli to learn from this..But this isnt the first time.Even in the Galle test Rohit was dismissed in the most absyml way(Actually twice in first innings)but wasnt questioned as whole batting lineup was blamed for the batting debacle.Had Pujara been there,India would have won that match.

Nice stats.

Even prediction of rain does not justify Vijay's omission.   Difficult to understand how the experienced Kumble endorsed it.

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nice stats.

Even prediction of rain does not justify Vijay's omission.   Difficult to understand how the experienced Kumble endorsed it.

I really dont see Kumble into decision making , he must have had his views but at the end of the it captain who takes call. 

I hope kohli must have learned his lesson, Vijay do not deserve to sit on any grounds. Kohli has to learn quicky who are the right player and whom not and if he wants to play  a certain type of aggresive cricket well he should as selectors for better players. 

Reminds of the time when sourav ganguly was tempted with Sehwag sucess as opener that he wanted to make yuvraj open with him at cost of well settled pair of Aakash chopra n sehwag. Thanx to mcgrath who made a mockery of the idea 

Ganguly wants Yuvraj as opener in Tests

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2004/jun/13gang.htm

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
I really dont see Kumble into decision making , he must have had his views but at the end of the it captain who takes call. 

I hope kohli must have learned his lesson, Vijay do not deserve to sit on any grounds. Kohli has to learn quicky who are the right player and whom not and if he wants to play  a certain type of aggresive cricket well he should as selectors for better players. 

Reminds of the time when sourav ganguly was tempted with Sehwag sucess as opener that he wanted to make yuvraj open with him at cost of well settled pair of Aakash chopra n sehwag. Thanx to mcgrath who made a mockery of the idea 

Rohit was picked even with Virat-Ravi shastri.

Now with Virat-Kumble.

Who is common here??Kohli..It is no brainer..Kohli loves Rohit.

1 minute ago, Bigg Brother said:

Vijay or Pujara or whatever...You just dont change your team just based on the weather prediction to include a player who can change match in one session.

By that way they should have send an Sos to Bcci to call yusuf, hardik n raina. 

No matter what u do not bench a performer like Vijay for an absolute failure like Rohit

1 minute ago, Bigg Brother said:

Rohit was picked even with Virat-Ravi shastri.

Now with Virat-Kumble.

Who is common here??Kohli..It is no brainer..Kohli loves Rohit.

Yup i have no doubts about it that it was move by kohli, he even made him play at 3.

I understand his idea that he wants someone like Sehwag who has that kind of impact but wrong person. 

He also a wanted a leggie in Aus so he choose karn sharma over ashwin, again a right idea but wrong person.

Kohli has the right idea but he is choosing fools for the job and he has to learn really quickly or else we r dooomed. His love for Rohit has to end.

7 minutes ago, Vibhash said:

One can understand why captain doesn't have confidence in Pujara, but dropping Vijay for anyone is criminal.

captain does not have confidence in Pujara who has helped them team win in 3 of the last 7 tests he played  but has confidence in Rohit's game changing ability in session which no one has seen yet. The ultimate stupidity.