M.S Dhoni Trailer out- Finally an answer by trailer that why he dropped seniors.

The cricket scene looks good. hopefully there is more cricketing nuances and intelligence to game scenes. Usually in any movie it is just series of montages of our hero just belting out sixes. Better movies like Lagaan or Iqbal sometime have logic but still not half as exciting as watch any match. Bodyline was one production that got cricket really well. 

Film trailer looks really good even though there seems to be some cringeworthy bollywood type romantic scenes.

Also the problem with Indian biopics are there are no grey shades.....I haven't seen it but from what I hear Azhar was also a total whitewashing of Azharuddin's character....so if a guy who has actually admitted on tape to CBI that he fixed matches,can be shown as a clean and honest individual,can you imagine a biopic about someone like MSD.

Also no doubt MSD is an icon....a small town guy from a middle class family becomes captain of a sport followed by a billion people......definitely commendable

But don't think he deserves a biopic to be honest. So pretty sure,it is funded by him so it will be boring glorification. I mean I was pretty curious about the Azhar movie because there is a story there and it was badly messed up,in Dhoni's case there is nothing so exceptional that it sticks out.

I am going to skip this one like I do with most Masala movies,having said that from the trailer good job by the actor playing him.

Edited by maniac
19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Film trailer looks really good even though there seems to be some cringeworthy bollywood type romantic scenes.

Also the problem with Indian biopics are there are no grey shades.....I haven't seen it but from what I hear Azhar was also a total whitewashing of Azharuddin's character....so if a guy who has actually admitted on tape to CBI that he fixed matches,can be shown as a clean and honest individual,can you imagine a biopic about someone like MSD.

Also no doubt MSD is an icon....a small town guy from a middle class family becomes captain of a sport followed by a billion people......definitely commendable

But don't think he deserves a biopic to be honest. So pretty sure,it is funded by him so it will be boring glorification. I mean I was pretty curious about the Azhar movie because there is a story there and it was badly messed up,in Dhoni's case there is nothing so exceptional that it sticks out.

I am going to skip this one like I do with most Masala movies,having said that from the trailer good job by the actor playing him.

There cant'b gr8 shades as our cricketers are worshiped as gods. Even films with larger than life male protagonist shows them as all good. Its been there in our cinema for ages apart from few exceptions . Its been in recent times that films have character with some grey shades. 

Azhar biopic was just a image makeover. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

okkadu is better than most of the sports movies churned out by bollywood :giggle:

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Trailer getting good response on youtube fb and twitter. 

182k likes with just 3k dislikes ( 10 to 12 defo must be from this forum ) :phehe:

From trailer it looks like hint of politics were shown as he from some backward state chances given to him were less compared to people from mumbai delhi or any other state.

Irony is his favorite players he backs are all from big cities Rohit(Mumbai),Ishant(Delhi),Ashwin(Chennai),Rayudu(Hyderabad/Baroda)......except may be Jadeja,RP Singh and Raina

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Irony is players who you people say he threw out are all from big cities

Sehwag (delhi) , Gambhir (delhi ) , yuvi (punjab) 2 to 3 others you guys claim.

Mumbai is over rated never produced any good players.. Most of them are selfish from gavaskar in wc to one other i wouldn't like to mention cause he hasn't had a bio yet..

Ash and Rohit are your best players not sure what you are complaining about.. are you feeling bad cause Umesh isn't selected ahead of ishant ? 

Ok I thought this conversation was going somewhere Lol.....ciao