2nd away series win for Captain Kohli

Ganguly won 3 away series for India - 2 against Zim and 1 against Bangladesh

Dhnoi won 3 - NZ, WI and Bangladesh

Dravid won 3 - Eng, WI and Bangladesh

Series in Pakistan was won jointly by Dravid and Dada.

Now Kohli is on verge of winning 2nd away series - SL and WI

MSD won 6 away matches from 2009 to 2014 as captain of Indian team. 

Kohli will be on 4th place among all captains in terms for most number of away wins. Dada (11), Dhoni (6) and Dravid (5) are ahead.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli now has a  win / loss ratio of  3.5  as captain.   It will obviously change as he plays tougher sides on away tours.

In our entire history, Sourav Ganguly has the best  win / loss ratio of   1.61    among retired captains.

3.5?

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What tough series did Ganguly or Dhoni win, Ganguly prides himself as some great winner but what overseas win did his team win other than 2004 Pakistan series.Kohli has won 2 tests in two consecutive overseas series which is just awesome.

Unlike any other captain he is willing to lead from front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cricket is a team sport. I don't understand the whole "captain won this and that". How did Kohli lead from front with a grand total of 7 runs in this match? Cricket games are won by 11 guys not one. Kohli is lucky to have "captained" against the weakest SL and WI test teams in decades. I think we would have won both of these series' under Dhoni. The core group is pretty much the same.

Ganguly doesn't win much without Tendulkar

Dhoni doesn't win much without Kohli

Kohli doesn't win much without Ashwin.

A captain is only as good as the team around him.

Edited by Jersey #10

Cricket is a team sport. I don't understand the whole "captain won this and that". How did Kohli lead from front with a grand total of 7 runs in this match? Cricket games are won by 11 guys not one. Kohli is lucky to have "captained" against the weakest SL and WI test teams in decades.

Unlike any other captain bar Dravid Kohli has put team first and has taken up challenge to do hard things unlike any other captain .he has batted at no 3 , yes he failed in this match but so what he scored double 100 to set the tone for series.

Dravid had right spirit but was not assertive enough, an aggressive captain who leads from front makes world of difference to any team as he gives that winning edge.

Kohli will face tougher challenges but he will do well , I see that Australian attitude of winning every match in him.

Any team will reflect its captain as he is the one who sets the tone, Dhoni was willing to settle for a draw in Mohali test against Australia with 20 runs needed as he was safety first captain.It reflected teams under him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Jersey #10 said:

Cricket is a team sport. I don't understand the whole "captain won this and that". How did Kohli lead from front with a grand total of 7 runs in this match? Cricket games are won by 11 guys not one. Kohli is lucky to have "captained" against the weakest SL and WI test teams in decades. I think we would have won both of these series' under Dhoni. The core group is pretty much the same.

Consistent wins depend on both the players and the captain/ coach.

A team won't win without good strategies ,tactics and motivation...... for which the captain and coach are responsible.

No matter how good the strategies and tactics are...without good players to execute them, results won't come.

Good captains often walk the extra yard to desperately ask for and include new players if the current ones are not good....and a good example was Imran Khan.

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Nothing to brag about untill he wins in SA,ENG,AUS with Rohit and co.

SL and WI both are mediocre team but both the captain (Metthews and Holder)helped India with their extremely poor captaincy.

That win in SL was impressive. How can you say that? And to come back after a knock like Chandimal to even up the series and then win, it's something to brag out. If you dont want to thats fine. I'll surely do it.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli now has a  win / loss ratio of  3.5  as captain.   It will obviously change as he plays tougher sides on away tours.

In our entire history, Sourav Ganguly has the best  win / loss ratio of   1.61    among retired captains.

A question for you : Who has got the worst win/loss record from from a subcontinent captain?

options: A) Ding Ning

B) Dum Gai

C) Kaptaan Dhoni