Harsha Bhogle's commentary exile continues [returns back to commentary box]

Nova

Bhogle mostly does commentary for high profile series such as England and Australia tours or when they tour India for 4-5 tests. So we will have to wait and see if he's in the team for the upcoming England's tour of India 5 tests.

20 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Ha, remember when he was arguing with Dada and Wasim that India should forget about fast bowlers and stick to swing bowling. Dada looked like he wanted to slap this fool. He has such a defeatist mentality and inferiority complex, I'm not sure how anyone care bear him. He even attacks the stat guys calling them "nerds."  

What's worse is when he and Jadeja front-run and kick teams when they're down. I am surprised King Viv hasn't punched him and Jadeja both in the face so far. 

Viv has been too formal in his commentary style for this test series, I've heard him doing Big Bash commentary in Australia and he sounds far more relaxed. Probably he's being as nice as possible right now.

49 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Are they right in doing that based on a complaint from the test captain ?  

I suppose all three are technically employees of the BCCI. If there is conflict among their employees, the BCCI can surely decide which to side with, which to suspend, and which to exile. I think it's obvious who the BCCI cares to cater to.   

You could say that Kohli and Dhoni are actually employed by India, but, either way, Harsha isn't. The BCCI is in charge of the broadcasting agreements, and doesn't have to employ him. 

12 hours ago, gattaca said:

Blames goes to BCCI as well for letting this happen. David warner was asked to publicly apologize to sports journalist when had a go at him.

David warner had a public spat with the journalist in question on twitter.

If the BCCI decided to ask their players (both captains) for opinion and they provide negative feedback of Harsha in private neither Kohli nor MSD are to blame. Ultimately they have provided their input to the BCCI and the BCCI chose to respect the said input. Its bad that BCCI decided to ask their captains for opinion. Not the opinions provided by the players themselves. Its a fundamental right for any human being to have an opinion. 

I am sure Harsha is free to air his true views at a columnist for the plenty of media outlets sprouting up in the country. He started his stint in proper commentary since 1995, 20  odd years is not bad....

Edited by G_B_
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It's not bullying. BCCI is the employer. They have the rights hire or not hire him.

Is this official? I thought commentators were employed by the broadcasting channels and not the cricket boards.

Is it the same across the world? Sky commentators employed by Sky or ECB? CH9 commentators employed by CH9 or ACB?

3 hours ago, philcric said:

Is this official? I thought commentators were employed by the broadcasting channels and not the cricket boards.

Is it the same across the world? Sky commentators employed by Sky or ECB? CH9 commentators employed by CH9 or ACB?

BCCI itself produces the cricket matches played in India.

On 8/19/2016 at 0:35 AM, Tibarn said:

I suppose all three are technically employees of the BCCI. If there is conflict among their employees, the BCCI can surely decide which to side with, which to suspend, and which to exile. I think it's obvious who the BCCI cares to cater to.   

You could say that Kohli and Dhoni are actually employed by India, but, either way, Harsha isn't. The BCCI is in charge of the broadcasting agreements, and doesn't have to employ him. 

They will be employed by India only if cricket was an olympic sport and they are representing India in it.  I think bcci is their employer

44 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Harsha is horrible commentator.

sorry to all those who like him but he is horrible, annoying, irritating.

he at times is too in awe of the sports men, the problem is him being from non cricketing background, he can not talk about how to play the game but just can ask questions of the other cricket 'experts' with their bloated egos. Harsha looks to be a good guy, worked hard to get the gigs i would suppose. But he gets very boring since he has said everything he has to say many times over on air.

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he at times is too in awe of the sports men, the problem is him being from non cricketing background, he can not talk about how to play the game but just can ask questions of the other cricket 'experts' with their bloated egos. Harsha looks to be a good guy, worked hard to get the gigs i would suppose. But he gets very boring since he has said everything he has to say many times over on air.

Ya bro. He may well be a nice guy.

But in front of camera he is extremely irritating for me and for many people. Let's have someone who even if is someone who people don't like, but isn't as irritating as harsha. 

Posters here who want Harsha to be replaced with other commentators, can you please tell me who? It's not like we have a factory producing commentators with decent grasp over the english language. Arun Lal (get schooled on birds), LSRK (that voice...oh no :hehe:) ??

Harsha may get annoying, but overall he still has a large following and does his job satisfactorily.

8 hours ago, Nova said:

Posters here who want Harsha to be replaced with other commentators, can you please tell me who? It's not like we have a factory producing commentators with decent grasp over the english language. Arun Lal (get schooled on birds), LSRK (that voice...oh no :hehe:) ??

Harsha may get annoying, but overall he still has a large following and does his job satisfactorily.

Sadagoppan Ramesh. He is already a successful commentator in Tamil.