Indian sports-people are immature loudmouths by and large

randomGuy

Yes. Both coaches and players make tall claims and then get no medals. They can't control themselves in front of cameras or attention. 

Vinesh Phogat broke down into tears in one of her earlier interviews saying gold gold gold. Yogeshwar's coach was saying gold gold gold yesterday on zee news and look what happened today.

The emphasis should be on performance, not medals. These people lack brains, put too much pressure on themselves by speaking and then look like fools afterwards.

Edited by randomGuy

40 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

One of the worst Olympics for India, medal tally from 6 in 2012 to down to 2 .Indian media was hoping that India will win more medals than in 2012 Olympics but results are very dissappointing

No bling for the Singh... :frown:

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Vinesh Phogat broke down into tears in one of her earlier interviews saying gold gold gold

Why did she breakdown? :confused:

Disappointed at not getting gold or Was it the injury?

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why did she breakdown? :confused:

Disappointed at not getting gold or Was it the injury?

It was before her olympics fight. She wanted the medal so badly that she broke down saying that she wanted it.

Edited by randomGuy

The biggest disappointment in India is wrestling . India had such rich heritage or wrestling with so many dangals happeing in various parts of nation.Why Indian wrestlers just fall flat is beyond my understanding.Thanks to repechage rule few bronze medals started coming from 2008

http://kushtiwrestling.blogspot.in

India is the land of individual excellence despite the limitations of the system; in China, individual success is a product of the system.

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopolitics/article/2006254/65-2-what-rio-olympics-medal-tally-says-about-china-india

70 to 2: What the Rio Olympics medal tally says about China-India comparisons

A very honest assesment by Chinese newspaper

9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

India is the land of individual excellence despite the limitations of the system; in China, individual success is a product of the system.

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopolitics/article/2006254/65-2-what-rio-olympics-medal-tally-says-about-china-india

70 to 2: What the Rio Olympics medal tally says about China-India comparisons

A very honest assesment by Chinese newspaper

Communist nations of a history of doing well in the Olympics, many a times by not so fair means. East Germany, for eg.

I have a theory for this. Its the communist nations who needed acceptance and needed to show the world that their way of life was just as good as that of the West. Hence the over emphasis on Olympics.

China trains athletes in games which are at least traditionally not popular in China. The Soviets did the same.

The writer of the article seems to think that performance in Olympics is some kind of a barometer for the 'success/failure' of a society. But that is not the case.

Would prefer the all singing all dancing chaotic Bollywood over Beijing's perfectly choreographed opening ceremony any day.

54 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Would prefer the all singing all dancing chaotic Bollywood over Beijing's perfectly choreographed opening ceremony any day.

I don't know about China. They should also be having some grt music being such a large country. But India's music is very enjoyable. So much variety and so many good singers. India is great in this regard .

Also, not many good movies in India. Only a few good movies.  Chinese seem to have open minds regarding foreign movies because of  which 3 idiots was appreciated there, breaking cultural n language barriers.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Communist nations of a history of doing well in the Olympics, many a times by not so fair means. East Germany, for eg.

I have a theory for this. Its the communist nations who needed acceptance and needed to show the world that their way of life was just as good as that of the West. Hence the over emphasis on Olympics.

China trains athletes in games which are at least traditionally not popular in China. The Soviets did the same.

The writer of the article seems to think that performance in Olympics is some kind of a barometer for the 'success/failure' of a society. But that is not the case.

Spot on, China's olympic investment is more about world domination than passion for the game. It's a robotic society where the government is all knowing god, individual opinion is aggressively blunted.

As for India, I'm not disappointed about lack of medals as much I am about lack of a sporting culture. Sports instils necessary life skills and makes you a better person.

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

Spot on, China's olympic investment is more about world domination than passion for the game. It's a robotic society where the government is all knowing god, individual opinion is aggressively blunted.

As for India, I'm not disappointed about lack of medals as much I am about lack of a sporting culture. Sports instils necessary life skills and makes you a better person.

At least we are very good at sport which most Indians love , cricket . China despite all its medals can't even qualify for Soccer world cup which chinese are crazy about .I would prefer Indian team winning over Olympics medals in sports which I barely understand

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

At least we are very good at sport which most Indians love , cricket . China despite all its medals can't even qualify for Soccer world cup which chinese are crazy about .I would prefer Indian team winning over Olympics medals in sports which I barely understand

I think the most popular sport in China is basketball but yes they are pretty bad at it even though they produced a couple of NBA stars