Why am I so retarded ? Plz help me

fineleg

BTW' date=' Steve Waugh among many didn't believe in refusing singles either. Why don't you enlighten all these ignorant selfish cricketers?[/quote'] Anakin, 1. SW is not the only person we need to follow. 2. Aus tailenders are good batsmen. Please dont come and tell me RPS and Ishant Sharma are equivalent to a Gillespie types. (or a C.Vaas type) 3. Most teams (incl ours) have poor to below avg tailend batting, and these teams do well to protect the tailenders and at the same time main batsmen score. 4. Had SRT scored when he faced (even if he let the major scoring to I.S.!!!), then we would have been having a bigger lead now. He was having dot balls or singles! when RPS and IS were batting.

Listen' date=' fineleg, if you want to carry on whining about one of the best innings an Indian batsman has played in Australia carry on, I have no patience for your nonsense.[/quote'] Shwetabh, No one is crying abt the "fine innings"...we are talking abt "after tailenders like #10 and #11" are in. That portion of the innings.

Anakin, 1. SW is not the only person we need to follow. 2. Aus tailenders are good batsmen. Please dont come and tell me RPS and Ishant Sharma are equivalent to a Gillespie types. (or a C.Vaas type) 3. Most teams (incl ours) have poor to below avg tailend batting, and these teams do well to protect the tailenders and at the same time main batsmen score. 4. Had SRT scored when he faced (even if he let the major scoring to I.S.!!!), then we would have been having a bigger lead now. He was having dot balls or singles! when RPS and IS were batting.
1. Of course, we need to follow you, not SW or Sunny who thinks it was the right thing to do, or the result. 2. It's not only the skill, probably you can't think beyond that, but SRT was on the ground itself if you can believe it, he knows the pitch, the situation on the ground, the bowling, their attitude, and myriads of other factors, probably a little bit more than you and I'm just guessing. You can call it beginner's luck though that his decision seemed to result in 180+ runs. 3+4. And SRT could well have been out taking more and more risks much earlier, and I'm sure you would've created few more useless threads on that

Holy, So, you are saying that we are now competing in making our tailenders all decent or semi-decent batsmen ala Aus tailenders...Thats surely noble and good thing to do. BUT - and this is the big one - BUT, That is not the reason why SRT did this *today*. You think he did not want to remain not out and he was playing it safe for sake of not out!? *today* did he allow the RPS and I.S. to bat because he wanted them to be more confident in batting? You really think that?

Frankly, if I had been less vociferous in this thread, (some) ppl wud have criticized SRT here. They did it in match threads, if u read the match thread. But becos I was belligerent and said a few "shocking things" that shud not be said abt "Boss/God", focus shifted by ICF-ers attacking me, rather than criticizing SRT. There were a bunch of folks (incl MM who said other than "not out I dont see a reason") in the match thread. Perhaps.

This was by far Tendulkar's best innings in the last 5-6 years. Better than his last effort in Sydney (241). Unlike that innings he was batting under a bit of pressure here, mid way thru his innings (after Yuvi & Dhoni's departure) and doing so with little support from the top order. Tendulkar did take the initiative when he was with Kumble. When Bhajji settled down, he just trusted him as much as a top order bat. It worked. We matched the Aussie tail. From a position of 340 odd for 7 (deficit of 125), we ended up with a lead of 69. Couldnt ask for more. He did far better than what VVS & Ganguly have done recently with the tail. I cant recall when was the last time our tail wagged against a good bowling attack for 180+ runs after we were 7 down. Overall India did better than expected with the bat. And dont forget the time factor. By batting till Day 3, we have ensured that Aussies roughly have a day's play to post a target. Even if they bat like maniacs on a 4th day pitch posting 350, our lead reduces that target to 280. I dont think the Aussies will feel comfortable declaring with such a target with 90 overs left. We may have just saved the game, if not win it.

This was by far Tendulkar's best innings in the last 5-6 years. Better than his last effort in Sydney (241). Unlike that innings he was batting under a bit of pressure here, mid way thru his innings (after Yuvi & Dhoni's departure) and doing so with little support from the top order. Tendulkar did take the initiative when he was with Kumble. When Bhajji settled down, he just trusted him as much as a top order bat. It worked. We matched the Aussie tail. From a position of 340 odd for 7 (deficit of 125), we ended up with a lead of 69. Couldnt ask for more. He did far better than what VVS & Ganguly have done recently with the tail. I cant recall when was the last time our tail wagged against a good bowling attack for 180+ runs after we were 7 down. Overall India did better than expected with the bat. And dont forget the time factor. By batting till Day 3, we have ensured that Aussies roughly have a day's play to post a target. Even if they bat like maniacs on a 4th day pitch posting 350, our lead reduces that target to 280. I dont think the Aussies will feel comfortable declaring with such a target with 90 overs left. We may have just saved the game, if not win it.
And this is by far the most sensible post by you in the last few years :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Holy, So, you are saying that we are now competing in making our tailenders all decent or semi-decent batsmen ala Aus tailenders...Thats surely noble and good thing to do. BUT - and this is the big one - BUT, That is not the reason why SRT did this *today*. You think he did not want to remain not out and he was playing it safe for sake of not out!? *today* did he allow the RPS and I.S. to bat because he wanted them to be more confident in batting? You really think that?
Sachin always does that. The last time he batted with a #11, that guy made 75, and has improved immensely in his batting. I'm talking about Zaheer Khan. He is no longer a #11 batsman.

A great innings:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:. But at the end of the day ,he tried to be ''not out ''.That is a fact . I don't know about selfish part .But he does care statistics.
Yes. @Holy: The ZK was against Bangladesh, correct? Thats such a diff match situation n oppent than vs Aus when we are 0-1 down and higher the lead its crucial for our team. Team is important and match situation is higher priority than "letting tail gain confidence". This is not the time and place for that.

But at the end of the day ' date='he tried to be ''not out ''.[/quote'] In all the cricket I have watched... I cannot recollect a batsman who ever batted with the intention of GETTING OUT. Can you enlighten me on batsmen who bat with the intent of getting out, and their success?

Guest dada_rocks

U are second guessing what tailenders really want.. obviously ishant was not so sure against spinner and tendulkar showed he got the messge and shielded him.. i am sure had he stayed for couple of more overs then eventually sachun wud have reposed his faith in him even against spinner..

In all the cricket I have watched... I cannot recollect a batsman who ever batted with the intention of GETTING OUT. Can you enlighten me on batsmen who bat with the intent of getting out, and their success?
Not abt intention of getting out, but intention of taking risks and scoring quickly when ur with #10 and #11, rather than playing slowly and cautiously like he would when batting with regular batting partner.