Pak VS India in terms of pace bowling

gakgupta

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I did not talk about World 11 bowlers.

That Wahab and Rahat are better than Umesh and Ishant  is just your opinion. Their respective performances don't suggest that.

Yes it's my opinion only and it's not purely based on stats. When I see them bowl I feel selectors should have looked for replacements much much earlier.

46 minutes ago, renjith said:

Yes it's my opinion only and it's not purely based on stats. When I see them bowl I feel selectors should have looked for replacements much much earlier.

The selectors should definitely look for replacements all the time till we find pacers like Steyn and Starc.

I don't dispute the fact that most of our pacers are mediocre.  I am just saying that  most current day Pakistani, SL, NZ and  WI  pacers are mediocre too.

Edited by express bowling
43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The selectors should definitely look for replacements all the time till we find pacers like Steyn and Starc.

I don't dispute the fact that most of our pacers are mediocre.  I am just saying that  most current day Pakistani, SL, NZ and  WI  pacers are mediocre too.

Agree to some extent.

Personally I will pick bolt, southe, wahab, Rahat,  eranga, prasad ahead of Ishant or Umesh irrespective of bowling condition.

Last 5 years

Tests 

Overall figures
Team Players Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SRAscending 5 10  
India 12 2011-2016 43 200 3358.0 605 11662 298 7/74 9/118 39.13 3.47 67.6 11 0 investigate this query
Pakistan 16 2011-2016 34 149 2631.0 435 8659 233 6/127 8/151 37.16 3.29 67.7 9 0

ODI

Overall figures
Team Players Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SRAscending 4 5  
India 25 2011-2016 97 318 2358.5 119 13493 375 5/61 35.98 5.72 37.7 13 1 investigate this query
Pakistan 18 2011-2016 80 226 1784.0 73 9821 271 5/55 36.23 5.50 39.4 5 1

T20

Overall figures
Team Players Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SRAscending 4 5  
India 22 2011-2016 36 107 334.0 5 2631 109 4/19 24.13 7.87 18.3 1 0 investigate this query
Pakistan 18 2011-2016 44 122 396.1 3 3229 129 5/6 25.03 8.15 18.4 2 1

3 hours ago, renjith said:

@vilander, @express intl class does not mean they have to make world 11. neither do they have to be legends. Amir and wahab are intl class bowlers. Rahat is a high quality bowler. So is junaid. Not sure why he was not picked.

For me those guys are way ahead of the likes of Ishant Umesh varun aaron,  ...

read my post again. I am never saying they should, i explain the contrary and differentiate world class and Internationals. For me when it might be that when i do weed, i get so stoned that Santa becomes real,  but then i dont have to proclaim it here saying 'for me' this for me that. Dont cop out bring substantiation if its your opinion its irrelevant in a fact based forum, go write in a fiction story writing forum maybe.

25 minutes ago, renjith said:

When @express thinks nz seamers are mediocre, it's his perception. When @Vilander thinks eng seamers are poor than indian, it's just his perception. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

no. they are not talking about from perception but from stats. Stats say they are as average as our bowlers. Only you who says our bowlers are worse despite stats showing otherwise and that is called perception. and remember likes of Umesh Yadav is yet to play a single test in England, NZ, South Africa countries that are known for conditions somewhat helpful for fast bowlers. 

Edited by rkt.india
49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

no. they are not talking about from perception but from stats. Stats say they are as average as our bowlers. Only you who says our bowlers are worse despite stats showing otherwise and that is called perception. and remember likes of Umesh Yadav is yet to play a single test in England, NZ, South Africa countries that are known for conditions somewhat helpful for fast bowlers. 

Stats says vinay kumar is the best bowler in india. Do we have to agree with that.

I accepted the stats @express posted. But just was looking at other aspects as well.

2 minutes ago, renjith said:

Stats says vinay kumar is the best bowler in india. Do we have to agree with that.

I accepted the stats @express posted. But just was looking at other aspects as well.

yes, Vinay Kumar is one of the best bowlers in our domestic cricket. Stats dont lie and he is good in domestic cricket but domestic success does not guarantee success in international cricket.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes, Vinay Kumar is one of the best bowlers in our domestic cricket. Stats dont lie and he is good in domestic cricket but domestic success does not guarantee success in international cricket.

For making that judgement you considered other aspects of his bowling rite. That's only what I was trying to say. How do people say dhawal won't succeed in intl cricket. It's the same logic.

Edited by renjith
13 minutes ago, renjith said:

Vinay is definitely one of the best bowlers in Indian domestic cricket.   But he is bad at international level.  The reason is......

In domestic matches, most batsmen are not international class.  Accurate bowling, with some movement,  at 127 k is good enough to dismiss most of them. 

Problem is...in international cricket, batsmen do not make mistakes if a short bowler, without bounce, is bowling at 127 k.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vinay is definitely one of the best bowlers in Indian domestic cricket.   But he is bad at international level.  The reason is......

In domestic matches, most batsmen are not international class.  Accurate bowling, with some movement,  at 127 k is good enough to dismiss most of them. 

Problem is...in international cricket, batsmen do not make mistakes if a short bowler, without bounce, is bowling at 127 k.

The factors you mentioned is beyond stats rite?

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

A very important point that is missed by many.   Yadav has never been played a test in conditions best for pace bowling....and yet, he has the best SR among Indian pacers ever.

Mat                                  Wic                         Ave               SR

in Australia 2011-2015 7 12 236.3 29 1099 25 5/93 7/176 43.96 4.64 56.7 1 0 view innings
in Bangladesh 2015-2015 1 2 9.0 1 49 0 - - - 5.44 - 0 0 view innings
in India 2011-2015 7 14 171.3 33 549 23 4/80 7/103 23.86 3.20 44.7 0 0 view innings
in Sri Lanka 2015-2015 2 4 54.0 11 214 5 2/65 3/129 42.80 3.96 64.8 0 0 view innings
in West Indies 2016-2016 2 4 49.0 15 149 5 4/41 5/75 29.80 3.04 58.8 0 0

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling

Edited by express bowling
21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No.... I explained the reasons for good stats by Vinay Kumar in domestic cricket and bad stats for him in international cricket.

Vinay  Kumar does not have good stats in international cricket.

Are you saying that stats is the only criteria for judging a player? Following your posts you were the one who really wanted to look beyond stats when selecting plyers from domestic for A and senior teams.

Edited by renjith
50 minutes ago, renjith said:

For making that judgement you considered other aspects of his bowling rite. That's only what I was trying to say. How do people say dhawal won't succeed in intl cricket. It's the same logic.

Yes, those aspects. I dont see anything that current Pak or SL fast bowlers and Indian fast bowlers do not have, even skill wise. I do not see much of a difference.