Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

17 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Amit Kuila made a memorable debut with his sharp bowling, bagging three wickets for Bengal, but Punjab stayed in the race for the first innings lead as it reached 168 for four on the second day of their Ranji Trophy league match at the Luhnu ground here on Friday.

The 21-year-old Kuila, tall and wiry, worked up considerable pace on an helpful pitch. But floored catches, two of them in one over of Kuila, took the sting away from Bengal’s response after it had made 404.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/ranji-trophy-kuila-marks-arrival-with-three-strikes/article9251975.ece

Amit Kuila  has picked up  8 wickets ( 5 + 3 )  in his debut match  and has become the Player of the match.

Good to know that  he is quick  and tall.

Definitely one to keep an eye on then.

Certain teams have a tendency of promoting fast bowlers and Bengal, Rajasthan and Delhi are some such teams.   In the  '90s it was  Karnataka  doing this job  and in the '00s  it was  Baroda.

Edited by express bowling
14 hours ago, express bowling said:

Amit Kuila  has picked up  8 wickets ( 5 + 3 )  in his debut match  and has become the Player of the match.

Good to know that  he is quick  and tall.

Definitely one to keep an eye on then.

Certain teams have a tendency of promoting fast bowlers and Bengal, Rajasthan and Delhi are some such teams.   In the  '90s it was  Karnataka  doing this job  and in the '00s  it was  Baroda.

I don't think Delhi should be on that list....I heard a lot about left hand pace bowler (pwan suyal) but never was given consistent run....

They keep on recycling players of the past....

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I don't think Delhi should be on that list....I heard a lot about left hand pace bowler (pwan suyal) but never was given consistent run....

They keep on recycling players of the past....

Ishant, Sangwan, Saini and Awana.....all bowlers of good pace and / or bounce play regularly for Delhi.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ishant, Sangwan, Saini and Awana.....all bowlers of good pace and / or bounce play regularly for Delhi.

Ishant rarely plays owing to national duty, Awana is mediocre at best, Suyal is far better then these guys potential n performance wise if you see his stats, it's just Gambhir who wasted two three years of his career, before that he was leading g wkt taker for Delhi for three years n headed the domestic bowlers

Edited by MCcricket
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hooda has the potential  to be the No.6   big hitter/ spinner in ODIs too.

He is batting on 145* should make it a big one, also with krunal n hardik not in the team i hope he bowls a lot more

He doesnt bowl much now, he could be a really good LOI bolwer but needs to bowl more 

For how long is Aaron out. Not playing todays game also

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is batting on 145* should make it a big one, also with krunal n hardik not in the team i hope he bowls a lot more

He doesnt bowl much now, he could be a really good LOI bolwer but needs to bowl more 

For how long is Aaron out. Not playing todays game also

In Ranji....Krunal should get his chances too.

Edited by express bowling