Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I don't see Rahul coming back this early. I read somewhere that he is still trying to get fit. With a 5 match series, selectors will ask Kohli and coach to not rush him. England have done the same with Anderson who is feeling all right but not fully there and hence will join the squad after first 2 test or may be later.

Regarding GG, he failed in previous Ranji games he played after the last test . This was the only innings of substance from him.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Regarding GG, he failed in previous Ranji games he played after the last test . This was the only innings of substance from him.

Yes, I know. Delhi lost miserably. But with injured openers and Gambhir already having played in the last test match which we played, he will be the one who will get to play if others aren't available. I would play him.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Deepak Hoods is also captaining Baroda this season, still only 21 years old, is probably having his best Ranji season till now. Probably responsibility of captaining the team has done wonders for him.

Yes, I hope he continues to score runs. Let him captain and take the team to new success which Baroda team haven't seen in a while. I will not bring him anywhere around the Indian team for now, but we should keep an eye on him for sure.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kuilla has been getting quite a few bowled and LBWs .....wonder whether that is an indication of some extra pace  

13 wickets already in 3 and a half innings

He is just 21, might not be very quick at this stage, but i will take it even if he is able to bowl at 135 KPH as he is pretty tall and will only gain pace.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is just 21, might not be very quick at this stage, but i will take it even if he is able to bowl at 135 KPH as he is pretty tall and will only gain pace.

I will too.

Quite a few reports are saying that he is quite quick.  Don't know whether that is authentic reporting or  he gave that impression due to his height, bounce  and the  green pitch in his  first match.

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I will too.

Quite a few reports are saying that he is quite quick.  Don't know whether that is authentic reporting or  he gave that impression due to his height, bounce  and the  green pitch in his  first match.

It is really difficult to predict the actual pace without speed guns.  When you watch match in the ground, the angle you watch also affects how you perceive the pace a bowler is bowling at. At, some angles, you might even find Vinay Kumar quick and from other angle, you wont. I had experienced it when I was in Mysore. I went to watch a Ranji match between Karnatakta and Haryana. We used to walk through to office and the ground Gangtori Glades was in the way. It was in December 2006, for the first I was watching a ranji match live in the ground. Was watching Vinay Kumar and NC Aiyyppa for the first time. Aiyappa was the winner of scorpio spedster. Vinay Kumar looked pretty quick from the angle i watched that match but he turned out to be not so quick when he started playing under speed guns.

Ganguly loves good pace bowlers n has a good eye for talent, remember him talking about Shami long before he debuted, also heard good things about Kulia but we gotta wait n see, but if Ganguly is involved in his selection then he should be

Guys did you at ICF especially, RKT, Express, Vishal hear about a bowler from J&K called Surinder Singh Bagal, he was a left armer n has good Stats n remember Ganguly mentioning about his pace n for a short time he was called for India camp

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It is really difficult to predict the actual pace without speed guns.  When you watch match in the ground, the angle you watch also affects how you perceive the pace a bowler is bowling at. At, some angles, you might even find Vinay Kumar quick and from other angle, you wont. I had experienced it when I was in Mysore. I went to watch a Ranji match between Karnatakta and Haryana. We used to walk through to office and the ground Gangtori Glades was in the way. It was in December 2006, for the first I was watching a ranji match live in the ground. Was watching Vinay Kumar and NC Aiyyppa for the first time. Aiyappa was the winner of scorpio spedster. Vinay Kumar looked pretty quick from the angle i watched that match but he turned out to be not so quick when he started playing under speed guns.

You are right .  Bowling has to be observed from straight  in front of the batsman to get any idea of pace.

But, some things to look for without speed-guns are

-  How far the wicket-keeper is standing.

-  How are the deliveries reaching the keeper, after considering the height of the bowler and the bounce of the pitch. Comparisons with other bowlers of             known pace help.

- Whether the bowler is getting a lot of bowled and LBWs  when he is targeting the stumps.

- Ability to hit the batsman on the body on a flat pitch.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

You are right .  Bowling has to be observed from straight  in front of the batsman to get any idea of pace.

But, some things to look for without speed-guns are

-  How far the wicket-keeper is standing.

-  How are the deliveries reaching the keeper, after considering the height of the bowler and the bounce of the pitch. Comparisons with other bowlers of             known pace help.

- Whether the bowler is getting a lot of bowled and LBWs  when he is targeting the stumps.

- Ability to hit the batsman on the body on a flat pitch.

in that match, there was no one I could compare Vinay kumar too in terms of pace. Also, Gangtori glades pitches was known to be pacey and had good bounce. Ball was really carrying well.