Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bleed-Blue

Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No. He did not. He was in 2008 U19 WC winning team. He is 26 years old how could he play 2012 U19 WC in Australia.

 

Here is the 2008 U19 WC squad.

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/u19wc2008/content/squad/330884.html

Okie...he played U19....thats what i want to convey...someone on this forum mentioned that he didnt played a single U19 match

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Rishabh Pant 155 not out of 165 balls 21 4s and 6 6s

this guy has the x factor....he can be a very good ODI batmen / wicketkeeper.....

Only thing he has to improve is his fitness...he is obese

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Mosher said:

Why is Aniket not selected for A tours? He was not even selected for Duleep Trophy :facepalm:Another good performance from Pant.

Wish Star would telecast the matches like they did last season.

He is tall...

He has pace (140+)

He is a left arm pacer...

He is not swing bowler, he is seam bowler..

He bowls in a beautiful channel...

Has been consistently bowling well in domestics from atleast 2 seasons....

 

Not sure why is he not being considered.....he is 100% better than the unadkat

 

why vir pratap singh not bowling for bengal....

lately he got good praise from mcgrath

Share this post


Link to post

ANIKET as far as I have seen him bowls around 135 to 141 K but bowls a heavy ball and gets good bounce n now can seam , he is 6'4" atleast and has a good action now having worked on it n his run up he gained pace and became more effective two or three years back, working with Merrick Pringle.M Sayyid seems a good prospect as he took wkts whereas senior bowlers in Delhi couldn't get any even though they had fresh wkt to bowl on

Share this post


Link to post

Bengal has lost 4 wkts and all of them taken by kuldeep, currently 9 wkts in match also scored a 63 against a more than decent domestic attack of bengal

Currently avg 41 with bat in ranji, should be picked for Eng or Aus series, specially how aussies have struggled against chinamen recently

Irfan 5-4-24-0,means he was smashed for 24 runs in an over:giggle::giggle:

Hooda scores a 100

Ishan kishen 159

 

Pant Batting on 250* 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pant this season till now

2 innings in this Ranji Season
396 of 406 balls SR 97.53
48 fours and 16 sixes

 Amazing. Though these are very early days, he is showing that he has a hunger for scoring big daddy 100's in quick time. Hope he keeps performing like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mosher said:

 Amazing. Though these are very early days, he is showing that he has a hunger for scoring big daddy 100's in quick time. Hope he keeps performing like this.

True, enough for me to see in early part. Maturity comes with challenges. 

What i also liked about him IPL, was his attitude he wants to so much in the game always involved in field gives 100% , very hungry guy

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Okie...he played U19....thats what i want to convey...someone on this forum mentioned that he didnt played a single U19 match

this guy has the x factor....he can be a very good ODI batmen / wicketkeeper.....

Only thing he has to improve is his fitness...he is obese

Yes, he didn't play single u19 wc match, did play u19 matches before that.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mosher said:

300 up for Pant! :cheer:

 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pant scores a 300

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

 

This is exciting.

 

This guy is a superb stroke player and can be  ideal in LOIs.

 

Can be introduced in LOIs in the middle of 2017 after he finishes one full FC season.  

 

We need players like Pant, Sarfraz and Krunal for WC 2019.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Shubek Gill....the 6'4 " tall fast bowler, picks  2 + 1 = 3 wickets on debut.

 

Manpreet Gony ...the other 6'4" fast bowler from Punjab, gets 6 + 4 =10 wickets in the same match.

 

Shreyas Gopal has picked 3 wickets in the only innings he has bowled.

 

Samar Quadri has got 3 wickets so far in the 2nd innings.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Lots of youngsters are performing in this years Ranji a good sign for future.

 

The idea of neutal pitches are showing results

Lots of youngsters are performing in this years Ranji a good sign for future.

 

The idea of neutal pitches are showing results

Lots of youngsters are performing in this years Ranji a good sign for future.

 

The idea of neutal pitches are showing results

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Lord said:

AFAIK Pant is an opener and there is no vacancy there

 

I am more excited about Sarfaraz.Kid looks ready already and can be the finisher we need in 2019.

As far as I remember, Pant batted in the  middle order in the IPL and looked comfortable.   WC  19  is 3 years away, he should be ready for internationals by then and can fit in as a finisher too, given his ability to start hitting from the word go.

 

Sarfraz is obviously another good option but he too is not ready yet. Also, needs to get fitter and improve his fielding.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As far as I remember, Pant batted in the  middle order in the IPL and looked comfortable.   WC  19  is 3 years away, he should be ready for internationals by then and can fit in as a finisher too, given his ability to start hitting from the word go.

 

Sarfraz is obviously another good option but he too is not ready yet. Also, needs to get fitter and improve his fielding.

Seen some recent pictures on Instagram of Sarfraz and he looks to have trimmed down a bit

Sarfraz style of batting can completely disturb the field of any opposition and him batting with dhoni n Pandya could make this order really dangerous.

 

Pant can also bat lower down order, he is batting in middle order for delhi. He can also be a good addition

Deepak hooda n Krunal will also give them competition as they both provide some bowling to and can hit the ball hard.

 

Its good we have 3 yrs and these guys will have Ipl, A-tour, domestic cricket to improve their game and fitness. All they need to do is Add to skill with improvement in fielding,running and some overs. It all would depend on how much one offer to the team. Raina is an example despite not being and improved batsman he still has survived due to number of things he bring to the team.

 

Its not diff for Pant to even become an opener if he keeps giving his best. India needs an opener who could use powerplay well- dhawan has been slow, rahane hasnt done much and rahul can be fitted in middle so their can be a opp for Pant

Apart from kohli, rohit, dhoni, ashwin, shami, i dnt think people have  a permanent spot. Rahul,bumrahn pandey are new so they ll also have their challenges

 

Indian cricket looks to be in good space with cricketers having x-factor coming up. Ultimately all depends who earns the spot. Always maintained they should earn their places rather been given to them easily on few perfomances. 

 

Both Pant n Sarfraz have good attitude of being in the game always n taking up the challenge . 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Seen some recent pictures on Instagram of Sarfraz and he looks to have trimmed down a bit

Sarfraz style of batting can completely disturb the field of any opposition and him batting with dhoni n Pandya could make this order really dangerous.

 

Pant can also bat lower down order, he is batting in middle order for delhi. He can also be a good addition

Deepak hooda n Krunal will also give them competition as they both provide some bowling to and can hit the ball hard.

 

Its good we have 3 yrs and these guys will have Ipl, A-tour, domestic cricket to improve their game and fitness. All they need to do is Add to skill with improvement in fielding,running and some overs. It all would depend on how much one offer to the team. Raina is an example despite not being and improved batsman he still has survived due to number of things he bring to the team.

 

Its not diff for Pant to even become an opener if he keeps giving his best. India needs an opener who could use powerplay well- dhawan has been slow, rahane hasnt done much and rahul can be fitted in middle so their can be a opp for Pant

Apart from kohli, rohit, dhoni, ashwin, shami, i dnt think people have  a permanent spot. Rahul,bumrahn pandey are new so they ll also have their challenges

 

Indian cricket looks to be in good space with cricketers having x-factor coming up. Ultimately all depends who earns the spot. Always maintained they should earn their places rather been given to them easily on few perfomances. 

 

Both Pant n Sarfraz have good attitude of being in the game always n taking up the challenge . 

 

 

It is important to identify the potential finishers we want ready for WC 19.  It would be better if they can bowl/ keep in addition to being a batsman.

 

Hardik,  Pant,  Sarfraz and  Krunal are the best candidates IMO as of now.  Obviously, some new names will crop up too.  We need to send them on A tours for the One Day games and  allow them to develop.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is important to identify the potential finishers we want ready for WC 19.  It would be better if they can bowl/ keep in addition to being a batsman.

 

Hardik,  Pant,  Sarfraz and  Krunal are the best candidates IMO as of now.  Obviously, some new names will crop up too.  We need to send them on A tours for the One Day games and  allow them to develop.

Hardik has made it National team so his schooling is going to happen there and soon m sure he ll picked for test team as well. It ll only improve him a cricketer. 

 As far as pant, Sarfraz and krunal they shpuld keep putting perfomances that would make it difficult for anybody to ignore them . Pant right now is doing that well and Hooda to has been doing well. A good domestic season followed by a good ipl almost gets u place in India A. I have seen Sarfraz bowl some leggie in some u-19 game i hope he bowls few overs every game .

Share this post


Link to post

Wickets List  so far  of some India probables in this Ranji season

 

Name      Wickets /  Innings  ( wickets per innings )

 

Chahal        12 /  4  (  3.00 )

Kuldeep      11 /  3  (  3.66 )

Dhawal       10 /  2   ( 5.00 )

Pankaj        10 /  3  ( 3.33 )

Aniket         8 /  3   ( 2.66 )

Aaron         7 /  3   ( 2.33 )

Rajpoot      7  /  3  ( 2.33 )

Karn          7 /  4   ( 1.75 )

Sangwan    5  /  2   ( 2.50 )

Nathu        4  /  2   ( 2.00 )

Gopal        3  /  1   ( 3.00 )

Unadkat     5 /  4  ( 1.25 )

Shardul      2 /  2   ( 1.00 )

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Wickets List  so far  of some India probables in this Ranji season

 

Name      Wickets /  Innings

 

Chahal        12 /  4 

Kuldeep      11 /  3

Dhawal       10 /  2

Pankaj        10 /  3

Aniket         8 /  3

Aaron         7 /  3

Rajpoot      7  /  3

Karn          7 /  4

Sangwan    5  /  2

Nathu        4  /  2

Gopal        3  /  1

Unadkat     5 /  4

Shardul      2 /  2

 

 

Good to see Chahal and Kuldeep right up there! Both should be got into the squad after this Ranji season.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Good to see Chahal and Kuldeep right up there! Both should be got into the squad after this Ranji season.

 

Yes.

 

Wickets per innings gives us a better idea than just wickets  and  apart from the 2 you mentioned  Aniket, Aaron, Rajpoot, Nathu, Gopal  and Sangwan all  have 2 or more  wickets per innings, which is  very good.

 

Pankaj and Dhawal have been excellent so far.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Yes.

 

Wickets per innings gives us a better idea than just wickets  and  apart from the 2 you mentioned  Aniket, Aaron, Rajpoot, Nathu, Gopal  and Sangwan all  have 3 to 2 wickets per innings, which is  very good.

Don't see Sangwan being an International quality bowler and Nathu still needs one more Ranji season after this. The others all have good chance if they do well. Don't know why Aniket has been out of selectors radar though!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

Don't see Sangwan being an International quality bowler and Nathu still needs one more Ranji season after this. The others all have good chance if they do well. Don't know why Aniket has been out of selectors radar though!

Nathu maybe ready after this season, provided he has a stint with  India A.

 

Sangwan has been very impressive in the recent past.  Bowling in good areas at 135 k to 141 k.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Yes.

 

Wickets per innings gives us a better idea than just wickets  and  apart from the 2 you mentioned  Aniket, Aaron, Rajpoot, Nathu, Gopal  and Sangwan all  have 2 or more  wickets per innings, which is  very good.

 

Pankaj and Dhawal have been excellent so far.

Dhawal's match was at Lahli, so, those wickets.

3 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Don't see Sangwan being an International quality bowler and Nathu still needs one more Ranji season after this. The others all have good chance if they do well. Don't know why Aniket has been out of selectors radar though!

Sangwan has really improved a lot in terms of pace and accuracy both.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Wickets List  so far  of some India probables in this Ranji season

 

Name      Wickets /  Innings  ( wickets per innings )

 

Chahal        12 /  4  (  3.00 )

Kuldeep      11 /  3  (  3.66 )

Dhawal       10 /  2   ( 5.00 )

Pankaj        10 /  3  ( 3.33 )

Aniket         8 /  3   ( 2.66 )

Aaron         7 /  3   ( 2.33 )

Rajpoot      7  /  3  ( 2.33 )

Karn          7 /  4   ( 1.75 )

Sangwan    5  /  2   ( 2.50 )

Nathu        4  /  2   ( 2.00 )

Gopal        3  /  1   ( 3.00 )

Unadkat     5 /  4  ( 1.25 )

Shardul      2 /  2   ( 1.00 )

 

 

Thanks for the updated list :nice: 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×