Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Merlyn

ICC trying to cut the hand that is feeding them: BCCI

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

 

 

Many others especially some whining poms where wanting to get one up on BCCI taking the advantage of a spineless man like Manohar got the change now but don't know what will happen if BCCI revolts. And then everybody keep crying BCCI is killing cricket. If not for BCCI cricket would have never reached the level it is now.

Manohar has been a very ineffective and dare I say idiotic in his work thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mishra said:

It is all result of inexperience and honest management. After a certain level, dishonesty is only policy as everyone in the league is either a fox or a wolf.

I demand from BCCI to appoint Srini Mama as independent Consultant immediately

Like it or not, he is a superman. The current ICC President is inept and not good enough. If I were him, I would have stepped down.

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/6/2016 at 11:30 PM, Pakistan said:

It is cricket and cricket players who generate the money. Austalia produces the best cricket players as proven by the fact that they have won the most world cups and most successful in test cricket. They even have more world cup wins than all South Asia countries world cup wins combined. Let's give all the money to Australia using your logic of BCCI should get more money just because they have biggest audience and third rate team.

revenue is generated in India, India will have similar share. On evidence in display, the only third rate is you  here.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/7/2016 at 5:25 PM, mishra said:

It is all result of inexperience and honest management. After a certain level, dishonesty is only policy as everyone in the league is either a fox or a wolf.

I demand from BCCI to appoint Srini Mama as independent Consultant immediately

Dude what part of 135 mil for a tourny that cost 35 mil few years back is honest management ? I would say its ineptitude. I dont think negotiating a fair share is dishonest its market dynamics, capitalism. India is a big revenue market since it has 40-50 cities with stadiums that need to be promoted and several regions developed. India has 25 odd sub-nationalities its a continent in terms of demographics, at times in our penchant to make friends and be good 'nice' folks several Indian people do not set firang counterparts right. Its a particular skill amoung Indian executives to be able to negotiate with firangs, Shashank is lacking in this respect. Understood he is ICC president but he was nominated by BCCI.

Share this post


Link to post

ICC should be independent, they should do everything to improve cricket. They shouldn't feel threatened by what BCCI or anybody else says as long as they are making decisions independently without any hidden agenda or deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

ICC should be independent, they should do everything to improve cricket. They shouldn't feel threatened by what BCCI or anybody else says as long as they are making decisions independently without any hidden agenda or deals. 

ICC has zero money. The majority of money is from Indian cricket sponsors and Indian public watching cricket. BCCI is pointing out the obvious mistake on ICC on allocating more money. The money should be used for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

ICC should be independent, they should do everything to improve cricket. They shouldn't feel threatened by what BCCI or anybody else says as long as they are making decisions independently without any hidden agenda or deals. 

Yeah, watch a CT without India and you will know how big a flop it will be. I know BD fans must be thinking that it will be their chance to have some cameras and their team.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, gattaca said:

ICC has zero money. The majority of money is from Indian cricket sponsors and Indian public watching cricket. BCCI is pointing out the obvious mistake on ICC on allocating more money. The money should be used for something else.

The moment one country bullies ICC just because they are generating majority of the revenue shows ICC has fundamental flaws. ICC if they were independent wouldn't need to feel threatened or feel forced to accept BCCI's demand. Not only BCCI, any country irrespective of what they contribute. Take the FIFA business model- no country can force them just because they contribute x amount of revenue. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

The moment one country bullies ICC just because they are generating majority of the revenue shows ICC has fundamental flaws. ICC if they were independent wouldn't need to feel threatened or feel forced to accept BCCI's demand. Not only BCCI, any country irrespective of what they contribute. Take the FIFA business model- no country can force them just because they contribute x amount of revenue. 

Nobody is stopping ICC or other countries to generate the revenue....

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, TheWall said:

Nobody is stopping ICC or other countries to generate the revenue....

My personal opinion is that ICC have failed to improve countries and help them generate good revenue. Now you have India generating most money for them. Ofcourse India will bully ICC, and they have the right to do so. ICC has dug their own grave. BCCI is the most powerful board in the world, and if they wanted they can cause ICC huge financial damage, and that's becuase of ICC poor management and failure in its business model. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

My personal opinion is that ICC have failed to improve countries and help them generate good revenue. Now you have India generating most money for them. Ofcourse India will bully ICC, and they have the right to do so. ICC has dug their own grave. BCCI is the most powerful board in the world, and if they wanted they can cause ICC huge financial damage, and that's becuase of ICC poor management and failure in its business model. 

Revenue comes through fan's interest to watch the game and sponsors pitching in. No cricketing nation today can surpass India's might in these areas, like it or not.

 

As they say, money talks after all like nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

My personal opinion is that ICC have failed to improve countries and help them generate good revenue. Now you have India generating most money for them. Ofcourse India will bully ICC, and they have the right to do so. ICC has dug their own grave. BCCI is the most powerful board in the world, and if they wanted they can cause ICC huge financial damage, and that's becuase of ICC poor management and failure in its business model. 

What is the GDP of India in comparision to the other countries playing cricket except England?

Share this post


Link to post

And it escalates........

ICC chairman Shashank Manohar working against Indian cricket: Anurag Thakur

 

Quote

 

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Thakur claims when BCCI wanted to seek Manohar's help, he wasn't ready to come forward
  • The BCCI president also said the ICC Chairman is working against the interest of Indian cricket
  • Thakur also took a dig at Manohar for his views on Test cricke

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, radhika said:

And it escalates........

ICC chairman Shashank Manohar working against Indian cricket: Anurag Thakur

 

 

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Thakur claims when BCCI wanted to seek Manohar's help, he wasn't ready to come forward
  • The BCCI president also said the ICC Chairman is working against the interest of Indian cricket
  • Thakur also took a dig at Manohar for his views on Test cricke

 

Always on the cards. This is all set to be a showdown between once upon a time friends, not too long ago. All Indian cricket fans I am sure are with BCCI.

Edited by Adi_91

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Viper said:

Last days of monohar mama i can see... 

 

Raise your hands if you are missing srini mama at this stage.

Srini despite being corrupt was a strong figure within the BCCI. I remember the meeting the BCCI had after the IPL to remove him. He just let them shout and dissolved the meeting. What a man!

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Srini despite being corrupt was a strong figure within the BCCI. I remember the meeting the BCCI had after the IPL to remove him. He just let them shout and dissolved the meeting. What a man!

4b0388c8832c029761a98b78b3230338.png

 

Look at him. That smile gets all the women :aha:

 

What a man:yahoo: he knows how to shut some people. That's the only good part 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Viper said:

4b0388c8832c029761a98b78b3230338.png

 

Look at him. That smile gets all the women :aha:

 

What a man:yahoo: he knows how to shut some people. That's the only good part 

Now this Manohar is daring BCCI to do whatever they want. I guess, its time to pull out of CT. Enough is enough.

Share this post


Link to post

ICC can only succeed in working against BCCI if the BCCI leadership is substandard.

 

Given the financial foundation India provides to the game, a sufficiently capable BCCI head should not have trouble in getting his way with the ICC.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Now this Manohar is daring BCCI to do whatever they want. I guess, its time to pull out of CT. Enough is enough.

:hysterical: I doubt clowns at ICC can afford that. Who the hell will even watch that most of them are IND fans at CT2013

 

I am planning to go for 2-3 matches for  CT2017:doh: Hope them clowns at ICC doesn't spoil my party 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kosingh said:

ICC can only succeed in working against BCCI if the BCCI leadership is substandard.

 

Given the financial foundation India provides to the game, a sufficiently capable BCCI head should not have trouble in getting his way with the ICC.

I don't know from where Manohar is having the confidence that he can dare the BCCI. I hope BCCI has its way and gets this man unseated first. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Viper said:

:hysterical: I doubt clowns at ICC can afford that. Who the hell will even watch that most of them are IND fans at CT2013

 

I am planning to go for 2-3 matches for  CT2017:doh: Hope them clowns at ICC doesn't spoil my party 

Will be a major disaster without India. SS will incur huge losses as well. 

 

I tell you, wait and don't book tickets too soon. 

Share this post


Link to post

Here is a guy (Manohar) who is trying his best to disassociate himself from BCCI and be an Independent chairman. But yet again it's BCCI lol. why can't BCCI make and support the game to be clean without greed? Not many Indian Adminstrators have a good name around the world. Heart  of corruption perhaps? It's time ICC resist this threats, if needed play the game without India and take on the short term losses! Try to improve other countries- English T20 premiere league is coming and if that becomes a hit foreingers will prefer to play in England leaving IPL devalued! They should find other ways of making money being independent. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Share this post


Link to post

Any way to recall or impeach Manohar as ICC president? He was an Indian nominee, must be some provision to replace him. Manohar has always been a brown-nosing, glory hunting snake and he is taking it to another level by aligning with the England and Australian cricket boards when Indian board is weak domestically.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Here is a guy (Manohar) who is trying his best to disassociate himself from BCCI and be an Independent chairman. But yet again it's BCCI lol. why can't BCCI make and support the game to be clean without greed? Not many Indian Adminstrators have a good name around the world. Heart  of corruption perhaps? It's time ICC resist this threats, if needed play the game without India and take on the short term losses! Try to improve other countries- English T20 premiere league is coming and if that becomes a hit foreingers will prefer to play in England leaving IPL devalued! They should find other ways of making money being independent. 

Even if you try to speak fairly, you can't. How many times we have told you why we believe that BCCI's stance is correct in this case. You seem to be fixed on your view about BCCI and not ready to look at our point of view. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Here is a guy (Manohar) who is trying his best to disassociate himself from BCCI and be an Independent chairman. But yet again it's BCCI lol. why can't BCCI make and support the game to be clean without greed? Not many Indian Adminstrators have a good name around the world. Heart  of corruption perhaps? It's time ICC resist this threats, if needed play the game without India and take on the short term losses! Try to improve other countries- English T20 premiere league is coming and if that becomes a hit foreingers will prefer to play in England leaving IPL devalued! They should find other ways of making money being independent. 

1.Manohar used the BCCI's position to amend the ICC constitution to establish the post of independent chairman and then used th BCCI to get votes to get elected.LOL at he being some kind of clean man.He is as power hungry as it gets.

 

2.The greatest ICC chief ever was an Indian,JagMohan Dalmiya.

 

3.LOL at play the game without India.They wont be able to pay to run the game.I know people from certain countries hate India,but that wont make the country that puts food on the plate of cricketers go away.

 

4.IPL will always offer more money than any other cricket playing country will.BCCI can do a PAcker or ICL at 10 times larger scale.

 

5.Suggest ways for that independence by taking away the biggest cricketing market.Except India AUS and UK rest economies of cricket are very small and India has the biggest following.

 

6.Please ask your country's board to not play with India.Lets see the financial impact and how they survive it.

 

7.India isnt asking for anything it doesnt deserve.India is the biggest money maker for ICC and hence deserve their place in the ICC finance committee.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

1.Manohar used the BCCI's position to amend the ICC constitution to establish the post of independent chairman and then used th BCCI to get votes to get elected.LOL at he being some kind of clean man.He is as power hungry as it gets.

 

2.The greatest ICC chief ever was an Indian,JagMohan Dalmiya.

 

3.LOL at play the game without India.They wont be able to pay to run the game.I know people from certain countries hate India,but that wont make the country that puts food on the plate of cricketers go away.

 

4.IPL will always offer more money than any other cricket playing country will.BCCI can do a PAcker or ICL at 10 times larger scale.

 

5.Suggest ways for that independence by taking away the biggest cricketing market.Except India AUS and UK rest economies of cricket are very small and India has the biggest following.

 

6.Please ask your country's board to not play with India.Lets see the financial impact and how they survive it.

 

7.India isnt asking for anything it doesnt deserve.India is the biggest money maker for ICC and hence deserve their place in the ICC finance committee.

This guy is just as biased as the other padosis. Even today, Anurag Thakur said that they support the poorer boards like that of Bangladesh, SL and Zim, still this guy feels that BCCI is evil and spoils their side. Pure crap.

 

All they can do, is to show some disrespectful photos hopping for our players. 

Share this post


Link to post

 "Today I'm unconnected with any particular member of the ICC," he said. "I'm the independent ICC chairman, so I have to look at the best interests of the ICC. It's for the BCCI representative to look after the best interests of the BCCI."

 

When asked if the BCCI's views did not deserve special attention at the ICC level given it is the biggest contributor to world cricket financially, Manohar said: "I don't agree with this. Then, why the same logic shouldn't apply to the BCCI? There are 30 state associations [in India], why shouldn't somebody have a veto power? For example, Mumbai generates the highest revenue but does that mean that they should have a veto power on the BCCI decisions? Institutions function in a democratic manner and decisions are taken by the majority."

 

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness. From some of the post above, I get the vibe that you guy's aren't happy with the independence thing, rather it should be an Indian running the show, without being independent and mostly looking after the interest of india.. goodness.. me..

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness.

We are upset because we know him for the snake he is. We know how capable he is of going against our interest.If he was not being biased ,he would not be part of the selective  loot that BCCi is protesting against.He is biased.......against Indian interest.

Share this post


Link to post

 "Today I'm unconnected with any particular member of the ICC," he said. "I'm the independent ICC chairman, so I have to look at the best interests of the ICC. It's for the BCCI representative to look after the best interests of the BCCI."

 

When asked if the BCCI's views did not deserve special attention at the ICC level given it is the biggest contributor to world cricket financially, Manohar said: "I don't agree with this. Then, why the same logic shouldn't apply to the BCCI? There are 30 state associations [in India], why shouldn't somebody have a veto power? For example, Mumbai generates the highest revenue but does that mean that they should have a veto power on the BCCI decisions? Institutions function in a democratic manner and decisions are taken by the majority."

 

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness. From some of the post above, I get the vibe that you guy's aren't happy with the independence thing, rather it should be an Indian running the show, without being independent and mostly looking after the interest of india.. goodness.. me..

Just answer me this.

The budget for the CT to be held in England is allotted by the Financial committee headed by former ECB president Giles Clarke .

Is this Conflict of interest or not ?

Which other sports allows this ?

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, beautifulgame said:

Just answer me this.

The budget for the CT to be held in England is allotted by the Financial committee headed by former ECB president Giles Clarke .

Is this Conflict or interest or not ?

Which other sports allows this ?

@Shamim Miah, so this is acceptable and very FAIR right?

 

I am sure you won't complain even if the receiving board in this case was Bangladesh. Right? 

Edited by Adi_91

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, beautifulgame said:

Just answer me this.

The budget for the CT to be held in England is allotted by the Financial committee headed by former ECB president Giles Clarke .

Is this Conflict or interest or not ?

Which other sports allows this ?

Of course it is. I did mention ICC is fundamentally flawed.

People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

 

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and step by step they need to reform and become a independent board.

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Of course it is. I did mention ICC is fundamentally flawed.

People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

 

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and set by set they need to reform and become a independent board.

If you agree that it is conflict of interest, what is wrong if Indian fans protest against BCCI being given a small amount?

Share this post


Link to post

Of course it is. I did mention ICC is fundamentally flawed.

People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

 

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and set by set they need to reform and become a independent board.

So why isn't Manohar rising voice against that if it about prioritizing the rights of ICC?

If it is conflict of interest can u list what steps ICC president taken to stop this blatant corruption ?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

If you agree that it is conflict of interest, what is wrong if Indian fans protest against BCCI being given a small amount?

Because here Manohar is trying to do something no one has tried before. He is the first Independent Chairman and hasn't been in that position for long time. He needs time and support. Not BCCI barking at him for not listening to them or following their orders like Srini used to do, srini was working more for the Indian interest than ICC interest in protecting and globalising cricket. Give him time and soon he will get to the route of this complex and technical issue. There are so many things with ICC that I personally don't agree with and needs fundamental change. Here you have a guy who has taken those initially small steps in doing something good.

 

Indian fans have the right to have an opinion, but when a guy is trying to do something good, and when his not listening to the indian way, his being labelled as against BCCI etc?? just because he doesn't fall for the threat BCCI makes of pulling out? doing this and that? just because you contribute more than others you have the legal right to force your decision on ICC??? and disregard the other countries? all other countries should follow how and what BCCI wants? This could have been avoided by ICC. ICC is in a total mess and when things become more Independent, than this kind of threats from any countries won't be exercised. Probably ICC needs an investigation like FIFA, to clean everything.

 

I just feel sooner or later Manohar will/might be taken over by BCCI soon, I hope I am wrong.

 

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Because here Manohar is trying to do something no one has tried before. He is the first Independent Chairman and hasn't been in that position for long time. He needs time and support. Not BCCI barking at him for not listening to them or following their orders like Srini used to do, srini was working more for the Indian interest than ICC interest in protecting and globalising cricket. Give him time and soon he will get to the route of this complex and technical issue. There are so many things with ICC that I personally don't agree with and needs fundamental change. Here you have a guy who has taken those initially small steps in doing something good.

He is a cheat himself. All these BCCI clowns came shouting after the ouster of N Srinivasan. He is no big saint. The only capable mass leader from BCCI to ICC was the late Jagmohan Dalmiya who brought cricket to your country, financed more money to Bangladesh cricket. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Because here Manohar is trying to do something no one has tried before. He is the first Independent Chairman and hasn't been in that position for long time. He needs time and support. Not BCCI barking at him for not listening to them or following their orders like Srini used to do, srini was working more for the Indian interest than ICC interest in protecting and globalising cricket. Give him time and soon he will get to the route of this complex and technical issue. There are so many things with ICC that I personally don't agree with and needs fundamental change. Here you have a guy who has taken those initially small steps in doing something good.

And just because he dissolved the idea of 'Big 3', he is suddenly a saint for you guys? I bet cricket in your country will not improve just by BCCI being cut money. In fact, you should listen to BCCI President, Anurag Thakur speaking about how they have ensured the welfare of the game in your country.

Share this post


Link to post
People like Srini being appointed as ICC chairman is enough to know how well run ICC has been run.

 

If you go by the logic, than you would find many corrupted, self interest related accusation etc when srini was chairman.

You would see what sort of appointments was made and also question like how you are questioning now.

ICC needs a overall change and step by step they need to reform and become a independent board.

It doesn't what happened when Srini was president He has been removed and BCCI is being reformed .

But who is reforming ICC?

BCCI for once is pointing out the blatant corruption happening in ICC and all the ICC president is trying is to play the victim card and saying his priority is ICC instead of addressing it .

How exactly does this make Manohar view fair ?

BCCI job is ensuring the Indian interests are secured .It doesn't matter if they assert themost to ensure they get what we feel is correct .

But how does that stop the ICC president from addressing this blatant corruption.All he is doing is diverting the issue by blaming BCCI instead of addressing the allegations of corruption and conflict of interest if his real priority is ICC ?

And more importantly what has actually BCB contributed to ICC .Have they even raised any of these issues ever ?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

And just because he dissolved the idea of 'Big 3', he is suddenly a saint for you guys? I bet cricket in your country will not improve just by BCCI being cut money. In fact, you should listen to BCCI President, Anurag Thakur speaking about how they have ensured the welfare of the game in your country.

It is not about my country or your country. I just want a clean ICC board that looks after cricket.

Not personal interest of certain countries, just because they come from there or have close relations, or feel forced.

We need ICC to be clean and free from this kind of threats. It will take time, not sure if that would be possible.

Unless we have a FIFA like mass investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

It is not about my country or your country. I just want a clean ICC board that looks after cricket.

Not personal interest of certain countries, just because they come from there or have close relations, or feel forced.

We need ICC to be clean and free from this kind of threats. It will take time, not sure if that would be possible.

Unless we have a FIFA like mass investigation.

And Manohar isn't the right guy to do all that you want,

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×