ICC trying to cut the hand that is feeding them: BCCI

Now, a CT pullout threat.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/indian-cricket-board-fight-icc-bcci-champions-trophy-pullout-3017232/

I know this is symbolic, but looks like Manohar is in trouble. 

Symbolic?If BCCI withdraws then CT revenues are dead.

ICC was in the hope that since BCCI is in trouble with SC they can take advantage of the situation and do whatever they wish.ICC and the idiot Manohar will be shown their places.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

ICC was in the hope that since BCCI is in trouble with SC they can take advantage of the situation and do whatever they wish.ICC and the idiot Manohar will be shown their places.

The language used is also very serious by Ajay Shirke. Looks like this is a real threat. 

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I still feel that everything will be fine soon. ICC can't afford to anger BCCI and get away with it. 

I still feel that everything will be fine soon. ICC can't afford to anger BCCI and get away with it. 

Many others especially some whining poms where wanting to get one up on BCCI taking the advantage of a spineless man like Manohar got the change now but don't know what will happen if BCCI revolts. And then everybody keep crying BCCI is killing cricket. If not for BCCI cricket would have never reached the level it is now.

11 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Many others especially some whining poms where wanting to get one up on BCCI taking the advantage of a spineless man like Manohar got the change now but don't know what will happen if BCCI revolts. And then everybody keep crying BCCI is killing cricket. If not for BCCI cricket would have never reached the level it is now.

Manohar has been a very ineffective and dare I say idiotic in his work thus far.

6 hours ago, mishra said:

It is all result of inexperience and honest management. After a certain level, dishonesty is only policy as everyone in the league is either a fox or a wolf.

I demand from BCCI to appoint Srini Mama as independent Consultant immediately

Like it or not, he is a superman. The current ICC President is inept and not good enough. If I were him, I would have stepped down.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:30 PM, Pakistan said:

It is cricket and cricket players who generate the money. Austalia produces the best cricket players as proven by the fact that they have won the most world cups and most successful in test cricket. They even have more world cup wins than all South Asia countries world cup wins combined. Let's give all the money to Australia using your logic of BCCI should get more money just because they have biggest audience and third rate team.

revenue is generated in India, India will have similar share. On evidence in display, the only third rate is you  here.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:25 PM, mishra said:

It is all result of inexperience and honest management. After a certain level, dishonesty is only policy as everyone in the league is either a fox or a wolf.

I demand from BCCI to appoint Srini Mama as independent Consultant immediately

Dude what part of 135 mil for a tourny that cost 35 mil few years back is honest management ? I would say its ineptitude. I dont think negotiating a fair share is dishonest its market dynamics, capitalism. India is a big revenue market since it has 40-50 cities with stadiums that need to be promoted and several regions developed. India has 25 odd sub-nationalities its a continent in terms of demographics, at times in our penchant to make friends and be good 'nice' folks several Indian people do not set firang counterparts right. Its a particular skill amoung Indian executives to be able to negotiate with firangs, Shashank is lacking in this respect. Understood he is ICC president but he was nominated by BCCI.

1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

ICC should be independent, they should do everything to improve cricket. They shouldn't feel threatened by what BCCI or anybody else says as long as they are making decisions independently without any hidden agenda or deals. 

ICC has zero money. The majority of money is from Indian cricket sponsors and Indian public watching cricket. BCCI is pointing out the obvious mistake on ICC on allocating more money. The money should be used for something else.

11 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

ICC should be independent, they should do everything to improve cricket. They shouldn't feel threatened by what BCCI or anybody else says as long as they are making decisions independently without any hidden agenda or deals. 

Yeah, watch a CT without India and you will know how big a flop it will be. I know BD fans must be thinking that it will be their chance to have some cameras and their team.

17 hours ago, gattaca said:

ICC has zero money. The majority of money is from Indian cricket sponsors and Indian public watching cricket. BCCI is pointing out the obvious mistake on ICC on allocating more money. The money should be used for something else.

The moment one country bullies ICC just because they are generating majority of the revenue shows ICC has fundamental flaws. ICC if they were independent wouldn't need to feel threatened or feel forced to accept BCCI's demand. Not only BCCI, any country irrespective of what they contribute. Take the FIFA business model- no country can force them just because they contribute x amount of revenue.