ICC trying to cut the hand that is feeding them: BCCI

1 hour ago, Shamim.Miah said:

The moment one country bullies ICC just because they are generating majority of the revenue shows ICC has fundamental flaws. ICC if they were independent wouldn't need to feel threatened or feel forced to accept BCCI's demand. Not only BCCI, any country irrespective of what they contribute. Take the FIFA business model- no country can force them just because they contribute x amount of revenue. 

Nobody is stopping ICC or other countries to generate the revenue....

25 minutes ago, TheWall said:

Nobody is stopping ICC or other countries to generate the revenue....

My personal opinion is that ICC have failed to improve countries and help them generate good revenue. Now you have India generating most money for them. Ofcourse India will bully ICC, and they have the right to do so. ICC has dug their own grave. BCCI is the most powerful board in the world, and if they wanted they can cause ICC huge financial damage, and that's becuase of ICC poor management and failure in its business model. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah
2 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

My personal opinion is that ICC have failed to improve countries and help them generate good revenue. Now you have India generating most money for them. Ofcourse India will bully ICC, and they have the right to do so. ICC has dug their own grave. BCCI is the most powerful board in the world, and if they wanted they can cause ICC huge financial damage, and that's becuase of ICC poor management and failure in its business model. 

Revenue comes through fan's interest to watch the game and sponsors pitching in. No cricketing nation today can surpass India's might in these areas, like it or not.

As they say, money talks after all like nothing else.

3 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

What is the GDP of India in comparision to the other countries playing cricket except England?

And it escalates........

ICC chairman Shashank Manohar working against Indian cricket: Anurag Thakur

HIGHLIGHTS

• Thakur claims when BCCI wanted to seek Manohar's help, he wasn't ready to come forward
  • The BCCI president also said the ICC Chairman is working against the interest of Indian cricket
  • Thakur also took a dig at Manohar for his views on Test cricke

4 minutes ago, radhika said:

And it escalates........

ICC chairman Shashank Manohar working against Indian cricket: Anurag Thakur

HIGHLIGHTS

• Thakur claims when BCCI wanted to seek Manohar's help, he wasn't ready to come forward
  • The BCCI president also said the ICC Chairman is working against the interest of Indian cricket
  • Thakur also took a dig at Manohar for his views on Test cricke

Always on the cards. This is all set to be a showdown between once upon a time friends, not too long ago. All Indian cricket fans I am sure are with BCCI.

Edited by Adi_91
2 hours ago, Viper said:

Last days of monohar mama i can see... 

Raise your hands if you are missing srini mama at this stage.

Srini despite being corrupt was a strong figure within the BCCI. I remember the meeting the BCCI had after the IPL to remove him. He just let them shout and dissolved the meeting. What a man!

1 minute ago, kosingh said:

ICC can only succeed in working against BCCI if the BCCI leadership is substandard.

Given the financial foundation India provides to the game, a sufficiently capable BCCI head should not have trouble in getting his way with the ICC.

I don't know from where Manohar is having the confidence that he can dare the BCCI. I hope BCCI has its way and gets this man unseated first. 

1 minute ago, Viper said:

:hysterical: I doubt clowns at ICC can afford that. Who the hell will even watch that most of them are IND fans at CT2013

I am planning to go for 2-3 matches for  CT2017:doh: Hope them clowns at ICC doesn't spoil my party 

Will be a major disaster without India. SS will incur huge losses as well. 

I tell you, wait and don't book tickets too soon. 

Here is a guy (Manohar) who is trying his best to disassociate himself from BCCI and be an Independent chairman. But yet again it's BCCI lol. why can't BCCI make and support the game to be clean without greed? Not many Indian Adminstrators have a good name around the world. Heart  of corruption perhaps? It's time ICC resist this threats, if needed play the game without India and take on the short term losses! Try to improve other countries- English T20 premiere league is coming and if that becomes a hit foreingers will prefer to play in England leaving IPL devalued! They should find other ways of making money being independent. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah

Here is a guy (Manohar) who is trying his best to disassociate himself from BCCI and be an Independent chairman. But yet again it's BCCI lol. why can't BCCI make and support the game to be clean without greed? Not many Indian Adminstrators have a good name around the world. Heart  of corruption perhaps? It's time ICC resist this threats, if needed play the game without India and take on the short term losses! Try to improve other countries- English T20 premiere league is coming and if that becomes a hit foreingers will prefer to play in England leaving IPL devalued! They should find other ways of making money being independent. 

Even if you try to speak fairly, you can't. How many times we have told you why we believe that BCCI's stance is correct in this case. You seem to be fixed on your view about BCCI and not ready to look at our point of view. 

1.Manohar used the BCCI's position to amend the ICC constitution to establish the post of independent chairman and then used th BCCI to get votes to get elected.LOL at he being some kind of clean man.He is as power hungry as it gets.

2.The greatest ICC chief ever was an Indian,JagMohan Dalmiya.

3.LOL at play the game without India.They wont be able to pay to run the game.I know people from certain countries hate India,but that wont make the country that puts food on the plate of cricketers go away.

4.IPL will always offer more money than any other cricket playing country will.BCCI can do a PAcker or ICL at 10 times larger scale.

5.Suggest ways for that independence by taking away the biggest cricketing market.Except India AUS and UK rest economies of cricket are very small and India has the biggest following.

6.Please ask your country's board to not play with India.Lets see the financial impact and how they survive it.

7.India isnt asking for anything it doesnt deserve.India is the biggest money maker for ICC and hence deserve their place in the ICC finance committee.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

1.Manohar used the BCCI's position to amend the ICC constitution to establish the post of independent chairman and then used th BCCI to get votes to get elected.LOL at he being some kind of clean man.He is as power hungry as it gets.

2.The greatest ICC chief ever was an Indian,JagMohan Dalmiya.

3.LOL at play the game without India.They wont be able to pay to run the game.I know people from certain countries hate India,but that wont make the country that puts food on the plate of cricketers go away.

4.IPL will always offer more money than any other cricket playing country will.BCCI can do a PAcker or ICL at 10 times larger scale.

5.Suggest ways for that independence by taking away the biggest cricketing market.Except India AUS and UK rest economies of cricket are very small and India has the biggest following.

6.Please ask your country's board to not play with India.Lets see the financial impact and how they survive it.

7.India isnt asking for anything it doesnt deserve.India is the biggest money maker for ICC and hence deserve their place in the ICC finance committee.

This guy is just as biased as the other padosis. Even today, Anurag Thakur said that they support the poorer boards like that of Bangladesh, SL and Zim, still this guy feels that BCCI is evil and spoils their side. Pure crap.

All they can do, is to show some disrespectful photos hopping for our players. 

"Today I'm unconnected with any particular member of the ICC," he said. "I'm the independent ICC chairman, so I have to look at the best interests of the ICC. It's for the BCCI representative to look after the best interests of the BCCI."

When asked if the BCCI's views did not deserve special attention at the ICC level given it is the biggest contributor to world cricket financially, Manohar said: "I don't agree with this. Then, why the same logic shouldn't apply to the BCCI? There are 30 state associations [in India], why shouldn't somebody have a veto power? For example, Mumbai generates the highest revenue but does that mean that they should have a veto power on the BCCI decisions? Institutions function in a democratic manner and decisions are taken by the majority."

This guy is speaking sense. Indian fans are just upset that they don't have an Indian on ICC board level that is biasedly supporting them irrespective of fairness. From some of the post above, I get the vibe that you guy's aren't happy with the independence thing, rather it should be an Indian running the show, without being independent and mostly looking after the interest of india.. goodness.. me..

Edited by Shamim.Miah