Ankit Rajpoot, potential jewel waiting to be found

MCcricket

Oh yes we have been talking here at ICF about him, Nathu, Suyal, Aniket, Sran but Ankit Rajpoot to me looks like an ideal test match bowler and for me is at this point easily better then Ishant, as he bowls at good pace, gets good bounce, has a very good action, bowls with control and can move the ball also his pace is natural and he can be the Walsh, Ambrose, Mgrath kinda bowler, am not comparing but saying he has similar basic qualities

Also being very tall he looks athletic , can field also seems to have stamina, if selectors have any sense at all, Ankit, Nathu, Suyal, Aniket, should be set aside for higher honours and crap bowlers like Unadkunt, Chawal, Mithun should be off to play domestic forever

Edited by MCcricket

Ankit Rajpoot is a very  " international type pacer ".   Tall  and gets quite and bit of pace and bounce.   Bowls a heavy ball.  In the IPL,  he was bowling 137 k to 147 k  in a couple of matches.  Should be able to bowl 135 k to 142 k in tests.

He is quite accurate too....yesterday, he bowled a spell of 5  overs for only 6  runs on a super-flat deck providing no movement and not much bounce either. I am looking for a  pacer who has the patience to bowl on flat decks....and Rajpoot maybe that guy.

Another quality he displayed yesterday was -- reverse swing.  He was getting consistent reverse inswing even with the pink ball in the 3rd session.

He gets outswing when conventional swing is on offer and can seam the ball in too.

He has a good First class record.... averages 25 with SR of 49 ....from 21 FC games....in 3 seasons.  

I would like to see him pick up more wickets in important matches.

He has a rhythmic, good run-up and strong action with good back-bending and  uses a lot of shoulder.

He can be a good support pacer for test matches and  should be better than Ishant in that role.

We will be playing test matches in India in the coming season.....he won't get in the playing 11.   Another FC season will help him get better but he should be included in the A team ASAP. ...and also in BP XI teams against the touring sides.

Edited by express bowling
Ankit Rajpoot is a very  " international type pacer ".   Tall  and gets quite and bit of pace and bounce.   Bowls a heavy ball.  In the IPL,  he was bowling 137 k to 147 k  in a couple of matches.  Should be able to bowl 135 k to 142 k in tests.

He is quite accurate too....yesterday, he bowled a spell of 5  overs for only 6  runs on a super-flat deck providing no movement and not much bounce either. I am looking for a  pacer who has the patience to bowl on flat decks....and Rajpoot maybe that guy.

Another quality he displayed yesterday was -- reverse swing.  He was getting consistent reverse inswing even with the pink ball in the 3rd session.

He gets outswing when conventional swing is on offer and can seam the ball in too.

He has a good First class record.... averages 25 with SR of 49 ....from 21 FC games....in 3 seasons.  

I would like to see him pick up more wickets in important matches.

He has a rhythmic, good run-up and strong action with good back-bending and  uses a lot of shoulder.

He can be a good support pacer for test matches and  should be better than Ishant in that role.

We will be playing test matches in India in the coming season.....he won't get in the playing 11.   Another FC season will help him get better but he should be included in the A team ASAP. ...and also in BP XI teams against the touring sides.

Well said....but what is the conspiracy of under using him in the duleep trophy. In case if he is carrying a niggle or minor injury, then y risk playing him

McGrath has rated veer pratap more than rajpoot....so I am even more curious to see him bowl

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:17 AM, MCcricket said:

Oh yes we have been talking here at ICF about him, Nathu, Suyal, Aniket, Sran but Ankit Rajpoot to me looks like an ideal test match bowler and for me is at this point easily better then Ishant, as he bowls at good pace, gets good bounce, has a very good action, bowls with control and can move the ball also his pace is natural and he can be the Walsh, Ambrose, Mgrath kinda bowler, am not comparing but saying he has similar basic qualities

Also being very tall he looks athletic , can field also seems to have stamina, if selectors have any sense at all, Ankit, Nathu, Suyal, Aniket, should be set aside for higher honours and crap bowlers like Unadkunt, Chawal, Mithun should be off to play domestic forever

Aniket rajpoot is looking like a 132 to 142k bowler.. ishant is 133 to 146k bowler and has better and steep bounce from near to good length - lets be true to ourself and not downplay an old war horse bowler called ishant...in last test he was 130 to 146 and got some double blows when it was really required. he has improved his game a little and is definitely better than Aniket.

Aniket's bouncers are short pitched balls and provide enuf time to batsmen to avoid them .

having said that I definitely believe that ANiket is just a lil behind ISHANT and will a lil more pace , he will be ready for Tests for india .. I see him a ISHANT type bowler and hence replacing ISHANT only at some stage( Not NOW). 

Currently I guess Nathu and Shardul probably are the two being watched closely along with the Malnourished Dhawal Kulkarni.

I have no hopes from DHWAL but definitely feel Nathu could be better than Shardul.

Nathus seems to be more skilled than ANiket Rajput as considering PACE ,Aniket could be faster on average than Nathu and also bounce.

NATHU >>ANIKET on SKills and Swing that's why I guess nathu is ahead of Rajput.

2 problems  noticeable  with Rajpoot   --

He is a bad fielder.  He fields like a cricketer from the '80s...does not even try to stop deliveries which are 2 meters away.  Needs to improve this aspect big time.

At times he gives the impression that he is just going through the motions and is not really interested in picking a wicket.   This is in sharp contrast to Nathu Singh, who always looks focused , eager to bowl and gives  his 100 %.

I saw him bowl in Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament, got carted around and looked useless.  Doing slightly better in the Duleep, but that maybe because batsmen aren't going after him too much.  Might be a useful prospect in a few seasons hopefully.  But nothing really stands out about him.  Nathu shows promise though.  

6 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

He seems another of those 'need help from the pitch' type bowler which India produces by the dozen. We need to find some bowlers who can do reasonably well on pattas. Atleast 60% of India's matches will be either pattas or dust bowls. 

Many Indian fast bowlers have much better test records at home  ( on spinning tracks )  than away because of reverse swing at pace.

We need a couple of flat wicket pacers though.