BCCI threatens to pull out of Champions Trophy 2017 after ICC snub

bowl_out

Any idea what this is all about? Regular BCCI tantrums or something deeper?

The tussle between the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has taken a new turn with the Indian cricket board is now mulling to pull out of the next year's Champions Trophy, scheduled to be held in England after being excluded from the ICC's finance committee meeting held few days ago in Dubai.

BCCI secretary 
Ajay Shirke reacted angrily to the latest ICC snub and termed it as 'humiliating'. "These are the committees where all the important decisions are taken - finance, commerce and chief executives committee; India not having a representative (in those committees) is a humiliation for us. We will tell the ICC, 'either you amend this or we will decide what to do to protect India's cricket interests globally'. It could be anything. We may even not play the Champions Trophy. Better sense may prevail, and we may not reach that stage at all. But there are so many options," he told Indian Express.

Full Article here : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/top-stories/BCCI-threatens-to-pull-out-of-Champions-Trophy-2017-after-ICC-snub/articleshow/54050736.cms

Edited by bowl_out

I have seen a lot of desi chewt$ya managers who are top grade when managing just Indians but start favouring non desi/englishmen when it comes to salary hike and promotion. Why? simply because they havent got ability to argue with non desi peers or have some inferiority complex or both. They lack ability to think beyond few years since 1947. This icc guy seem to belong to that category

3 hours ago, chewy said:

can't imagine a ICC finance & commerce committee meeting without inviting BCCI rep

BCCI should threaten to pull out, ICC will never let that happen, then BCCI should extract a hefty pound of flesh from ICC commercial revenue  sharing scheme. 

BCCI has seat vacant in the ICC finance & commerce committee but they have failed to appoint anyone for it.

I know 3 times the budget may seem a lot. But when you take into consideration that UK cost of living is very high when compared to India it doesn't seem much. Everything from paying ground workers to hotels will be like atleast 5 times the cost in India if not more. So I suppose it does make sense to allocate budget according to the average expected cost for that country rather than one single budget regardless of whether it is hosted by Zimbabwe or UK.

Edited by Forever Indian
17 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

I know 3 times the budget may seem a lot. But when you take into consideration that UK cost of living is very high when compared to India it doesn't seem much. Everything from paying ground workers to hotels will be like atleast 5 times the cost in India if not more. So I suppose it does make sense to allocate budget according to the average expected cost for that country rather than one single budget regardless of whether it is hosted by Zimbabwe or UK.

You know what was the budget of 2013 CT in UK?

5 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

You know what was the budget of 2013 CT in UK?

I don't know, quote me any links if you know. That will make it a fair comparison rather than comparing two countries of totally different cost of living. As an example, the minimum pay for any worker in UK is around 8£ per hour which is 700 Rs. per hour in Indian terms, whereas in India there is not even a minimum pay and many workers will not even make 700 Rs. a day.