Pak's road to disaster - Updates

velu

Authorities cracked down on the most powerful political party in the financial hub of Karachi and filed a treason case against its leader Altaf Hussain on Tuesday after he described Pakistan as a “cancer for the entire world”.

Nine leaders of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) were detained on Monday night and the party’s headquarters was sealed after party workers, who were reportedly incited by a speech by London-based Hussain, attacked two TV news channels, resulting in the death of one person and injuries to several others.

Sindh Police chief AD Khawaja said a treason case was registered against Hussain for his anti-Pakistan speech. “Two cases have been registered against the MQM. One case pertains to treason for his anti-state speech…and the other case pertains to the incident following his remarks which saw some media houses being attacked by MQM activists,” he said.

The trouble began shortly after Hussain addressed MQM workers protesting outside Karachi Press Club against “enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings” of their colleagues. Hussain spoke over phone and videos featuring the audio of his speech went viral on social media.

pakistan_a11fec58-6917-11e6-b93e-ca6aaea

“Pakistan is a cancer for the entire world,” Hussain can be heard saying in the videos. “Pakistan is a curse for the world. Pakistan is the epicentre of terrorism for the world…Who says long live Pakistan, it’s down with Pakistan.”

He also shouted slogans against Pakistan and castigated the media for not giving coverage to MQM workers.

Hussain apologised on Tuesday to the military establishment, including army chief Gen Raheel Sharif and Pakistan Rangers official Maj Gen Bilal Akber for his speech.

“From the depth of my heart, I beg pardon from my remarks against Pakistan, the establishment, including Gen Raheel Sharif and DG Rangers,” he said in a statement issued by the MQM.

pakistan-unrest-politics_afd08a96-6917-1

Hussain, who is facing charges of money laundering in Britain, said he was under severe mental stress over extrajudicial arrests and the condition of MQM workers who were on a hunger strike. “Being a Pakistani, I assure the Pakistani people, establishment, army, ISI, all higher authorities and leaders that I will never use such words again,” he said in the statement.

Shortly after Hussain completed his speech on Monday, MQM activists ransacked the offices of ARY News and Samaa TV before clashing with police, leaving one person dead and more than half a dozen injured. The violence was condemned by all political parties and prompted action by the paramilitary Pakistan Rangers.

Television footage showed dozens of men and women barging into ARY’s office, smashing doors, windows and equipment with rods and batons and setting fire to several vehicles. Staffers of Neo TV station, whose office is located in the same building as ARY, were also beaten up.

On the streets, MQM activists clashed with police who tried to stop them, sparking volleys of gunshots and teargas at several places across Karachi. Rioters set fire to vehicles, including a police van.

Hussain and the MQM, which draws support from Urdu-speaking people who migrated from India, were close to the army during the tenure of former military dictator Pervez Musharraf. In recent years, relations between the military and the MQM have been strained.

The MQM has accused the army of using an anti-terror drive to crack down on its workers.

finally some pakistanis are getting enlightened :giggle:

Pakistanis not only kill balochos ,  kashmiris and indians , they kill their own people :Cry:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/mqm-chief-altaf-hussain-calls-pakistan-cancer-for-entire-world/story-fSG57yQsbummoRYN8EGVKN.html

Edited by Trichromatic

His party 60% leadership already ran away from country since months... remainings either have resigned from MQM or even have joined other newly established Karachi/Sindh based party... only few representative he left with, do openly admit they cant defend any of his word anymore...

Thanks Altaf for digging ur own grave...

Edited by Asim

Bhai nay zayada pe le the kal raat ko... he was too much drunk last nite.

wasey bhe bhai nay aaj officially maafi maang le hay london may bethay bethay... he officially apolojize for his remarks today.

Army nay maaf kar diya hay MQM ko ... Army have accepted the Apology of MQM.

minus Altaf bhai... :winky:

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

2 hours ago, Asim said:

His party 60% leadership already ran away from country since months... remainings either have resigned from MQM or even have joined other newly established Karachi/Sindh based party... only few representative he left with, do openly admit they cant defend any of his word anymore...

Thanks Altaf for digging ur own grave...

Altaf's name is enough. other people will keep  joining n leaving.

United Nations:  India' s most-wanted Dawood Ibrahim does live in Pakistan's Karachi, a United Nations committee has endorsed, by accepting six of the nine addresses that New Delhi had submitted as the terrorist's hideouts in that country.

In a validation of India's stand that the man it has hunted for over two decades has been shielded by Islamabad, the UN Security Council's ISIL and al Qaeda Sanctions Committee has amended its entry on Dawood by adding these addresses.

The committee, however, has struck off three addresses saying they are incorrect. One of them, sources say, belongs to Islamabad's envoy to the UN, Maleeha Lodhi.

Pakistan, which had all along denied that Dawood is hiding in Karachi, has issued yet another denial. The Pakistan Foreign Office has issued a statement saying the information given by India to the UN committee is false and that India's aim is to malign Pakistan and undermine its efforts to curb terrorism.

The 59-year-old mafia don is accused of plotting the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai in which 257 people were killed and 700 were injured. He is also accused of masterminding other terror attacks and faces multiple charges of money laundering and extortion. India and the US also accuse Dawood of financing terror groups including al Qaeda and Lashkar-e-Taiba.

India's dossier was meant to be shared by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval with his Pakistani counterpart Sartaj Aziz last year, but their meeting was cancelled over Islamabad insisting on meeting with Kashmiri separatists.

ADVERTISEMENT
x

The document says: "Dawood is known to frequently change his locations and addresses in Pakistan. He has amassed immense property in Pakistan and moves under the protection of Pakistani agencies."

Dawood was listed by the sanctions committee in 2003 and the entry has been amended in 2006, 2007 and 2010. The latest changes were made this week.

As a UN-designated terrorist, Dawood can face the blocking of his wealth and accounts, a travel and arms ban.

Last week, Dawood joined his family via Skype in the celebrations of the wedding of his nephew to the daughter of a Mumbai businessman. His nephew Alishah Parkar, is the son of the gangster's sister, Haseena Parkar, who died two years ago and was a senior member of his mafia.

http://www.un.org/press/en/2016/sc12483.doc.htm

Edited by Malcolm Merlyn

Nawaz Sharif : I'm sorry to hear about the blast in New York at 8 this morning. On behalf of Pakistan, I condemn it vehemently.

Obama :Nothing happened here.

Nawaz Sharif :What's the time in New York?

Obama : 7 am

Nawaz Sharif :My apologies, I'll call you later, I was confused with the time difference.

:rotfl: