M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story

velu

1 hour ago, fineleg said:

Havent watched yet, but looks like first half gallops 100 (70) and second half tuk-tuk  35 (76)

The 2nd half isn't as good as the first half but it isn't as bad as you make it sound either. Based on your scale, my review would be...

1st half - 100 (70)

2nd half - 65 (70)

All in all a must watch for cricket fans and some scenes are bound to give you goosebumps.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The 2nd half isn't as good as the first half but it isn't as bad as you make it sound either. Based on your scale, my review would be...

1st half - 100 (70)

2nd half - 65 (70)

All in all a must watch for cricket fans and some scenes are bound to give you goosebumps.

Mostly because we have seen most of the happenings of 2nd half. But first half we have only read in newspapers. 

Watched it today and man must say it's one of the best sports movies and the best cricket movie ever made. Should be a must watch for every Indian cricket fan. The first half of the movie sums up the struggles of a newbie, and especially someone coming up without any backing or from a non-major cricketing centre, to a nicety.

There is a Tamil movie named Jeeva (came in 2014 I think ) which portrayed the struggled of someone making through the domestic system and corruption within the (Tamil Nadu Ranji) system .How systematic the nepotism within our cricket was beautifully portrayed.They even had a Srini lookalike as Villan .

If u like cricket movies it's great watch

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

There is a Tamil movie named Jeeva (came in 2014 I think ) which portrayed the struggled of someone making through the domestic system and corruption within the (Tamil Nadu Ranji) system .How systematic the nepotism within our cricket was beautifully portrayed.They even had a Srini lookalike as Villan .

If u like cricket movies it's great watch

This movie did nothing to show his struggles,frustrations and redtape,nepotism of corrupt boards effectively...It was a typical bollywood movie.

The odds could have been shown in a much more efficient way.

So the inefficient Bihar/Jarkhand cricket association forgets to send him his letter about selection,the chief refuses to pay for his flight or postpones it and then one Dhoni becomes a star,he comes and apologizes being the nice guy he is and everything is hunky-dory?

Apart from 1 or 2 insignificant scenes where are the actual struggles?

This movie did nothing to show his struggles,frustrations and redtape,nepotism of corrupt boards effectively...It was a typical bollywood movie.

The odds could have been shown in a much more efficient way.

So the inefficient Bihar/Jarkhand cricket association forgets to send him his letter about selection,the chief refuses to pay for his flight or postpones it and then one Dhoni becomes a star,he comes and apologizes being the nice guy he is and everything is hunky-dory?

Apart from 1 or 2 insignificant scenes where are the actual struggles?

I haven't watched it yet so can't really comment how good it is really .

But expecting this movie to showcase the corruption or nepotism in Indian cricket is unrealistic .For starters he is still an indian cricketer.

This movie is (and was always portrayed ) about playing to the gallery about Dhoni success

46 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I haven't watched it yet so can't really comment how good it is really .

But expecting this movie to showcase the corruption or nepotism in Indian cricket is unrealistic .For starters he is still an indian cricketer.

This movie is (and was always portrayed ) about playing to the gallery about Dhoni success

If you approach it as a random commercial bollywood movie that has a hero whose name happens to be Mahender Singh Dhoni,it is a decent movie....but calling it a biography is a joke.

The only scene I liked in the movie was the Yuvraj Singh one in the U-19 game,apart from that the rest was run-of -the mill.

Also the first Thank you credits were Dhoni and BCCI. BCCI let them use the footage.BCCI would not want any of their organizations to be shown as corrupt and inefficient.apart from Dhoni and the actor who played u-19 Yuvraj Singh,rest was all real footage with Sushant SIngh's face attached to Dhoni....that was pretty lazy but given the budget I guess it was good for what it's worth.

Over dramatization of his love story with his 1st girlfriend,songs etc were stupid if you call it a real Biography.

At best you can call it a fictional commercial story inspired by some real events.

It is like calling Lagaan a true story that actual happened.

Edited by maniac

The Movie Jeeva with English subtitles. More realistic portrayal of corruption and struggles in Indian cricket

The actor was a cricket player himself, did well and he went on to become a cricketer, playing in TNCA league games.However a leg injury ended his cricket career and the actor noted that during the time he was bedridden, he started watching films and began an interest in an acting career.

English subtitles

http://www.einthusan.com/movies/watch.php?lang=tamil&id=2531

Edited by fineleg

Watched the movie, it was a decent movie.

I was eagerly waiting for the Ian Bell run out incident at Trent Bridge 2011, I wanted to know what conversation Dhoni had with senior members of the team, Strauss and the England coach. 

Edited by MechEng

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Would rather miss taher shah songs than CSK. :phehe:

tum CSK ko hate karte ho o aur baat hai per CSK IPL ki top teams me se thi. ab unke players idhar udhar hogaye hai is liye next year jab CSK wapas aayegi to unke team ke liye feeling shayad same nahi rahegi.