India conducts Surgical Strikes Along The LOC

Malcolm Merlyn

17 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Not sure what exactly is wrongly .

For all her criticism Barkha dutt and NDTV was the only one who did a decent show on army surgical strikes tonight .

When Arnab was was involved in 3 hour useless shouting match with a nonsense Pakistani "expert" , NDTV prime time shows were about the detailed views of the surgical strikes , significant interview with Rathore , how India has proof of the attacks with Drone videos and it's positive coverage in international media .

Just shouting over the top like Arnab doesn't equate to good journalism.

4e657868999e73e23fba10caec723fdb.jpg

Burhan wani was created as a media phenomina by Burkha abd Sagarika by their early tweets. I have my reservations about her, but yeah she is more skilled in basics of journalism than Arnab. I dislike the fact tht Bhurka always tries to take an apparently anti state so called liberal stance on everything, state security is paramount any one aiding its disolution albeit for very admirable liberal causes will also be found at fault by comman folks.  In this case she was conveying the news but often i see her playing opinion leader and at time public opinion champion or influencer thats dangerous. 

9 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I guess there may not have been any parachutes and helicopters used. Whats the use for using them for only 2-3 kms. And no para-SF team also. May be they were Ghatak commandos . 

The captured soldier may also be a Ghatak commando from rashtriya rifles. They want to deny that captured soldier was related to the operation. So they are saying it was para-SF. This is just a guess.  

The captured guy is RR, ghatak platoons used were from dogra and bihar. 

Some details is that The SF the Ghataks and the Garuds all were used.The SF created some solid mayhem and damage.The Ghataks it seems were out for revenge and did most damage.The Garuds were from the same flight which lost a comerade in Pathankot and were out for revenge as well.

The MARCOS seem to have missed out.

19 hours ago, New guy said:

What? She is actually praising the Indian army and reporting what they are saying?

You are reading it wrong. The first statement has two sentences but they are not contradicting each other. She is just repeating what the army is saying. Statement 1 - not a single scratch. Statement 2 - one soldier minor injuries. It is just a continuation of the first statement

she is dimwit .. she didnt pick what army said..

no one injured during the operation..

and one injured when he steppped on the mine while returning ( injured not during operation )

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

The captured guy is RR, ghatak platoons used were from dogra and bihar. 

Afaik, They are saying that those Ghatak platoons were giving covering fire.But the operation was carried out by para-SF.

I am guessing the operation may have been actually carried out by Ghatak platoons of RR.

Edited by randomGuy

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Burhan wani was created as a media phenomina by Burkha abd Sagarika by their early tweets. I have my reservations about her, but yeah she is more skilled in basics of journalism than Arnab. I dislike the fact tht Bhurka always tries to take an apparently anti state so called liberal stance on everything, state security is paramount any one aiding its disolution albeit for very admirable liberal causes will also be found at fault by comman folks.  In this case she was conveying the news but often i see her playing opinion leader and at time public opinion champion or influencer thats dangerous. 

Arnab knows the basics of journalism as much as Barkha. News Hour is designed for getting maximum viewership/TRPs, not to report details. It's a program for Arnab to share his opinion with his viewers on issues he deems as national interest. However, their reporters are as good as any English language channel. Also, Times Now and Arnab himself don't have much(if any) controversies regarding their organization/integrity.

Barkha on the other hand, along with NDTV, has consistently been criticized for controversies for a long time now and. The only people that think they are neutral are those who agree with them. Their minuscule viewership represents what people actually think about their supposed quality reporting. Their only good point is their general election coverage with Roy. 

• Ind did surgical strikes on terrorists ----> Pak is reacting as if doing surgical strikes on terrorists is equal to doing strikes on Pak
  • Ind crossed LoC in Kashmir, an official part of Ind ----> Pak is reacting as if Ind crossed international border
  • Pak says it can do surgical strikes too ----> the question is on whom? if on Ind army, Pak will be fried 

" Sharif warned that Pak is also capable of executing surgical strikes - Link " .... Also Pak speech in UN proclaiming Wani as a martyr is having a negative impact on Pak .... Overall, Pakistanis are showing a lack of intelligence in not only tailoring a response but also in understanding the issues .... They act as if the whole world is like "Pakistanis" 

2 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Yea and according to Pakistani media Kargil didnt happen till Sharif opened the box and Pakistan was winning the 71 war till 15th dec but Dhaka suddenly fell on 16th.

If Pakistan keeps on with this narrative, India can do it more often. Pakistan will never accept this humiliation in front of its People and world at large. 

All praise to Namo for authorising this strategy

Edited by mishra

Yesterday was the first time. :rolleyes::aetsch: 

The point was, the News Hour is based on American style opinion shows like the Rachel Maddow show or the O'Riely Factor. The point of those shows are for a popular journalistic figures to opine, often loudly/obnoxiously, about whatever topic interests them that day.Their fans usually agree with them and have the same opinions, so they succeed. Other just watch if something they find interesting is going on, ie Arnab and  Pakistani-bashing.  Arnab has spent multiple programs demanding Justice Ganguly's resignation, spent weeks demanding one of Swaraj/Raje/Chouhan to resign, the National Herald issue, JNU issue, and recently going after Manish Sisodia for his foreign junket. He is open about his opinions on every issue, often hunts the big story/scoop/scandal, and the only people that seem to have a problem with him are people who want him to provide covering fire for their favorite party. No one thinks his program is supposed to be something like an investigative report. If anyone does, that says more about them. On the other hand, there are the opinion shows masquerading as "news" channels that are filled with loaded panels and echo chambers while wearing the mask of neutrality.  

Times Now does the same type of actual reporting as other channels, where a reporter actually goes to where a story is happening to find out what took place, ask for statements from relevant people, and relay that message to the anchor/viewers. This is what is defined as news.