Shami played 2nd test while daughter was in ICU

Mosher

29 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Woah man. Should have gone to the hospital and stayed with daughter. He can play matches later.

7 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Family first. Cricket next. His wife and dau may have needed him in-person.

Give him a break from Third Test and ODIs.

R.Ashwin and his troubled finger (corn pain) needs rest too.

Shami did visit his daughter in hospital everyday after the day's end.

4 hours ago, fineleg said:

Family first. Cricket next. His wife and dau may have needed him in-person.

Give him a break from Third Test and ODIs.

R.Ashwin and his troubled finger (corn pain) needs rest too.

She went to ICU in the middle of test match (day 2) and came out of it by the end of it. It would have been very difficult for him to leave the test match in middle. Allthough I am sure he must have used time during India's second inning.

On 10/6/2016 at 2:49 PM, mishra said:

She went to ICU in the middle of test match (day 2) and came out of it by the end of it. It would have been very difficult for him to leave the test match in middle. Allthough I am sure he must have used time during India's second inning.

It is one thing if the player does not have an option like in this case since this happened in the middle of the match....otherwise I find is silly to miss out on being with your loved ones when it matters most.

I found it very silly when Dhoni missed the birth of his daughter even though there was time for him to make the trip. 

Also people flying back to play after the death of a parent........the person should be by the side of the surviving parent in the sad time. 

Glad Shami could go and see his daughter every day after end of play.Otherwise it would have been  really  difficult. He comes across as a really loving father.God bless the child and her parents.