Seperate forums for videos???

King

Chandan brought this up and it was felt in the past we need to have seperate forums for multimedia too. Please vote for this poll to decide whether we have a seperate forum for cricket multimedia (videos mostly) from the main forums ala "General Discussions". We will run this poll for about a day and if we have majority of us voting for a seperate forums for videos then we shall have one.

Re: Seperate forums for videos???

btw is this new forum mainly going to have a collection of links or we can have something like torrents to share vids?
Can't run torrents Shailesh, just a collection of links that makes it easy for people to look up.

Re: Seperate forums for videos??? unless, those are files to download, there is not much point..... u can go to youtube or search cricket, there is plenty.... if this forum grows big enuf, then it will be the same case... u have to search for em videos..... i say, keep a forum for files that can be downloaded, then it is worth it.... not for links to youtube and google videos, where ur searches are as good as mine...

Question : Will the Videos stay there in their threads ... ? (For eg : The Ranji highlights ... will they be around in a month or two at the same URL )
Yes. This was the next thing I was to suggest. I suppose the URL should remain the same even after an year or so. And it'll be different from You Tube in the sense that we have extended highlights here. Legend has few videos which can be downloaded as well (I suppose). But personally, I'd like to watch those without downloading them. And if all those videos are on a separate forum, they'll be properly archived. So, Ravi, let us have a separate forum for this.

unless' date=' those are files to download, there is not much point..... [/quote'] Gator the problem in doing that is Bandwidth
correct BB.... its gonna definitely hurt the bandwidth.... at the same tme, i dont see much value in dime-a-dozen youtube and google video links.... it will be jus a whole clutter of threads....