Can testify Afridi sold matches, he's a fixer: Miandad

Former Pakistan legend Javed Miandad has on Sunday said that he could testify that former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi had sold matches, reported Dunya News.

In response to Afridi’s statement that Miandad had always been hungry for money, Miandad said that Afridi was a fixer.

During a press conference, a reporter asked Shahid Afridi if he had anything to say about Javed Miandad’s suggestion not to give Afridi a farewell match. Afridi responded saying that Javed Miandad shouldn’t have said such a petty thing. “This is the difference between Javed Miandad and Imran Khan”, he said.

Miandad was furious about the remark, responding to it by alleging Afridi of being a match-fixer. He said that the world knew him and Imran Khan both. He said that Imran Khan had always said nice things about him. He confirmed that he had suggested the board not to give Afridi a farewell match.

Talking to Dunya News exclusively, Miandad said that he was against giving anyone an international match just for the sake of a farewell. He said that it was honourable for any cricketer to leave cricket at the right time. He responded to Afridi’s allegation of being money-hungry by saying that he could have continued to play cricket, had he been hungry for money.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/356243-Can-testify-Afridi-sold-matches-hes-a-fixer-Mia

38 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

ICC should take a notice of this and ask PCB to investigate into this issue.

Why should ICC do anything based on a player's comments that were made out of anger? 

The only possible course of action here is Afridi filing a defamation case against Miandad.

Edited by HippoSucks

Interview text in English:

Javed Miandad: "Shahid Afridi has been trying to contact me for days asking me not to be too harsh on him"

"I want Shahid Afridi to swear on his daughters (lives) that it is not true that he sold Pakistan matches; I am witness to the fact and I caught him selling Pakistan out"

"No one is listening to Afridi about the farewell match so he has started this business" 

"I have never had any need or like for money as my final reckoning is with the Almighty"

Context/Background: This feud started because Shahid Afridi wanted a farewell match and he was lobbying hard for it via media. Javed Miandad rebuked him saying it does not make sense and Afridi wants the farewell match to make money.

This led to Afridi's outburst against Miandad in this interview where Afridi said:

Afridi: "Javed Miandad has always been interested in money and this is still the case even now" 

"A cricketer of his stature should not say such things, this is the difference between Imran Khan and Javed Miandad"

Edited by Ironhide
24 minutes ago, TheWall said:

One supports an undrreorld.. another supports thd terrorists... both should be put in an asylum...

if two prominent cricket stars in Pak are this bad imagine how the whole population of Pakistan is ? What kind of role models they have ? They have terrible role models.

Edited by gattaca
1 hour ago, Viper said:

Afirdi is richest Pakistani. He has more endorsements than anyone even few days back when he is in t20 squad. Heard he makes lots ofdonations as well. He is a clown but jaaved is a certified  asshole

You are 100% right about that. Afridi might be a nutcase but this guy is not about selling his country out for some beggar money. I definitely find it hard to believe that this guy will take bribes. Hell he would bite some balls to win games and b*tch and moan at his own players for playing like sh*t. Afridi needs to sue that ahole.