Strategy for Day 4

fineleg

1st session - 1st hour bat conservative, ensure no early wickets. Then up the run-rate.

100 runs for 1st session (We have lost Gambhir, make sure  no more than one or two wickets in 1st session hopefully)

2nd session - go at a fast clip - ODI/T20 mode, 140 runs at least and declare by tea?

Edited by fineleg
3 minutes ago, Viper said:

I was actually  thinking  about this yesterday.. why not come down the pitch when they bowl and break it that way umpires can't  do shit. 

Good idea

Players in past use to do that with perfection, also it was their way to play spin bowling. Sidhu,azhar, laxman , sachin, sourav were terrific at stepping down n hitting spinner out

I dnt see a lot of stepping down from our batsman these days, which i think has hampered their game against spin bowling. 

Was really happy to see rahane this time. Other should work on it. Infact Dhoni use to do it damn well to both stepping out n attacking n defending

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Players in past use to do that with perfection, also it was their way to play spin bowling. Sidhu,azhar, laxman , sachin, sourav were terrific at stepping down n hitting spinner out

I dnt see a lot of stepping down from our batsman these days, which i think has hampered their game against spin bowling. 

Was really happy to see rahane this time. Other should work on it. Infact Dhoni use to do it damn well to both stepping out n attacking n defending

Pujara and Vijay also use there feet well and step down.. Kohli and Rohit dont much.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I switched on the TV at 10.45 to find Pujara batting 22 off 62 deliveries.

With us looking to declare 1 hour after lunch ideally and the lead 276 overnight....why was he that slow in 1 hour 15 minutes of batting ?

Coz thats pujara - he is a slow but safe batsman by design. He has gear 1 and 2.

He does not have gears 3 and 4

Edited by fineleg
9 hours ago, Viper said:

I was actually  thinking  about this yesterday.. why not come down the pitch when they bowl and break it that way umpires can't  do shit. 

Good idea

450 is more than enough... they need to break the pitch by coming down and defending. 

Danger area doesn't start from when batsmen bat. Roughs just near batsmen can easily be negated.

9 hours ago, fineleg said:

This ain't a 4-day pitch. For sure there is Day 5  in this match.

For sure lol? Aren't you ashamed? How many times do you like being wrong? Have some faith in the team. 

14 hours ago, laaloo said:

Win the match

Damn what a smart guy. Excellent strategy.