Ben Duckett is going to make it big

maniac

10 hours ago, philcric said:

After Cricket Acumen 101 gave us such legends like

"I'll jump from 24th floor" Ishant Sharma

"Come to India" Rohit Sharma and

"I'll cook mean biryani" Ambati Rayudu.

I will make a case fro them later if I have not made enough points already but here are some other examples

Lollipop Legspinner+hack turned World class batsman and captain of the baggy green-Steve Smith

Ellen De generes clone and diminutive batsman who is now top 10 ranked in al 3 formats-Joe Root

innocuous looking bits and pieces player who is now probably the best all rounder in the world-Ben Stokes

World records,Lords Honor boards,Man of the matches and series,Prestigious awards have already been discussed to death so I will skip the first part of what ypu said.

On Topic mark my words-Duckett will be the top LOI batsman in the world in the next 2-3 years and may be even across all 3 if he breaks through the ranks in a strong English side.

Duckett in line to get his Test cap :nice:

See I told you...This kid is ready.....England has seen the special ability in him that I have and hence they have been able to turn it around in all 3 formats recently.

BCCI are you listening? I am ready to serve my country....just get me the right offer....as far as resume goes...just read some of my ICF analysis :dance:

This kid is knocking on the door of big time.....mark my words....You are watching a superstar unfold....I didn't know about his domestic performances before I called dibs on his talent.....Just saw him in action and that is the way it should be...stats hide more than what they reveal...Just watch this talent make it.

You are welcome :bow:

Edited by maniac
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ben DUCKitt is showing what he is made of so far in India.  Going to duck right out of the team for the next test.  

Hope your chosen profession is not as a Teacher/Coach.Mentor or Motivational speaker.

Making fun of a 20 year old...who scored 2 50;s in 3 ODI's and just scored a blazing 50 in only hios 2nd test.

The Kid has the tools....wait and watch......History says I never back the wrong horse

I have not pulled the trigger on the likes of Gramdhomme,Raval,Haseeb,Jayant etc for a reason...just don't see it....workman type players.

Where teh hell is COlin Munro....my crystal pitcher with a mix of almonds and a sprinkle of haldi says....DONT WASTE COLIN MUNRO

Next big name in world cricket from Newzealand...also impressed with Nicholls who will be a good player.

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

Hope your chosen profession is not as a Teacher/Coach.Mentor or Motivational speaker.

Making fun of a 20 year old...who scored 2 50;s in 3 ODI's and just scored a blazing 50 in only hios 2nd test.

The Kid has the tools....wait and watch......History says I never back the wrong horse

OK.  Sorry, didnt realize you were 20 year old.  :p:  

Mani betaa, looks like you get seduced by a few well-timed shots.  Its called Carl Hooper syndrome.  That's why the likes of Duckett, Blackwood, Ross Taylor get you so hot and bothered.  Understandable, but still wrong-headed.   Quality test cricketers are not just made of a couple of good shots, you need to add solid temperament, defense, and a thinking brain to shot-making ability - and then a player has a chance.  Pre-mature pant-gasming ko lagaan do, else you will keep entertaining us with such threads and posts.  

banjo Colin Munro!!!  Please stop giving almonds and haldi a bad name!  

Edited by sandeep
white space for merged posts.
Just now, sandeep said:

OK.  Sorry, didnt realize you were 20 year old.  :p:  

Mani betaa, looks like you get seduced by a few well-timed shots.  Its called Carl Hooper syndrome.  That's why the likes of Duckett, Blackwood, Ross Taylor get you so hot and bothered.  Understandable, but still wrong-headed.   Quality test cricketers are not just made of a couple of good shots, you need to add solid temperament, defense, and a thinking brain to shot-making ability - and then a player has a chance.  Pre-mature pant-gasming ko lagaan do, else you will keep entertaining us with such threads and posts.  

A Guy who averages 40's in both ODI's and Tests...statistically one of the greatest Nzl batsman of all time,30 international 100's is a hack for you.....wah......you know what you should write a book on your perspective of cricket...I will be the only one to buy a few copies of those just to toss it into the garbage

Ross Taylor gets a long rope because he's only competing with about a few thousand cricketers and a few million sheep to represent his national team.  He's not horrible, but if you compile a list of his peers across countries - he wouldn't crack the top 30 for test matches.  

21 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Has worse technique against spinners than Chris Martin. Man, what a great tailunt. Almost Rohit Sharmaesque. :rofl:

Sure England will take it if he has the ability to score 200's for fun in ODI's and also break the barrier for highest LIST A scores and most 6's hit....No?

32 minutes ago, maniac said:

A Guy who averages 40's in both ODI's and Tests...statistically one of the greatest Nzl batsman of all time,30 international 100's is a hack for you.....wah......you know what you should write a book on your perspective of cricket...I will be the only one to buy a few copies of those just to toss it into the garbage

You identified Ross Taylor's talent when?in 2010 ?:cantstop:

just imagine if ICF existed in 1989...People would have made fun of Sachin for struggling against Wasim,Waqar and Imran on Green Tops :hysterical:

Arm Chair Experts seriously.

Look at this way...England which has the most competitive FC tournament have brought in a Rookie who is just 21 years old......must have some talent no?

Yeah he is going through a learning curve....watch this space