Kedhar Jadhav :player without X factor

tweaker

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I think they do .

All our greats had a little extra about them even when they played their first match . 

as for doing their Jobs fairly , so did Rayudu !!

Manish Pandey scored a brilliant century in Australia yet you are not giving him any credit at all. 

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I think they do .

All our greats had a little extra about them even when they played their first match . 

Edited by WeStMiDz
Format problems
2 hours ago, maniac said:

His bowling of all things has been a revelation but don't see him as a long term prospect......He has to be Mike Hussey level good to be continued at his age as a long term prospect....we need young blood in LOI's.

I am calling it now....Jadhav cannot play anything more than 140K even when delivered gun barrel straight but with a little bounce and anything over 135K's when there is a little movement.

Got rewarded for his domestic performances...saw taste of international cricket...that's about it.....this is a waste of investment

Jadhav has the ability to perform against pace bowler & if he get a chance he will prove that aspect also.

He may have not made the grade from.domestic to A to odi if he was not adept at playing fast bowlers.

I would like to see whether Jadhav has the ability to slog fast bowlers. Batting at No. 6...he will have to do it.

His ability against bouncers and outswingers will be less important at No. 6 in ODIs.

We have no evidence so far that he is not good against fast bowlers and his success in Australia for the A team actually gives us some hope. Some of those wickets had some pace and bounce.

Kedar Jadhav is turning out to be the man with the 'golden arm' in the ongoing ODI series against New Zealand with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni throwing the ball to him ahead of the regular spinners - Amit Mishra and Axar Patel.

Jadhav was included in the ODI squad as a batsman but his gentle off-spin has done wonders and he has sensibly played the job of the fifth bowler.

Before the start of this series, Jadhav only had one first-class wicket and four List A wickets.

However, now having played in 10 ODIs, the Maharashtra cricketer has six wickets in his bag.

In the first one-dayer in Dharamsala, Jadhav picked up two wickets, followed it up with one in Delhi and then in Mohali with figures of 3/29.

In the third ODI, he got the big wicket of Kane Williamson (22) trapped lbw, who was looking dangerous and could have taken the game away from India. Coming back for his second spell, Jadhav also dismissed a well-settled Tom Latham (61) and Corey Anderson (6).

On 2016-10-24 at 7:35 AM, jusarrived said:

I think they do .

Oh ya.. all our greats had 'bit extra' about them. Do yo know Yuvraj was dropped for almost a year after initially being picked as he flopped massively. Sachin scored his first century after 50 plus matches. Raina was dropped after 2006 and only came back after 2 years. No one thought these guys had any extra at that time. The amount of chances given to guys with 'technique' is just crazy. 

Player like Jadhav had strike rate above 100 and average above 45 year after year. Heck check his average and strike rate as an international. What else does he need to do. 50 plus average and awesome strike rate. I guess pay Gavaskar to hype him up so dumb people who learn cricket from  commentators can support him. 

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

Oh ya.. all our greats had 'bit extra' about them. Do yo know Yuvraj was dropped for almost a year after initially being picked as he flopped massively. Sachin scored his first century after 50 plus matches. Raina was dropped after 2006 and only came back after 2 years. No one thought these guys had any extra at that time. The amount of chances given to guys with 'technique' is just crazy. 

Player like Jadhav had strike rate above 100 and average above 45 year after year. Heck check his average and strike rate as an international. What else does he need to do. 50 plus average and awesome strike rate. I guess pay Gavaskar to hype him up so dumb people who learn cricket from  commentators can support him. 

This post has nothing relevant to what I was talking about .

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

Jadhav has played 9 odi but most of the time he has not got a chance to bat.Most of his innings are DNB & whenever he has got a chance he has performed reasonably well.

True , but like i said so did Rayudu .

Do you remember Manoj Thiwary ? what wrong did he do exactly ? infact you can draw a lot of parallels between these two players , did very well when ever given opportunities and coincidentally he picked wickets as well , IIRC a 5-fer ?  Though I rate Thiwary a lot higher , in both cases they dont give me confidence when they play for India . There is something missing , its not just about technique or talent .

22 hours ago, WeStMiDz said:

Manish Pandey scored a brilliant century in Australia yet you are not giving him any credit at all. 

I like Pandey , hes younger than Yadav , one of the best fielders in the country ..and does plays well under crisis . My issue though is his playing position , he cannot hit big . if hes in the team , he should bat in the top4 . Top 4 though is least of our problems imo , we can slot in a lot of good players from domestic and they will do well . 

22 hours ago, WeStMiDz said:

I like Pandey , hes younger than Yadav , one of the best fielders in the country ..and does plays well under crisis . My issue though is his playing position , he cannot hit big . if hes in the team , he should bat in the top4 . Top 4 though is least of our problems imo , we can slot in a lot of good players from domestic and they will do well . 

56 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

True , but like i said so did Rayudu .

Do you remember Manoj Thiwary ? what wrong did he do exactly ? infact you can draw a lot of parallels between these two players , did very well when ever given opportunities and coincidentally he picked wickets as well , IIRC a 5-fer ?  Though I rate Thiwary a lot higher , in both cases they dont give me confidence when they play for India . There is something missing , its not just about technique or talent .

Lol, Rayudu has a SR in the 70s. That's the reason he is not in India's LOI plans.

Tiwary had one good innings, that's it. He averages 26 @ SR of 71 in ODIs. Also averages 30 with ball in ODIs courtesy of one 4-fer 

Compared to those two Kedar has done well allround: Batting avg of 49 @ SR of 106, Bowling avg of 7.7 @ ER of 4.6 and SR of 10. In addition he is also a decent keeper so can act as back-up to the ageing Dhoni.

Edited by Forever Indian
21 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Lol, Rayudu has a SR in the 70s. That's the reason he is not in India's LOI plans.

Tiwary had one good innings, that's it. He averages 26 @ SR of 71 in ODIs. Also averages 30 with ball in ODIs courtesy of one 4-fer 

Compared to those two Kedar has done well around: Batting avg of 49 @ SR of 106, Bowling avg of 7.7 @ ER of 4.6 and SR of 10. In addition he is also a decent keeper so can act as back-up to the ageing Dhoni.

I wudnt talk about stats at this point , when he has played 10 matches .

He has only 3 innings against non-minnows and his scores are 20 , 10* and 41 . 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

I wudnt talk about stats at this point , when he has played 10 matches .

He has only 3 innings against non-minnows and his scores are 20 , 10* and 41 . 

He can only play whom he is played against, right? He has done well in whatever chances has been given to him with both ball especially at such a difficult position as a no.6 bat. 

He has succeeded so far in whatever chances has been given to him which is a Fact. Whereas saying he wont succeed in future is all nothing but speculation.

If you take just this series as an example which is against a non-Minnow. He has emerged as the most potent wicket taker from India. Of the two innings he batted he remained not out in one and was the highest Indian scorer in the other.

So atleast taking his performance from this series it means he should be given chances to prove how worthful or worthless he is of that batting alrounder spot.

37 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

If you take just this series as an example which is against a non-Minnow. He has emerged as the most potent wicket taker from India. Of the two innings he batted he remained not out in one and was the highest Indian scorer in the other.

So atleast taking his performance from this series it means he should be given chances to prove how worthful or worthless he is of that batting alrounder spot.

I have nothing against Yadav , infact I dont like Rayudu at all . Hes already been drafted in and to drop him would be unfair . He may have a couple of good series as well , which may prolong his career . Hes not a long term prospect , thats all .

I dont rate his bowling at all , we really are not desperate for a batting allrounder(spinner) . Priority is finding a good lower order finisher .

Once a player is actually given a chance to play for Team India against non-minnows, he should get a decent run  before an opinion is formed about him or he is dropped.  If he is not international material even remotely then he should not be given even one chance.

Graduating to international cricket is not easy and often takes a bit of time before a player can show his full potential.  Different players have different ways of getting set in international cricket.

Jadhav and Pandey deserve  quite a few chances.

Edited by express bowling

I wont be surprised if he looks comfortable against pace. He did decently in Australia while playing for India A. Also hasnt shown signs of discomfort against pace in the IPL.

At this stage, Id prefer him to Raina and would want him to be given chances to form an opinion. As long as someone is fit and striking the ball well, I wouldnt put any emphasis on age.