UP Tamasha... Whats happening?

diga

Some people are saying that the drama is to help curtail anti-incumbency against Akhilesh Yadav and rally support for the coming election. 

Congress is crap in UP and Mayawati is in trouble right now, but the 

BJP buffoons are not going to declare a CM face, so 'm not sure they will be able to take advantage. :facepalm: 

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Some people are saying that the drama is to help curtail anti-incumbency against Akhilesh Yadav and rally support for the coming election.  

But won't that split the Yadav votes? Or are you saying that that's the intention, with an eventual post-poll unification between the two factions. 

BSP have been actively trying to woo Muslims to create a Dalit-Muslim combined vote bank against the BJP and I believe it will anchor the oppn. Congress, with Dixit as the main face, are trying to woo the UC vote. I believe this is the formula.

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Congress is crap in UP and Mayawati is in trouble right now, but the 

BJP buffoons are not going to declare a CM face, so 'm not sure they will be able to take advantage. :facepalm: 

Who do you think the BJP should project as UP CM?

1 hour ago, jalebi_bhai said:

But won't that split the Yadav votes? Or are you saying that that's the intention, with an eventual post-poll unification between the two factions. 

Some people say that Mulayam is confident that the Yadavs will stay loyal to him. I am not so sure this is just a drama. They are using some harsh language.

BSP have been actively trying to woo Muslims to create a Dalit-Muslim combined vote bank against the BJP and I believe it will anchor the oppn. Congress, with Dixit as the main face, are trying to woo the UC vote. I believe this is the formula.

Mayawati is apparently starting rallies with Koran recitations to woo the Muslim vote.

Who do you think the BJP should project as UP CM?

I personally would prefer Dinesh Sharma, mayor of Lucknow. He is a very professional character from what I have seen. I think he can turn the UP unit into a better organized state. I don't really trust Rajnath or Smriti to be a proper CM for UP. Varun should be thrown out of the party along with his mother IMO. Yogi can win the election, but I don't think he is CM material either, he is probably only good for speeches.

Who do you think? 

19 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I personally would prefer Dinesh Sharma, mayor of Lucknow. He is a very professional character from what I have seen. I think he can turn the UP unit into a better organized state. I don't really trust Rajnath or Smriti to be a proper CM for UP. Varun should be thrown out of the party along with his mother IMO. Yogi can win the election, but I don't think he is CM material either, he is probably only good for speeches.

Who do you think? 

Tough question. If BJP could project him as a mass leader, then Dinesh Sharma would be the right choice. 

Saying that, Yogi Adityanath can definitely win the election. Popuar candidate in Eastern UP with a proven electoral track record. Problem is that I don't think that he'll finish be able to finish his term. Western UP will turn into a tava fry.

Smriti is a left-field candidate. She is better off in the UP Cabinet if BJP wins.

7 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Tough question. If BJP could project him as a mass leader, then Dinesh Sharma would be the right choice. 

Saying that, Yogi Adityanath can definitely win the election. Popuar candidate in Eastern UP with a proven electoral track record. Problem is that I don't think that he'll finish be able to finish his term. Western UP will turn into a tava fry.

Smriti is a left-field candidate. She is better off in the UP Cabinet if BJP wins.

Sharma seems to be rising fast in the BJP, and he was even involved in selecting the new Gujarat CM. He apparently has a good rapport with Amit Shah, so that could help coordination for the 2019 UP Lok Sabha elections. The state unit in UP is pretty poorly organized, so someone like Sharma could hopefully bring organization and professionalism to the unit. They can't rely on a Modi wave and RSS hyper-enthusiasm

There is apparently a lot of enthusiasm for the BJP for this election, so there is a chance that projecting someone like Sharma could work, even though he isn't a mass leader. He can then establish himself there like a Shivraj. However, the main goal should be to win in my opinion.  Therefore an OBC like Maurya or a firebrand like Yogi is definitely an option. A proper BJP government in UP could be transformative for both the state and India. The east needs Vikas, Vikas, Vikas more than any region.

It's really a shame that the goons won Bihar.    

Update

What a circus

Edited by Tibarn

22 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Sharma seems to be rising fast in the BJP, and he was even involved in selecting the new Gujarat CM. He apparently has a good rapport with Amit Shah, so that could help coordination for the 2019 UP Lok Sabha elections. The state unit in UP is pretty poorly organized, so someone like Sharma could hopefully bring organization and professionalism to the unit. They can't rely on a Modi wave and RSS hyper-enthusiasm

Sharma is also the BJP VP. So yea, he might be able to mobilize them successfully.

There is apparently a lot of enthusiasm for the BJP for this election, so there is a chance that projecting someone like Sharma could work, even though he isn't a mass leader. He can then establish himself there like a Shivraj. However, the main goal should be to win in my opinion.  Therefore an OBC like Maurya or a firebrand like Yogi is definitely an option. A proper BJP government in UP could be transformative for both the state and India. The east needs Vikas, Vikas, Vikas more than any region.

It's really a shame that the goons won Bihar.    

I think it is a strategy based decision. If they want someone like a Fadnavis in UP, then Sharma is the guy. Shah seems to be betting on him. Maurya might be able to mobilize the state unit better than Sharma being the party head, but he has cases against him. Yogi will win votes by uniting Hindus but beyond that, I'm not sure. I have no idea what BJP's strategy is. 

With regards to Bihar, caste arithmetic was always against BJP. Yadav + Kurmi + Muslim votes, that right there is about 40%. Needed a special performance from NDA, didn't happen. 

Update

What a circus

:giggle: 

20 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

With regards to Bihar, caste arithmetic was always against BJP. Yadav + Kurmi + Muslim votes, that right there is about 40%. Needed a special performance from NDA, didn't happen.

Yes, the caste equations were difficult, but it seemed to be an enthusiasm gap. It appears that, according to one psephologist I follow, the percentage breakdown of group favored BJP, but the turnout of said groups were at a lower rate than for the other group. I think that reservation hysteria regarding Bhagwat's comments probably spooked their OBC/SC supporters. 

I changed my mind. Jaitley should be CM of UP, at least that way we can get a different FM.

Edited by Tibarn

I remember last election. SP came to power on grounds that Akhilesh can be dynamic, young, educated guy who may change UP's fate. Initially it was decent too with occasional "Rangdari" and "political murders" . Azam Khan had done a commendable job for Mahakumbh and its arrangement in Allahabad . But that's long back now and has faded from people memory.

Now, everything people remember is UP is back to Mulayam's Gundaraaj and demonic corruption. I will be a miracle to see SP back to power.

Edited by mishra

On 10/25/2016 at 4:41 PM, Tibarn said:

Yes, the caste equations were difficult, but it seemed to be an enthusiasm gap. It appears that, according to one psephologist I follow, the percentage breakdown of group favored BJP, but the turnout of said groups were at a lower rate than for the other group. I think that reservation hysteria regarding Bhagwat's comments probably spooked their OBC/SC supporters.

I think BJP needed minimum 70% turnout from its groups, which didn't happen. By all accounts, it was a multitude of factors that cost them Bihar. Their allies failed as well.

On 10/25/2016 at 4:41 PM, Tibarn said:

I changed my mind. Jaitley should be CM of UP, at least that way we can get a different FM.

Bhai, he couldn't even win an election during a BJP wave :giggle:

Jaitley will eventually be sidelined. NaMo is repaying a few past debts by keeping him. 

Edited by jalebi_bhai

16 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I think BJP needed minimum 70% turnout from its groups, which didn't happen. By all accounts, it was a multitude of factors that cost them Bihar. Their allies failed as well.

Bhai, he couldn't even win an election during a BJP wave :giggle:

Jaitley will eventually be sidelined. NaMo is repaying a few past debts by keeping him. 

Yes, hopefully he is sidelined, but NaMo is wasting so much time. Why couldn't he make this guy Foreign Minister and have him out of the country. :phehe:

On 10/28/2016 at 3:42 AM, Tibarn said:

Yes, hopefully he is sidelined, but NaMo is wasting so much time. Why couldn't he make this guy Foreign Minister and have him out of the country. :phehe:

Jaitley is quite entrenched in Lutyens Delhi. Modi probably uses him as a triple agent. 

6 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Jaitley is quite entrenched in Lutyens Delhi. Modi probably uses him as a triple agent. 

One anti corruption activist I follow on Twitter, who is sympathetic to both Modi and Swamy, so he wouldn't just make stuff up, said that Jaitley's son recently got  in trouble for misbehaving with  the police at a mall. Jaitley got his son released and the two police officers suspended. If true, it's absolutely disgusting.  

Edited by Tibarn

On 10/29/2016 at 11:50 AM, Tibarn said:

One anti corruption activist I follow on Twitter, who is sympathetic to both Modi and Swamy, so he wouldn't just make stuff up, said that Jaitley's son recently got  in trouble for misbehaving with  the police at a mall. Jaitley got his son released and the two police officers suspended. If true, it's absolutely disgusting.  

Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

BTW, how do you think this new SIMI episode will affect UP elections? 

32 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

BTW, how do you think this new SIMI episode will affect UP elections? 

Considering that the media is already creating a sob story about the killing of the terrorists, It may be a tool to get M votes in UP. They will have to have their media stooges to keep the story alive that long...

On 10/31/2016 at 9:47 AM, Tibarn said:

Considering that the media is already creating a sob story about the killing of the terrorists, It may be a tool to get M votes in UP. They will have to have their media stooges to keep the story alive that long...

Not sure if SP will capitalize tbh. The murdered constable was a Yadav. Their spokesperson was barking about how poor the prison facilities were.

BMW, Khangress and other associated Jholachaapis have already started their 'Hai Tauba' like the presstitutes.

Edited by jalebi_bhai