Is Mehedi's action clean? If so, dream start

fineleg

1.  His action is clean

2.  It was a pitch that spun from day 1, where spinners opened the bowling from both ends for (IIRC) both teams .  So whether he's any good or not, whether it was beginner's luck or a rare purple patch or both, or whether he is a real find remains to be seen.  For the moment he's an exciting prospect, no more but no less.

Edited by NameGoesHere

See BD will start maturing and in 4-5 yrs they will start winning more an more test at home. I for one am all for home advantage so good for BD for winning the test. 

What i am more interested in is how their players and fans handle this win. I just hope they dont go overboard and start their usual cocky nonsense. These are the same guys who were run close by afghans a few months back.

12 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Bangla boys are just missing one good fast bowler and they will be a handful to any team in the subcontinent. They already have their best top 7 ever assembled in test cricket.

Tamim

Imrul Kayes

Monimul Haque

Mahmudullah

Shakib

Mushfiqur

Shabbir Rahman

Mehedi Hasan

Tajiul 

Fizz

One more quick (maybe Takshin)

That is one solid team for the subcontinent. Depth in batting till #8, 4 spinners with variety (off spin, left arm spin, leg spin) and two quick bowlers.

They are looking better, but still a bit to go.  Disappointed wit Mahmudullah a bit, hope he doesn't turn into their Rohit Sharma.  He looks the part when batting, and expected him and Sarkar to lead the bangles with the bat.  Sarkar has slumped and is riding the bench everywhere, and Mahmudullah seems to be throwing his wicket away.  

On 10/30/2016 at 9:54 PM, Bigg Brother said:

Yes, his action is clean..Right arm orthodox spinner..Not a mystrey spinner. He can bat also but didnt do well with bat..Bangladesh have found right handed Shakib..

May be better.....

His action is simple and more importantly repeatable....(someone like jaddu or sehwag)...

He looks to be a classical off-spinner (drift, little bit of air and good zip off the surface)

Whats working for him are those subtle changes is he doing every ball.....

Pitches are little too spinning friendly and assisted him big time....

On a standard sub-continent pitches, he may not be this successful....

"It's not England's lack of batting ability but its the pitch and bowlers skill" which got him wickets

3 hours ago, Asim said:

we all know every decent spinner in world chucks EXCEPT Ashwin...

LOL, you come in the lion's den and expecting to walk out harmless? :no:

But i'll give it to you bud, Ashwin's bowling always looked dodgy to me :P ... there I said it. Happy 

Speaking of this kid, his bowling looks like a normal spinner but for a 19 years old kid to take 19 wickets in 2 matches is no joke. Only way is up for this kid since time is on his side.