Pace wise we have come of age, Umesh, Aaron , Shami, how can they be world class

MCcricket

I have been watching SA n Australia and other teams of lately the so called pace or fast bowlers of Australia, England, SA are at Pat if not slower on ave compared to Umesh, Shami, Ishant, Aaron, who can average close to 140 in test, seen Hazelwood trundling at 132 K ave, Staff at about 138 to 141 K , Broad, Steyn, S Gabriel, all around the 138 to 139 mark at ave.

So our boys have it in them to match the best pace wise, now what they need to do is mature fast, look at Rabada n learn from him, fairly new to the game but a natural, Shami looks like might be India's answer to someone like Steyn n could be world class, Umesh ,Aaron, Nathu, need to be given a longer stint in A team n India colors and get in some good experienced fast bowling coach like Shane Bond, Akhtar, and we will see for the first time a side who can win. Anywhere , Aaron, Umesh, Shami, Nathu all fast and Ishant needs to pull his straps or play some county n not be allowed to be mediocre as we have competition for places now

Yes ,Australian pacers were bowling mostly under 135kmph,only Starc was bowling at 140 kmph.

Our pacer have the ability to bowl above 145 kmph but they does not look threatning.Umesh Yadav can bowl at 145 kmph but he has still not been able to be a constistent wicket taker bowler.Only Shami looks the part .

Hope our new young bowlers are mature when they make their debut

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Key is control and accuracy at this pace and Aussies and SA do that better than us at the moment, even English. Lets see things could change.

Yes, consistency is the key difference still between our bowlers and rest of the world. They are getting better though, that is for sure. But complacency should never set in.

Pace wise we are up there but lacking in consistency. But our bowlers are getting better. The more they will play the better they will get. Shami is the only top class all condition bowler we have at the moment. He's got the all the skills - good pace, accuracy, swing, bouncers and ability to setup the batsman. While the other bowlers - Umesh, Ishant, BK, Aaron are skilled enough to add value to the team and we finally have a good pool of decent young bowlers to work with(Nathu, Rajpoot, Avesh, Khaleel, Shardul, Sran, Aniket).

Its the ability to nurture fast bowlers.Like we do to batsman.We dont have the structure in place to do that at this moment.The moment we have a bowler who is quick but wayward,the atitude is to ask him to cut pace to get accuracy.

Secondly taking wickets is a art.Now to there i s no one in the national team to teach our fast bowlers that art.You need to have someone who has done that to teach the bowlers.A Srinath or a Zakk or a world class international fast bowler.All we have had are the likes of Venky Prasad,Eric Simmons,Joe Dawes and Bharat Arun.

We need to have world class fast bowlling coaches at NCA and the national team.

I was watching Rabada bowl closely and was surprised with his maturity, for one so young in age n experience he bowled differently to different batsmen n set them up n got wkts in a methodical way, Umesh can be compared to Rabada as they R both athletic n have easy pace, intact Umesh can be faster if he wants but Rabada looked threatening n not because of Perth because wkt is flat now but because of his bowling length n control with subtle movement, Rabada is one guy Umesh should try n look at an imitate as they are similar pace wise n physically .

TEST MATCHES --

1)  Try to bowl good length and around off-stump for most deliveries.  Don't experiment too much.

2)  Bowl 1  or  2 bouncers per over to  push the batsmen on the back-foot.

3)  Bowl with  effort rather  than gently floating the ball  and hit the deck hard when not trying to swing the ball   ( most of our pacers do this nowadays )

4) Repeat this every over unless the captain is specifically trying the multiple bouncer strategy with appropriate fielders.

In the last few months, our fast bowlers have improved significantly  regarding these issues.

Edited by express bowling
9 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Its the ability to nurture fast bowlers.Like we do to batsman.We dont have the structure in place to do that at this moment.The moment we have a bowler who is quick but wayward,the atitude is to ask him to cut pace to get accuracy.

Secondly taking wickets is a art.Now to there i s no one in the national team to teach our fast bowlers that art.You need to have someone who has done that to teach the bowlers.A Srinath or a Zakk or a world class international fast bowler.All we have had are the likes of Venky Prasad,Eric Simmons,Joe Dawes and Bharat Arun.

We need to have world class fast bowlling coaches at NCA and the national team.

That's an interesting point, the advantage of having a world class bowler as a coach is something I have also wondered about, but having said that, isn't it true that most of our guys spend time at MRF Pace foundation where they have the opportunity to interact with Mcgrath and others, some of the upcoming ones spend time there as well, one would imagine that because of that they would be a little more polished

17 hours ago, MCcricket said:

I was watching Rabada bowl closely and was surprised with his maturity, for one so young in age n experience he bowled differently to different batsmen n set them up n got wkts in a methodical way, Umesh can be compared to Rabada as they R both athletic n have easy pace, intact Umesh can be faster if he wants but Rabada looked threatening n not because of Perth because wkt is flat now but because of his bowling length n control with subtle movement, Rabada is one guy Umesh should try n look at an imitate as they are similar pace wise n physically .

Really enjoying watching Rabada bowl. He's fast, accurate and swings the ball both ways.

He's doing to the Aussies what I thought Mitchell Starc would do to the South Africans in this test.

9 hours ago, speedster said:

That's an interesting point, the advantage of having a world class bowler as a coach is something I have also wondered about, but having said that, isn't it true that most of our guys spend time at MRF Pace foundation where they have the opportunity to interact with Mcgrath and others, some of the upcoming ones spend time there as well, one would imagine that because of that they would be a little more polished

Agree, just look at how Tim Southee has regressed since Alan Donald and Shane Bond left the national coaching set up. 

srinath, umesh, shami are all quicker than zaheer

but the former three never had the body language which says that they are in control of the situation unlike zak

you never get the feeling that srinath, umesh, shami have a plan and they are working out the batsman...

with zaheer khan, even if he was bowling on at 80mph, you sense something is about to happen soon...

i will rate bhuvi above umesh, shami anyday

bhuvi > shami > ishanth > umesh for me

39 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

but the former three never had the body language which says that they are in control of the situation unlike zak

you never get the feeling that srinath, umesh, shami have a plan and they are working out the batsman...

with zaheer khan, even if he was bowling on at 80mph, you sense something is about to happen soon...

Shami bowls to a plan on more occasions than not.

Even Srinath did it from 1995 or thereabouts.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

zaheer only did it in later part of his career. He was as good as Shami or Umesh for first 6 year of his career.

Shami is the best Bowler I have seen play for India ,since he has pace, can seam as well as reverse, has skills n is fit n able to maintain pace, also matured a lot faster then any of our other seamers, Zak took forever to mature n same with Srinath, Kapil was a natural but slower.

If he stays fit Shami will probably end up taking most wkts among seamers and has excellent S/R

1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

Shami is the best Bowler I have seen play for India ,since he has pace, can seam as well as reverse, has skills n is fit n able to maintain pace, also matured a lot faster then any of our other seamers, Zak took forever to mature n same with Srinath, Kapil was a natural but slower.

If he stays fit Shami will probably end up taking most wkts among seamers and has excellent S/R

Shami is probably 5 years older than his official age .