Should Allow All Women In Sabarimala Temple, Kerala Tells Supreme Court

Malcolm Merlyn

54 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hinduism believes in the oneness of universe with man and every part of nature is to be respected for us to persevere. This respect manifests as worship, coupled with thousands of years of rituals which were adopted by each generation.

You don't say?

My post was more of a rhetorical one.

53 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You don't say?

My post was more of a rhetorical one.

I was trying to explain it for others who might have the same doubt. Charvaka is also accepted in Hinduism and it's founder was given the status of a 'Rishi'. Skeptics should be part of any faith.

Edited by coffee_rules
wishful thinking than fact

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I was trying to explain it for others who might have the same doubt. Charvaka is also accepted in Hinduism and it's founder was given the status of a 'Rishi'. Skeptics are part of any faith.

Also the fact that Nastika school of philosophy along with Samkhya and other sub schools of Astika school which rejects the traditional view of God also find a place in the larger Santana philosophy.

You can practically question anything.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The Sabarimala yatra is similar to Kanwar Yatra done in North India (it is in the news today).

I hope it isn't even remotely similar to it.

Most of the pilgrims in Kanwar yatra are a bunch of a&&holes who are there just to oggle at women and vandalize public property.

Every procession has a significant population of miscreants who make sure people hate them more and more with each passing year.

I hate those SOBs. 

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Most of the pilgrims in Kanwar yatra are a bunch of a&&holes who are there just to oggle at women and vandalize public property.

Every procession has a significant population of miscreants who make sure people hate them more and more with each passing year.

I hate those SOBs. 

I went by WikiPedia's description. it seems similar. But I guess it has deteriorated to hooliganism now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanwar_Yatra

The Kānvar (or Kānwar/ Kavad) Yātrā (Devanagari: कांवड़ यात्रा) is an annual pilgrimage of devotees of Shiva, known as Kānvarias(कावड़िया) or "Bhole" (भोले), to Hindu pilgrimage places of Haridwar, Gaumukh and Gangotri in Uttarakhand and Sultanganj in Bihar to fetch holy waters of Ganges River. Millions of participants gather sacred water from the Ganga and carry it across hundreds of miles to dispense as offerings in their local Śiva shrines, or specific temples such as Pura Mahadeva and Augharnath temple in Meerut, and Kashi Vishwanath, Baidyanath, and Deoghar in Jharkhand.

57 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I went by WikiPedia's description. it seems similar. But I guess it has deteriorated to hooliganism now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanwar_Yatra

Bhai I have been observing their behavior since childhood. While some of them might be pious, majority comprises of gunday, mawalis for whom this becomes an excuse to take part in hooliganism.

4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I hate those SOBs. 

It is one month of socially approved hooliganism.

This year UP govt is using helicopters to shower petals on them from above ....they should be showering bombs on some of them.

Last three days the news is about how they beat up people, break cars in mob fury because apparently only they have right to roads and about indulging in violence even against police.

It is a month long picnic for a lot of socially devient gundas.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Bhai I have been observing their behavior since childhood. While some of them might be pious, majority comprises of gunday, mawalis for whom this becomes an excuse to take part in hooliganism.

You will find most pious ones walking alone or in small groups.

The gundas are the ones in big groups , usually being followed by their vehicles with large music systems and hockey sticks in them .These scumbags have taken over and made life of the real bhakts difficult.

Edited by beetle

42 minutes ago, beetle said:

It is one month of socially approved hooliganism.

This year UP govt is using helicopters to shower petals on them from above ....they should be showering bombs on some of them.

Last three days the news is about how they beat up people, break cars in mob fury because apparently only they have right to roads and about indulging in violence even against police.

It is a month long picnic for a lot of socially devient gundas.

Beetle ji , a couple of days ago I myself witnessed these thugs in Delhi filled like cattle in a pickup trying to pass loose comments on the passersbys most of whom were women.

Not to mention the traffic they disrupt.

42 minutes ago, beetle said:

You will find most pious ones walking alone or in small groups.

The gundas are the ones in big groups , usually being followed by their vehicles with large music systems and hockey sticks in them .These scumbags have taken over and made life of the real bhakts difficult.

Most of them are either from UP or Bihar.

Fkin low class b@stards.

54 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Most of them are either from UP or Bihar.

Fkin low class b@stards.

Delhi and haryana too.

About a decade back...kawariya yatra looked far different than what it is now.

About two decades back...dad was posted in meerut and we never heard of any kawariya related problems.

We stayed near a shiv temple which was a big temple these kawaryias used to visit but never heard of any problems . Now it is a tamasha taken over by gundas and gangs.

Edited by beetle

37 minutes ago, beetle said:

Delhi and haryana too.

About a decade back...kawariya yatra looked far different than what it is now.

About two decades back...dad was posted in meerut and we never heard of any kawariya related problems.

We stayed near a shiv temple which was a big temple these kawaryias used to visit but never heard of any problems . Now it is a tamasha taken over by gundas and gangs.

Yeah Haryanvi Jats too .

Sorry @Jatboy brah

51 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah Haryanvi Jats too .

Sorry @Jatboy brah

It is not a jat problem....everyone is the same.

Guys who use the mob to take out their frustrations. Guys who think they are doing something big by going on this yatra...like it is something that needs him to be treated like a hero and given respect by all.People should make way for them, offer them free food and generally make them feel superior.

Instead of being a personal bhakti...it has become show.

The concept of Sabarimala may sound regressive and insulting to women..Its just that ovulating women are being denied the visit since the murthy is a brahmchari..It sounds stupidity to ultra modern thinking society...But this is one temple of all entire temples..Why such hue and cry for a non Issue...I mean there is a festival called...''Attukal pongala'' reserved only for women...Men are not allowed to do the rituall..Can we call that against Men...No its not...Its just custom or a belief..So talking too much about Sabarimala as huge discrimination against women is just that you are not getting into a simple belief...If we argue against it...You can argue that '''why there is a religion in the first place ''? ,so  should we go back to that claim.

This particular custom is not a dangerous one...aqnd not hindering women any freedom,if u could gasp a simple belief system...its simple..Sometimes,feminists take things way too far to establish and go off track..I appreciate their stand on many things,but not on this particular issue...

Edited by riya

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

^^
Nonsense. Exclusion, by definition, is discrimination.

Not if it's based on Religion/Faith as per Indian constitution. Not in a Western hypocritical liberal way of mentality. In Indian constitution even the Deity is living and has rights. His house, his rules. If you override, then everything has to be overridden, even virgin birth of Mary. If you fight that entry of women even though the Deity believes she is not allowed, she doesn't become a devotee and hence has no rights for entry. Just like a Muslim who doesn't believe in Allah being the only true god and says all gods are same, automatically is considered a heretic and a non-entity in Islamic world.

When women / feminazis / liberals respect the sentiments of Hindu temple rituals that bar men for certain rituals (there are women only temples in India), why can't the same be respected here? It's not that women are not allowed at all (like in Haji Ali case), they are allowed if they are not in a certain age because of the beliefs of the deity. This is from scriptures that the Deity is revered. This has to be respected. 

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not if it's based on Religion/Faith as per Indian constitution.

Irrelevant. Indian comstitution doesn't make it right per se just like saudi constitution doesn[t make it right

Not in a Western hypocritical liberal way of mentality.

there is no hypocrisy, period. Knee-jerk anti-westernism isnt going to save you here.

In Indian constitution even the Deity is living and has rights. His house, his rules. If you override, then everything has to be overridden, even virgin birth of Mary. If you fight that entry of women even though the Deity believes she is not allowed, she doesn't become a devotee and hence has no rights for entry. Just like a Muslim who doesn't believe in Allah being the only true god and says all gods are same, automatically is considered a heretic and a non-entity in Islamic world.

]

Pffft. Indian constitution just got changed last week. This nonsense needs to be removed as well. Dont appeal to authority on the basis of Indian constutution. Its wrong, PERIOD.

When women / feminazis / liberals respect the sentiments of Hindu temple rituals that bar men for certain rituals (there are women only temples in India), why can't the same be respected here? It's not that women are not allowed at all (like in Haji Ali case), they are allowed if they are not in a certain age because of the beliefs of the deity. This is from scriptures that the Deity is revered. This has to be respected. 

Neither should be the case.

Edited by beetle