500 & 1000 rs notes stopped from tonight

tweaker

10 minutes ago, mishra said:

You are being ignorant. IT department can print and post 10 lakh letters. Arrest 100 people. Put it on news channels for 2 days and that will do.

Still if you dont get it, Answer me this, Why would someone risk a jail term for say a meagre sum of 20,000 -50,000 when he can guaranteed get 25,000 to 1,75000 by telling the truth.

All it requires is some "will" by government which it has shown so far.

LOL People in India going jail for some petty financial crime .Is this India or Soviet Union? First tell me how will IT know that 50-60 k money deposited is saving or black money from someone. My dad who expired in 2012 was also big fan of cash and always scolded me that " Ghar mein cash rakha kar , emergency mein yehi kaam aata hai"

And if you don't know India people do lot of hera pheri's which can put them in much bigger risk than petty Income tax notice And BTW lakhs of daily wage workers that have lost jobs and have nothing why will they not use this oppurtunity to make some money as it is matter of survival for them.Either get some money at present and survive or just die by disease or malnutrition

^ you keep on picking and choosing. First argument was daily wages workers are working in bank queue. So demonetization fails. Then places of worship getting too much money, So demoniotasion fails. Langars still going on so demonetization fails.

FYKI Grass isnt greener on other side. People go to jail for Financial crime in West too. In fact more so often. We have Soviet Union System.

Thoda cash aur 14 lakh  crore cash mein fark hai. There is a reason why car sale is down by 40% and not onion sale down by 40%.

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

3 points

1) Plenty  of people including me has not deposited their money because of queues in November

2) The people that are renting their account is lower class , most have temporary address in cities , they are not highly educated and don't know  abc of income tax . Income tax can hardly dent them because they don't have any property in cities and their accounts have minimum balance. they don't even stay in 1 place .Even in rural area's their property is in name of their grand parents or parents.

3) IT deparment in India hardly have enough manpower to go after all these transactions .A simple calculation 50,000 deposited in account of 10 crore people = 5 lakh crore. So IT department will need scrutinise 10 crore accounts Is it possbe?

Govt has already put limitation on how much can be withdrawn from these accounts.

At worst...the black money got distributed amongst the poor.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

^ you keep on picking and choosing. First argument was daily wages workers are working in bank queue. So demonetization fails. Then places of worship getting too much money, So demoniotasion fails. Langars still going on so demonetization fails.

FYKI Grass isnt greener on other side. People go to jail for Financial crime in West too. In fact more so often. We have Soviet Union System.

Thoda cash aur 14 lakh  crore cash mein fark hai. There is a reason why car sale is down by 40% and not onion sale down by 40%.

1) Langar and places of worship arguments are not given by me

2 My argument is economy slowing down , people loosing jobs ,people dying , businesses getting ruined which are all facts.

3) We have one of most lineant  courts when it comes to sending people to jail.Out of 1.3 billion only 3.52 lakhs in jail , most for henious crimes.This percentage is one of lowest in world.We never had Soviet or any communist style system of sending people to jails or in camps

Look what IT department found in raid.

ANI: Raid in Bengaluru by IT Dept: Rs 4.7 crores seized in Rs 2000 notes & 30 lakhs in old/smaller denominations totalling to Rs 5 crores.

Government should explain how sheer amount of new currency is stashed by these individuals at a time when new notes are not available to the common public which is queuing up to withdraw even small amounts from their accounts.

new-currency-cash.jpg

Such volume of new currency cannot be obtained without connivance of bank officials.

Rules are only for poor in this country.

2000 x 23,500 = 4,70,00,000, A small town could be served by this many notes. Mind boggling, poor people catching pneumonia standing outside ATMs in harsh North Indian winters.

1. Economy slowing temporarily,  accepted

2. But what is not accepted is the outrageous but baseless lies you are spreading on behalf of media like people dieing, loosing jobs, villagers going hungry and so on to 2% evonomic slowdown. 

People like you are opposing demonitisation decision in its entirity on basis of economic slowdown are simply ignoring 80 years of misery suffering poverty deaths of entire popultion of India. That is the reason why illiterate, poor, educated, old, young everyone is ready to take 2% economic slowdown.

Also , when you equate a possible IT notice and few months of possible jail term to Concentration camp, you just start sounding silly.

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

LOL People in India going jail for some petty financial crime .Is this India or Soviet Union? First tell me how will IT know that 50-60 k money deposited is saving or black money from someone. My dad who expired in 2012 was also big fan of cash and always scolded me that " Ghar mein cash rakha kar , emergency mein yehi kaam aata hai"

And if you don't know India people do lot of hera pheri's which can put them in much bigger risk than petty Income tax notice And BTW lakhs of daily wage workers that have lost jobs and have nothing why will they not use this oppurtunity to make some money as it is matter of survival for them.Either get some money at present and survive or just die by disease or malnutrition

Petty financial crime ? Do you realize that in every single western country, tax fraud lands u in jail or a massive fine ? Did u know that the most famous crime boss of all time, Al Capone , was taken down by the IRS and not the police/DEA in USA ?

3 hours ago, mishra said:

People like you are opposing demonitisation decision in its entirity on basis of economic slowdown are simply ignoring 80 years of misery suffering poverty deaths of entire popultion of India. That is the reason why illiterate, poor, educated, old, young everyone is ready to take 2% economic slowdown.

Where does this 2% number come from?

On 12/1/2016 at 6:55 PM, mishra said:

That  what government estimated. I read it or heard it n tele. Also 3 lakh  ctore was estimated windfall. Rbi doing some currency sweep to ensure interest rates dont go down as they want to manage that bit.

Thanks 

I was wondering because Vivek Dehejia argues it will be only .25 to.5 % decline.

http://www.vivekdehejia.com/2016/11/ambit-capital-prediction-of-sharp-drop.html?m=1

Edited by Tibarn