Trump is President

Texan

wow, totally surprised.  But after Trump took Florida, you could see there was a big opening for for him and then he banked those key deciding 3-4 states in the end.

anyways, politics is a machinery and the president is merely just one part. For all the optimism that the world had from Obama, there's not much he could do.

All those calling white people racist, remember same people voted for Obama 8 years ago in places like Iowa where clinton lost today and Obama won 8 years ago. That state and many such like Iowa have 99.8% white people in some counties. These people have answered that they just want some change and and its not about democrat or republican party for them. They want something different from whats been going on in last 8 years as Clinton would have been pretty much same like Obama.

I think they are patriotic and totally right in doing this. They want to see their country move forward. They gave the chance to Democrats and want to see how different can it be and better with Republicans

2 hours ago, Silva said:

Now that he is president how will he be able to do 70% of the things he promised? Removing trade deals, getting mexico to build a wall, banning muslims from entering, getting rid of every single undocumented worker, removing obamacare. The only thing I see him doing is cutting taxes. Basically George bush part 2. 

He will have a steep learning curve, POTUS is not king there are checks and balances built in.

so more than 50% of the population voted for Trump...so does it mean 50% of America is racist? I mean Trump or Reagan or whomever,this is the country that even if people double their racial/gender/sexual preference bias that they have currently...90% of the world will still clamour and fight for an American Green card.

This was not a victory based on race but it was more of a common man's frustration of all the false promises,inaction and pointless diplomacy made by politicians,

Trump may or may not be the right person...but this is clearly a victory of the common man in America who have shown that propaganda,media bias etc etc will not last against people power.

I am pretty sure 1 or 2 isolated racist incidents will be made to look like the "Award Wapsi/Intolerance" fiasco in India but overall Trump or no Trump America is one of  the most tolerant nations in the world.

Yes Racism exists...we all have racial bias in some way or the other but overall this is a very tolerant society.

GO Trump.

Edited by maniac

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

so more than 50% of the population voted for Trump...so does it mean 50% of America is racist? I mean Trump or Reagan or whomever,this is the country that even if people double their racial/gender/sexual preference bias that they have currently...90% of the world will still clamour and fight for an American Green card.

This was not a victory based on race but it was more of a common man's frustration of all the false promises,inaction and pointless diplomacy made by politicians,

Trump may or may not be the right person...but this is clearly a victory of the common man in America who have shown that propaganda,media bias etc etc will not last against people power.

I am pretty sure 1 or 2 isolated racist incidents will be made to look like the "Award Wapsi/Intolerance" fiasco in India but overall Trump or no Trump America is one of  the most tolerant nations in the world.

Yes Racism exists...we all have racial bias in some way or the other but overall this is a very tolerant society.

GO Trump.

If you are frustrated enough playing with your toy and you blow it up, what does mommy do ? Take it away from you and scold you. Not go 'oh he was frustrated with the toy, so he blew it up! Laadla beta !'

Same applies to the morons who voted for Trump because they are 'frustrated with Washington'. 

The American system isn't perfect, but it has existed for 230+ years without much problems (as in government forming problems) and if anyone thinks the system is broken, they strive to fix the system. Not throw gasoline over it and set it on fire.

Reminds me of a 90s classic movie called Starship Troopers. Citizens earn the right to vote and those who can't vote are civillians. 

Last night was probably the best reason i've seen in a long, long time to associate certification/competency test with voting. If one needs to be certified to operate a rowboat, one should need to be certified to exercise the most important civic duty of a human being.

Two things:

a) not 50% of Americans are racists. But way more than 50% Americans are racist AND misogynists. 

b) if you think USA is a racially tolerated society, i can only gather that you've either lived in East Coast north of Virginia or the west coast. 

USA is more racist a nation than Pakistan, which from my experience is the most racist of the subcontinental nations. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

PoTUS + House + Senate + Supreme Court judges all aligning under one party = as close to american system is going to come to creating Nazi Germany or any other Fascist state.

Well, for a start, he will have to start getting along with his party. That might be easier said than done for him.

9 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

PoTUS + House + Senate + Supreme Court judges all aligning under one party = as close to american system is going to come to creating Nazi Germany or any other Fascist state.

How many Missouri, Baltimore kind of protests you saw during pre Obama era. say under Bush Era?

Why you are just predicting and assuming that Republicans and whites are all going to be racist and are going to mess up all the other color people. Why this mentality? Were Indians banned from coming to USA during Bush era? Did the current American white generation steal the country from the Native Americans?

We need to move on with that mentality and lets wait and see how Trump and republicans along with some democrats run the congress.

1 hour ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Protesters on the 101 Freeway. Stupid afk.

They are protesting against Trump. They should be protesting against Hillary and Democratic party for putting this situation on plate. Had they not cheated against poor Bernie, Trump would have never won. They all are to blame. No lives people just out there on street.

18 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

1. Given that i just demonstrated that she is the most active senator of alltime in proposing bills to the senate, has 6 years Secretary of State position, she is the LAST person to be accused of dynastic behaviour, since she is the most qualified presidential candidate ever in terms of years spent at the centre and proposing policies.

2. Most rapists also have wives and daughters. What he said about women, is how he feels about women. A human would do, but a scum bucket of a human is reaching a bit low.

3. immigration was not an issue during Obama election & Obama is a guy. Never underestimate the power of misogyny in USA, in a way it reminds me a lot of India on how outwardly they say nice things about women but are deeply women-hating cultures for the most part ( in India it applies to mostly the non-north eastern cultures)

Ans 1-2: I find it difficult to believe that anyone has never made a lewd comment in their life. I have never found any one who If ambience is right, trust and  comfort is there within them people, and topic is sex and women, people open up, crack jokes or share tips, experiences, joke about marriage , and how his wife makes his life difficult. Its near foolishness to use those comments as not just measure but describe them people personality in whole. Now you may disagree with it, But most people know agree to what I am talking about.

Ans 3: Guy won. Fair and square. Accept it. If it was misogyny, Shouldn't Hillary would have lost in democratic primary. You are trying to portray as if republicans are misogynist and democrats are not. The real reason she lost is because people wanted change. Anyone from Obama administration apart from Obama would have lost this election.

Cheerup, Fox network predicted this 16 years back. They also predicted her successor will be first women president of United States and state of economy post Trump:yess:. watch around 30th sec. It softly does portrays that Trump is no newbie for Presidential candidate. People knew he has political ambitions long back

Edited by mishra