Arjun Tendulkar progress tracking thread

maniac

20 minutes ago, SUMO said:

is there any example in cricket -- father and son both greats 

Both great is rare. But both at least solid-

Lala and Jimmy Amarnath, Chris and Stuart Broad, The Pataudis, Peter and Shaun Pollock, Micky and Alec Stewart, Hanif and Shoaib Mohammad.

Then there are others where perhaps one out of the father-son duo was perhaps mediocre, but still perhaps good enough to make it on theor own merit.- Vijay and Sanju Manjrekar, Geoff and Shaun Marsh

5 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Both great is rare. But both at least solid-

Lala and Jimmy Amarnath, Chris and Stuart Broad, The Pataudis, Peter and Shaun Pollock, Micky and Alec Stewart, Hanif and Shoaib Mohammad.

Then there are others where perhaps one out of the father-son duo was perhaps mediocre, but still perhaps good enough to make it on theor own merit.- Vijay and Sanju Manjrekar, Geoff and Shaun Marsh

Closest is Peter-Shaun. Former was better than his figs suggest although they are good. The Mohds were both very solid too.

14 minutes ago, SUMO said:

rohan was rubbish....manjarekers and amarnaths. 

I was clearly kidding.

3 minutes ago, SUMO said:

I had heard big things about sarfaraz jaffer and shaw ... sarfaraz turned out to be pinch hitter...armaan hasn't impressed either this season

Sarfaraz is more than a pinch hitter. Case in point: in the U19 final, most of the batsmen (include Pant-man and Kishan) found the WI pace attack too hot to handle. On the other hand, Khan looked pretty comfy. I've seen him bat a few times, and he reminds me more of Pappu de Silva in his style.

As for Shaw, he's a more classical batsman than Khan (and Jaffer jnr) so I hope that he will do well. Had a very good Cooch Behar tourney (as did Jaffer jnr).

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Sarfaraz is more than a pinch hitter. Case in point: in the U19 final, most of the batsmen (include Pant-man and Kishan) found the WI pace attack too hot to handle. On the other hand, Khan looked pretty comfy. I've seen him bat a few times, and he reminds me more of Pappu de Silva in his style.

As for Shaw, he's a more classical batsman than Khan (and Jaffer jnr) so I hope that he will do well. Had a very good Cooch Behar tourney (as did Jaffer jnr).

may be because he was not really under 19, any ways he is good player but he is not all format class talent like kohli rohit rahul rahane even dhawan( all these didn't become successful in all formats, temperamental issue )

10 minutes ago, SUMO said:

may be because he was not really under 19, any ways he is good player but he is not all format class talent like kohli rohit rahul rahane even dhawan( all these didn't become successful in all formats, temperamental issue )

He was (allegedly) subject to genetic testing, etc. in the past and confirmed that his age was accurate. Anyway, it's not only about the age - his style of playing Alzharri Joseph, etc was more assured. But, I agree that he has temperamental issues.

Have higher hopes for Shaw at the moment.