Jayant Yadav

tweaker

12 hours ago, Vijy said:

Yes, it's clear the selectors only think about short-term plans, i.e. let's prepare slow pitches which break up (or raging turners) and have darters like Jaddu playing in the team. And once they go outside, they end up getting pasted and wicketless. Although Ashwin has improved a great deal, these home pitches have certainly helped him to an extent.

What we need is at least one more spinner who can pick up wickets on a wide range of tracks... closest I see is Quadri. Chahal is an intelligent bowler, who is improving, but seems to be more ODI material. Kuldeep, for me, is more flash than substance.

Lol what is the flash u R talking about, flashy personality or flash in the pan, have u seen him bowl , he is the real deal, gets good turn, dip n is hard to read, gets drift can bowl all variations, n is a decent bat as well, he has shown his skills in his first season, if you can't see skills n call it flash I wonder n then u say Hooda cannot hit, makes my head spin, R u for real man, or you just woke up after a long slumber, no offense

I feel mishra and kuldeep are better bets than Jayant. 

Reasons

Mishra =kuldeep in bowling but both are better bowlers than Jayant. 

Jayant "s bowling looks 5 on 10..

If ashwin is 10 on 10 then mishra is 8 on 10 and jadeja is 8 on 10. even kuldeep also looks 7 or 8.

Jayant is better batsmen and better fielder than both but An inferior bowler.

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Reasons

If ashwin is 10 on 10 then mishra is 8 on 10 and jadeja is 8 on 10. even kuldeep also looks 7 or 8.

If Ashwin is 10, Mishy/Jaddu are not really 8, more like 7. In the first innings, if not for Ashwin, Eng could have easily finished with 350+

As the 5th bowler, the batting really matters and since Jayant is better than both presumably, he probably deserves some chances (even if he's a lesser bowler).

Reasons

Let's see Jayant tomorrow again but as of now he is a 4 on 10 or at best 5 on 10 spinner..

And a lil better bat than jadeja.

But if I m virat I l play mishra jaddu ashwin kuldeep pragyan ojha ahead of him for sure.

Even shreyas gopal the leg spinner is also an all rounder.

He looks as ashwin"s replacement if ashwin is unfit...n mishra was out of form so he was played.

Hope he bowls well tomorrow otherwise I don't expect too much about him.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Jayant and Kuldeep have no competition. If kuldeep comes, he would be in place of Jaddu. Jayant is an alrounder playing as a 5th bowler.

Why would you drop Jadeja? His record at home is very good. Kuldeep can play in place of Jayant as they both spin the ball away from left hander and both are handy batsmen. 

11 minutes ago, Texan said:

Why would you drop Jadeja? His record at home is very good. Kuldeep can play in place of Jayant as they both spin the ball away from left hander and both are handy batsmen. 

I am just saying in case, you want to play Kuldeep. I am not asking to drop Jadeja. Regarding batting of Kuldeep, I am not sure if it is as good as Jayant's until I see him nor his bowling is that great as he averages 32 in FC cricket and has a very high economy too. He is just a tailender who can bat a bit like BK while Jayant is a proper bowling alrounder for Haryana. We do not want another Jadeja-type batsman in Kuldeep as a 5th bowler. A 5th bowler should be an alrounder as even our Wk/bat is not reliable. We will need all the batting form Ashwin and Jayant. Saha will contribute here and there and Jadeja is pretty much a tailender with the bat in tests.

Edited by rkt.india