Sign in to follow this  
Austin 3:!6

So how long is the rope for Saha?

3 minutes ago, kira said:

He's a freaking wicketkeeper, stop expecting 100s after 100s from him, it is not saha's fault that our top order just forgot how to bat, his primary job is keeping and he's bloody brilliant at that

Did you just type this on a telegraph machine or are you actually using the internet? I am wondering which age you are stuck in where keepers only keep and don't bat.

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Did you just type this on a telegraph machine or are you actually using the internet? I am wondering which age you are stuck in where keepers only keep and don't bat.

Do you have comprehension problems? Saha does bat, where did I say he shouldn't bat?  I said his primary job is keeping, no amount of good batting can compensate for dropped catches, you are the one stuck in kindergarten, parroting the same old shite

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

You have no clue .He is still TN Ranji team first choice keeper.

You are the one with no clue, listen to what kumble said when pappu was called as replacement for saha instead of karthik

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

You have no clue .He is still TN Ranji team first choice keeper.

Still he gets up too early while keeping to spinners .He is surely Most talented wkbatsman we have and he keeps fine to pacers but his keeping to spinners is horrendous unless he improves his keeping to spinners i do not see him in the team.

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Kumble was actually mistaken.Karthick and Kumble clarified it later .So yeah are the one clueless .

Still a terrible fking keeper, mr clueless 

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

He has many good knocks under pressure,biggest being the one in WI

Yh that was a good knock but against top teams he struggles like vs Sri lanka At Galle gets out stumped when the team was in trouble, vs Aus at Adelaide gets out slogging when all he had to do was stay with Kohli, Vs Eng at Rajkot gets out to soft return catch nearly costing us the game. Even against Banladesh he should of been stumped early on.

Long term if you are gonna play Saha, six batsmen are required.

Edited by Bleed-Blue

Yh that was a good knock but against top teams he struggles like vs Sri lanka At Galle gets out stumped when the team was in trouble, vs Aus at Adelaide gets out slogging when all he had to do was stay with Kohli, Vs Eng at Rajkot gets out to soft return catch nearly costing us the game. Even against Banladesh he should of been stumped early on.

Long term if you are gonna play Saha, six batsmen are required.

And what about his 50 in the second test where he batted well with Rohit and tail to get us to a good first innings score or against England in first test with ashwin.

Still he gets up too early while keeping to spinners .He is surely Most talented wkbatsman we have and he keeps fine to pacers but his keeping to spinners is horrendous unless he improves his keeping to spinners i do not see him in the team.

Yes DK is still a below average keeper and should be nowhere near the Indian team.Just like Parthiv .Neither should be selected to the Indian team .Between the three I would pick Saha anyway lol.

I was just pointing out he is still TN regular wk to the clueless one.

Saha is one of the very few players in our team,  who has some positive contribution in this match with his brilliant keeping.

A match where our team could not cross 110 in either innings is hardly the one to look for batting heroics from a keeper.

Saha is a brilliant keeper and decent batsman.If he is replaced by pant or kisan I wouldn't be too enraged.However any of Parthiv, Karthik, Ojha should not get in place of him.They are terrible keepers. But it wouldn't be fair to remove Saha for now.Why is Saha targeted as if he was the only culprit of this match.

1 hour ago, kira said:

Do you have comprehension problems? Saha does bat, where did I say he shouldn't bat?  I said his primary job is keeping, no amount of good batting can compensate for dropped catches, you are the one stuck in kindergarten, parroting the same old shite

Read the rest of your posts in the thread. Clearly you seem to be the clueless one just posting gibberish. Yes, primary job is keeping but all keepers these days are expected to contribute *almost* as much as a frontline batsman. Look at the records of keepers around the World.

8 minutes ago, Texan said:

Read the rest of your posts in the thread. Clearly you seem to be the clueless one just posting gibberish. Yes, primary job is keeping but all keepers these days are expected to contribute *almost* as much as a frontline batsman. Look at the records of keepers around the World.

Genius, get enrolled in for a comprehension class, saha is not a tailender, he averages 30+, I am done responding to your bakwaas, you don't sacrifice a genuine keeper for a batsman, I am all for replacing saha if there is another keeper batsman who is at least decent in his primary job of keeping but currently there is no one, so quit your whining 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Saha is one of the very few players in our team,  who has some positive contribution in this match with his brilliant keeping.

A match where our team could not cross 110 in either innings is hardly the one to look for batting heroics from a keeper.

+1 

These noob cricket fans whining about saha have little to zero knowledge about cricket, they should just stick to tonty-tonty :giggle:

Asking to drop a wicket keeper after 1 test in a 4 game series is as silly as asking to drop a captain of the team.

This is a typical brain fart reaction to a big defeat.

This "Drop everyone" attitude after one big defeat will take us no where.

We are no.1 test team and not no. 6. These players have played huge role in taking us to no.1 and hence I will stick with them for now and wait for them to come back strong, and I know Saha will with the bat and others.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The issue is if we are to play 5 batsman time n again Saha role will come under scrutiny specially post any collapse

When we find a good test quality keeper who is a top 6  batsman too..... Saha will be replaced.

One of Pant or Kishan, who becomes the better keeper, will probably do it.... but not now.

They are both playing all A team games now and both are keeping alternately.

That means they are being monitored by the selectors as well as the team management.

The normal time for a smooth transition needs to be given.

We are not sure how their keeping in 5-day matches is.  Saw Kishan in a Ranji match and it looked to me that he needs some more FC match practice as a keeper before debuting.

Edited by express bowling

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

When we find a good test quality keeper who is a top 6  batsman too..... Saha will be replaced.

One of Pant or Kishan, who becomes the better keeper, will probably do it.... but not now.

They are both playing all A team games now and both are keeping alternately.

That means they are being monitored by the selectors as well as the team management.

The normal time for a smooth transition needs to be given.

We are not sure how their keeping in 5-day matches is.  Saw Kishan in a Ranji match and it looked to me that he needs some more FC match practice as a keeper before debuting.

Agreed....but my post meant as perception that will come out every time there is a collapse specially when we play 5 batsman

37 minutes ago, kira said:

Genius, get enrolled in for a comprehension class, saha is not a tailender, he averages 30+, I am done responding to your bakwaas, you don't sacrifice a genuine keeper for a batsman, I am all for replacing saha if there is another keeper batsman who is at least decent in his primary job of keeping but currently there is no one, so quit your whining 

Do you even read or just blabber gibberish?? How is averaging 30 *almost* like a batsman? Look at records of other keepers in World cricket. And for all the cr@pload that you post over here, you don't even deserve a decent response.

4 hours ago, CG said:

Seriously silly post . Glove work excellent 

Saha is living on the edge now

IF we want to play 5 bowlers, saha's batting really has to be dependable . Now everyone is struggling but when a team looses some changes wud be made and for sure saha would be among them

Saha got a 100 2 games ago but still even team mngmt sends ashwin above him, means they are not to confident about him either. The guy looked like a walking wkt on every ball today. Parthiv has scored runs and is a left hander also is a lil more vocal....parthiv does score there.

Here is where Saha doesnt contribute as a keeper, when the team is low a keeper needs to be lil loud and the guy doesnt look confident with DRS. Even though he still got 2 right but doesnt look confident.

What saves him is, Parthiv is a terrible keeper and pant n kishen looks not to be ready as of yet. 

But Saha is living on the edge, our opinion of dropping him doesnt matter but the reality is he is living on the edge now

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

5 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

But he is better than Dhoni so he should be kept for 4-5 years at the minimum..IMHO

Saha is already 33 and there's no point letting him stick around. I would get a younger wkt keeper - be it Pant or Kishan or any other younger option - to replace him so the youngster gets a few games at home before our away tours start. I'm done seeing this pathetic excuse of a wkt keeper get soft runs and bottle it when runs are needed in difficult situation.

And I can only laugh if you or anyone else think Saha, or any other wkt keeping option in India at the moment, is good enough to tie Dhoni's shoe laces. It's time to move on and groom a wkt keeper coz Saha isn't doing much anyway.

Saha is already 33 and there's no point letting him stick around. I would get a younger wkt keeper - be it Pant or Kishan or any other younger option - to replace him so the youngster gets a few games at home before our away tours start. I'm done seeing this pathetic excuse of a wkt keeper get soft runs and bottle it when runs are needed in difficult situation.

And I can only laugh if you or anyone else think Saha, or any other wkt keeping option in India at the moment, is good enough to tie Dhoni's shoe laces. It's time to move on and groom a wkt keeper coz Saha isn't doing much anyway.

That was sarcasm from Yoda

This guy is as meek as a goat. Just does not have the gumption to play against top teams in tough conditions. Hardly any encouragement to bowlers from behind the wickets.

Averages 13 vs Australia, 12 vs England and 17 vs South Africa. 

And why are some people just assuming that Pant and Kishan are poor keepers? Have you guys watched them keep?

1 hour ago, Texan said:

This guy is as meek as a goat. Just does not have the gumption to play against top teams in tough conditions. Hardly any encouragement to bowlers from behind the wickets.

Averages 13 vs Australia, 12 vs England and 17 vs South Africa. 

And why are some people just assuming that Pant and Kishan are poor keepers? Have you guys watched them keep?

We have to try Pant or other options coz Saha isn't getting it done. Against better opponents and in tough situations the guy goes AWOL. He reminds me of dark days of Indian cricket when we had likes of Ratra, Dahiya and many others who used to keep wkts and the tail used to start from 5 down as soon as the wkt keeper came out to the middle. Same with Saha. He always gives me the impression that a wkt is imminent.

Saha must be dropped and Naman Ojha tried for few series until we groom Pant or Sombody else.Atleast Naman will score 20s , not in single digits. Already missing Dhoni`s cool head , wk and captaincy. We never lost to Australia at home under Dhoni. Second loss coming up from these spineless cricketers who cant play spin nor fast bowling. Shame on spy Sriram.

Edited by vijay50

He has the full series 

his keeping is not the debate 

his batting is 

problem others defo better bats but they have serious question marks on their glove work and I mean serious question marks 

he has whole series , let's see what he does 

ps today just got a good one imo 

7 minutes ago, vijay50 said:

Saha must be dropped and Naman Ojha tried for few series until we groom Pant or Sombody else.Atleast Naman will score 20s , not in single digits. Already missing Dhoni`s cool head , wk and captaincy. We never lost to Australia at home under Dhoni. Second loss coming up from these spineless cricketers who cant play spin nor fast bowling. Shame on spy Sriram.

Seriously? 

2 hours ago, vijay50 said:

Don't agree with the Sriram part. The guy's a professional and gotta make a living. If Aussies hire him why not? I'm sure he would've worked with Indian team as well if they had so wished but we chose to swing with Sridhar (the fielding coach). Let's be honest here. If any one of us would've been in Sriram's shoes, we would've done exactly the same. I say well done to him for raising his profile and attract more suitors in for his services in the future.

We have to try Pant or other options coz Saha isn't getting it done. Against better opponents and in tough situations the guy goes AWOL. He reminds me of dark days of Indian cricket when we had likes of Ratra, Dahiya and many others who used to keep wkts and the tail used to start from 5 down as soon as the wkt keeper came out to the middle. Same with Saha. He always gives me the impression that a wkt is imminent.

Lol we used to get the same feeling when Dhoni batted overseas slips were licking there chops.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Says it all when you compare likes of Saha with Dhoni.

why so u can compare and demean a cricketer because you are a dhoni FAN BOY.if u are an indian fan blame toporder for failure not wkbatsman.

1 minute ago, CG said:

why so u can compare and demean a cricketer because you are a dhoni FAN BOY.if u are an indian fan blame toporder for failure not wkbatsman.

Show me a post where I've "demeaned" any cricketer coz I'm a Dhoni "fan boy". Fact is Saha is a p*ss poor wkt keeper batsman and how you brought Dhoni into the discussion is beyond me... it actually says more about you than me. I want Team India to do well and I don't see it happen with Saha as the wkt keeper batsman who is as below average as they come. Someone posted an amazing stat which showed that against better opponents - Eng, SA, Aus - Saha averages in teens. Now you can go ahead and put some sort of Dhoni spin to it.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Show me a post where I've "demeaned" any cricketer coz I'm a Dhoni "fan boy". Fact is Saha is a p*ss poor wkt keeper batsman and how you brought Dhoni into the discussion is beyond me... it actually says more about you than me. I want Team India to do well and I don't see it happen with Saha as the wkt keeper batsman who is as below average as they come. Someone posted an amazing stat which showed that against better opponents - Eng, SA, Aus - Saha averages in teens. Now you can go ahead and put some sort of Dhoni spin to it.

Saha Has just started He had a great 2016 averaging above 40 and Played some Innnings under pressure be it against Wi or Srilanka.Even against england we would have lost if not for Saha and ashwin patnership in 1st test.How many test has saha played against Aus ,sa,eng-3,2,3 respectively and against Sa those pitches were rank turners where nobody scored and england he scored in 1st test before getting injured.As i said its is devoid of logic .Its just pure hate speaking nothing else.I despise such Fanboys.

Stick to the topic please.

If you want to compare Dhoni with Saha then open a seperate thread.If you have issued with Dhoni fans there are already 2-3 seperate threads .

No need to turn every thread about Dhoni or Dhoni fans and derail the thread.

This thread is about Saha and stick to that.