So how long is the rope for Saha?

Austin 3:!6

Asking to drop a wicket keeper after 1 test in a 4 game series is as silly as asking to drop a captain of the team.

This is a typical brain fart reaction to a big defeat.

This "Drop everyone" attitude after one big defeat will take us no where.

We are no.1 test team and not no. 6. These players have played huge role in taking us to no.1 and hence I will stick with them for now and wait for them to come back strong, and I know Saha will with the bat and others.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The issue is if we are to play 5 batsman time n again Saha role will come under scrutiny specially post any collapse

When we find a good test quality keeper who is a top 6  batsman too..... Saha will be replaced.

One of Pant or Kishan, who becomes the better keeper, will probably do it.... but not now.

They are both playing all A team games now and both are keeping alternately.

That means they are being monitored by the selectors as well as the team management.

The normal time for a smooth transition needs to be given.

We are not sure how their keeping in 5-day matches is.  Saw Kishan in a Ranji match and it looked to me that he needs some more FC match practice as a keeper before debuting.

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

When we find a good test quality keeper who is a top 6  batsman too..... Saha will be replaced.

One of Pant or Kishan, who becomes the better keeper, will probably do it.... but not now.

They are both playing all A team games now and both are keeping alternately.

That means they are being monitored by the selectors as well as the team management.

The normal time for a smooth transition needs to be given.

We are not sure how their keeping in 5-day matches is.  Saw Kishan in a Ranji match and it looked to me that he needs some more FC match practice as a keeper before debuting.

Agreed....but my post meant as perception that will come out every time there is a collapse specially when we play 5 batsman

37 minutes ago, kira said:

Genius, get enrolled in for a comprehension class, saha is not a tailender, he averages 30+, I am done responding to your bakwaas, you don't sacrifice a genuine keeper for a batsman, I am all for replacing saha if there is another keeper batsman who is at least decent in his primary job of keeping but currently there is no one, so quit your whining 

Do you even read or just blabber gibberish?? How is averaging 30 *almost* like a batsman? Look at records of other keepers in World cricket. And for all the cr@pload that you post over here, you don't even deserve a decent response.

Saha is living on the edge now

IF we want to play 5 bowlers, saha's batting really has to be dependable . Now everyone is struggling but when a team looses some changes wud be made and for sure saha would be among them

Saha got a 100 2 games ago but still even team mngmt sends ashwin above him, means they are not to confident about him either. The guy looked like a walking wkt on every ball today. Parthiv has scored runs and is a left hander also is a lil more vocal....parthiv does score there.

Here is where Saha doesnt contribute as a keeper, when the team is low a keeper needs to be lil loud and the guy doesnt look confident with DRS. Even though he still got 2 right but doesnt look confident.

What saves him is, Parthiv is a terrible keeper and pant n kishen looks not to be ready as of yet. 

But Saha is living on the edge, our opinion of dropping him doesnt matter but the reality is he is living on the edge now

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

But he is better than Dhoni so he should be kept for 4-5 years at the minimum..IMHO

Saha is already 33 and there's no point letting him stick around. I would get a younger wkt keeper - be it Pant or Kishan or any other younger option - to replace him so the youngster gets a few games at home before our away tours start. I'm done seeing this pathetic excuse of a wkt keeper get soft runs and bottle it when runs are needed in difficult situation.

And I can only laugh if you or anyone else think Saha, or any other wkt keeping option in India at the moment, is good enough to tie Dhoni's shoe laces. It's time to move on and groom a wkt keeper coz Saha isn't doing much anyway.

Saha is already 33 and there's no point letting him stick around. I would get a younger wkt keeper - be it Pant or Kishan or any other younger option - to replace him so the youngster gets a few games at home before our away tours start. I'm done seeing this pathetic excuse of a wkt keeper get soft runs and bottle it when runs are needed in difficult situation.

And I can only laugh if you or anyone else think Saha, or any other wkt keeping option in India at the moment, is good enough to tie Dhoni's shoe laces. It's time to move on and groom a wkt keeper coz Saha isn't doing much anyway.

That was sarcasm from Yoda

This guy is as meek as a goat. Just does not have the gumption to play against top teams in tough conditions. Hardly any encouragement to bowlers from behind the wickets.

Averages 13 vs Australia, 12 vs England and 17 vs South Africa. 

And why are some people just assuming that Pant and Kishan are poor keepers? Have you guys watched them keep?

1 hour ago, Texan said:

This guy is as meek as a goat. Just does not have the gumption to play against top teams in tough conditions. Hardly any encouragement to bowlers from behind the wickets.

Averages 13 vs Australia, 12 vs England and 17 vs South Africa. 

And why are some people just assuming that Pant and Kishan are poor keepers? Have you guys watched them keep?

We have to try Pant or other options coz Saha isn't getting it done. Against better opponents and in tough situations the guy goes AWOL. He reminds me of dark days of Indian cricket when we had likes of Ratra, Dahiya and many others who used to keep wkts and the tail used to start from 5 down as soon as the wkt keeper came out to the middle. Same with Saha. He always gives me the impression that a wkt is imminent.

Saha must be dropped and Naman Ojha tried for few series until we groom Pant or Sombody else.Atleast Naman will score 20s , not in single digits. Already missing Dhoni`s cool head , wk and captaincy. We never lost to Australia at home under Dhoni. Second loss coming up from these spineless cricketers who cant play spin nor fast bowling. Shame on spy Sriram.

Edited by vijay50