Parthiv Patel in third test?

kosingh

Looks like this is confirmed

More than eight years after his previous Test match, and four years after his last international, wicketkeeper Parthiv Patel has earned a recall to India's Test team. He comes in due to an injury to first-choice keeper Wriddhiman Saha; Saha strained his left thigh during the second Test against England in Visakhapatnam, and will not play the third Test to avoid aggravating the injury.

The third Test is set to be played from November 26 in Mohali.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1067966.html

Just now, maniac said:

Pappu is washed up and it's a travesty if he gets in before rishabh but have to ask this

am I the only guy who enjoys pappu's strokeplay especially his cut shots and square drive? :cry1:

I thought he did well when he came back as cover for Dhoni. Even played decent against South Africa in ODI's.

Look's fit to me and it will only make Samson and Pant even hungrier to score more runs.I don't think it is the worst selection done. I hope he plays well.

Here is how I look at this. I think Pant can wait a bit. I want to see Pant first in ODI's before I put him in test at no6. May be he can make way into opening slot when an opener fails and seals the opening slot as just pure batsman with someone like Sanju Samson also playing as a keeper on the same team. Blessing in disguise for Rishab Pant who had had a good start to his.  Ranji