Parthiv Patel in third test?

kosingh

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I thought he did well when he came back as cover for Dhoni. Even played decent against South Africa in ODI's.

Look's fit to me and it will only make Samson and Pant even hungrier to score more runs.I don't think it is the worst selection done. I hope he plays well.

Here is how I look at this. I think Pant can wait a bit. I want to see Pant first in ODI's before I put him in test at no6. May be he can make way into opening slot when an opener fails and seals the opening slot as just pure batsman with someone like Sanju Samson also playing as a keeper on the same team. Blessing in disguise for Rishab Pant who had had a good start to his.  Ranji

No bro...have to move a step forward not 3 steps backwards...even ojha might be ok but pappu really? Fair enough argument if people think pant and Samson are not ready but isn't there a better keeper batsman than pappu in first class cricket...please don't say karthik

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

No bro...have to move a step forward not 3 steps backwards...even ojha might be ok but pappu really? Fair enough argument if people think pant and Samson are not ready but isn't there a better keeper batsman than pappu in first class cricket...please don't say karthik

Thst is why I said may be if openers fail, we can try to squeeze in both Samson and Pant with Samson keeping and Rishab opening with one of Murali Vijayi or Rahul who ever has had a poor run. One can play as a batsman and other as a keeper. Both are two of the most followed youngsters right now. Samson has been on the scene for a while and Pant has gotten attention just now. 

4 minutes ago, Unleashed said:

They had a perfect opportunity to blood Ishan Kishan, Pant and Samson in this match. Instead the selectors went for the stupid option and gave a past failure a chance. What a joke. 

they cant blood a youngster with the series at stake..have to go for an experienced hand. Naman Ojha/Karthik/Pappu were the only 3 options and they went for the one with best FC record this season