Parthiv Patel in third test?

kosingh

What is this obsession with left handed batsmen? 

Dhawan gets his test spot coz he's left handed... When he's injured Gambhir replaces him coz he's left handed...

Pappu gets a test spot after 8 years coz he's left handed.. 

For God's sake, get rid of this obsession and play somebody simply on merit... Pappu is an IPL slogger who can get away with a few runs in Ranji against some 'B' class bowler. Wonder if he can create any impact against Anderson and Broad.

Would have liked to see them groom Samson or even bring back Dinesh Karthik, who is a much better fit for Tests

3 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

Yes, reminds me of those days. Even Dhoni was thought of as "not wicketkeeper material and only slogger" in those days. Even Sandeep Patil, then "A" team coach and future selector had given unfavorable feedback about Dhoni as compared to Karthik. Had we stuck to the Karthiks, MSK Prasads, Ajay Ratras, Parthiv Patels of this World, we would have missed the greatest keeper-batsman to play for India.

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

What the hell!!! His batting and keeping are mediocre. Rishab Pant is in the form of his life and was there a better chance to make his debut? Or is Patel's selection an insurance for Saha to continue or few more years?

Yes, I think PP selection is an insurance for Saha for sometime. They know PP will screw up keeping (and prolly batting too). So once Saha is fit, they can drop PP and put Saha back in place. They dont want to take a chance with a keeper who can cause a headache once Saha is fit again.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Ojha....he was the right pick

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Oja I understand was coming back from injury? Even so, merited selection ahead of Pappy (and DK). Other options were Pant and Kishan, but since neither have played even Duleep (let alone "A" tours), it makes sense to go with more experienced players, i.e. Ojha or Engineer.