BCCI furious as ICC docks eves for not playing Pakistan,Threatens to Pull out of the Champions Trophy

Seems BCCI did not write to the ICC explaining their position and ICC left with no choice

According to an ICC insider, the technical committee didn’t have an option but to award full points to Pakistan. He claimed that Pakistan were scheduled to host the series in the UAE and had informed the world body accordingly. The ICC, in turn, contacted the BCCI for a response, which never came.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/absence-of-bcci-communication-to-icc-hurts-womens-cricket-team-4392228/

Any ICC claim has to be taken with a lot of salt.

hmm i dont think Manohar is part of the committee.

We need to know who is the member of the Technical Committee. A CEO cant be held responsible for everything.

The revenue distribution fair enough. 100%. Not sure on this.

Icc decisions cannot be taken without the Chairman.Is it a coincidence that all anti India decisions are being taken when Manohar is icc chairman.

The BCCI won't withdraw. They'll whine and chuck their toys out the pram for a while and maybe continue to release fake info like they did with the apparent champions trophy budget to attempt to make it look more justified for them to consider pulling out but in the end their apparent 'values' will get chucked out the window as soon as there's a sniff of losing some potential income.

Fake info?lol.

The icc chairman is colluding with ecb and CA to take on bcci and hurt its interests.

And make no mistake when the question of Pakistan comes bcci has lots of support in India.Bcci isnt surviving on icc grants like other boards.

BCCI pulls out so does 80% of sponsors who are dependent on Indian Market.Lets see ICC organise a tournament then.

I think it just shows the organisational disarray at the bcci.

However wrong to put this at door of politicians. A friend of mine works at tata. Total paralysis ATM. This is India's largest conglomerate.

I would say india as a country needs to be more professional

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

But we are playing them in ICC related till now.  After Mumbai attacks did we not play them in T20WC and Main WC ? If this thing requires Bi for Champions trophy so be it.. 

We play them in multilateral tournnaments.

But in this case it was a bilateral series,to be hosted by Pakistan in UAE. The ICC  designed a must play each other bilateral series for the countries and the points will be awarded on basis of  series results.

16 hours ago, kosingh said:

Time to extend IPL to 3 months.

:angel: To be honest, This is best solution.

Dhoni lovers can watch Dhoni

Young brigade can watch Pant and all.

Pace brigade can watch everyone between Dhinda and Shami

BCCI will not have to explain why it cant play so many bilateral tourneys.

We will have good cricket.

Edited by mishra

I really hope BCCI isn't using dead martyrs to stir up emotion so that no one will notice they made a stupid mistake in not telling ICC that the woman will not be playing in UAE. that would be very low. But I think this mostly goes down to people not paying attention to the womans game so this simply slipped through the cracks. BCCI maybe thought they made it clear that both the womans team and mens team both followed the same rules and that they would only play in ICC tournaments, and the ICC wasn't sure and got no response. Its possible BCCI was being lazy, also possible ICC was being lazy and didn't warn BCCI properly about not getting response.

15 hours ago, Stumped said:

The BCCI won't withdraw. They'll whine and chuck their toys out the pram for a while and maybe continue to release fake info like they did with the apparent champions trophy budget to attempt to make it look more justified for them to consider pulling out but in the end their apparent 'values' will get chucked out the window as soon as there's a sniff of losing some potential income.

you mean BCCI will play Pak in a bilateral in current situation with Indian soldiers being beheaded ? keep dreaming.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

If you play bilateral matches with Pak womans team how will you justify not playing bilateral matches againist the men's team?

the justification is. India does not want PCB to make money out of us. Simple. And we set the threshold.

Dont you think people will expect India to be forthright and ruthless in our actions against an enemy state.  It will be well received. When there is a mandate of the people of any country, the actions of a sport board in that country to align itself will be seen with respect.