Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Merlyn

BCCI furious as ICC docks eves for not playing Pakistan,Threatens to Pull out of the Champions Trophy

Recommended Posts

I'm saying that playing them in ICC tournaments and not Bilateral tournaments is an inconsistent policy. 

 

Are you saying that we are not playing Pakistan to deprive them of $ through cricket? Or are we not playing Pakistan because it is an affront to those martyred at our borders? 

We are not playing them because of PR reasons .

I am just pointing out that suggesting we pull out of a match against Pakistan in world cup (or Multi national tournaments) is only harmful to us.

It is not an inconsistent policy .It's a policy most countries use.

Share this post


Link to post
the justification is. India does not want PCB to make money out of us. Simple. And we set the threshold.

 

Dont you think people will expect India to be forthright and ruthless in our actions against an enemy state.  It will be well received. When there is a mandate of the people of any country, the actions of a sport board in that country to align itself will be seen with respect.

The justification is govt has suspended all bilateral cricketing ties.

Share this post


Link to post
I do not understand this logic.

 

If we shouldn't play them at all, why play them in multilateral tournaments? If this money is used to finance terror, the multinational tournaments have more viewership and hence generate more money. If a bilateral series is disrespecting those martyred, a multilateral series does that too.

 

Our stance is very hypocritical here.

Incorrect.

When India plays Pakistan in a bilateral series hosted by PCB all the money earned goes to Pakistan.

In an ICC tournament the money goes to ICC and is used in various ICC projects.Only a part of the money goes to the member boards including both India and Pakistan.

Our non participation in an ICC tournament affects ICC and all members and except Pakistan rest are friendly nations why punish them?

Lastly if we only boycott Pakistan matches then we give them free 2 points and help them.The boycott is to punish them not help them.

Share this post


Link to post

If we make it just before hand only star sports income will get affected .Pakistan and other nations would recieve there share as usual as TV rights are sold years in advance .

Are u saying that we should tell to ICC , we wont play Pakistan in 2028 world cup regardless of the political situation at that time ?

If we make it clear before hand that we aren't going to play them, the ad slots wouldn't cost as much, the tele-rights wouldn't sell for as much etc. Obviously, there will be lesser money made.

While the rights are sold years in advance there are in built clauses related to team participation etc.So if India withdraws the sponsors will invoke those clauses and pay far less money.

The ICC right now believes that any issues in India will be dealt by Manohar and that BCCI is too weak because of its fight with the SC to do anything.

They dont know that Manohar is overall a small fry with little political influence and that in case of Pakistan there is no question of anyone not supporting BCCI.

ICC will have hell to pay.

Share this post


Link to post

Sunnyji i think you are being a bit too BCCI in this case. There can exist a time when the BCCI is incorrect.

 

Mistake with BCCI for not even sending a response. End of discussion. Feel sorry for our girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Iconoclast said:

This what happens when you have a crooked politician running the show.

 

He is making a fool of himself, BCCI and Indian Cricket.

Disagree with Indian cricket being taken for a ride. 

 

Pakistan are living in fool's paradise that India will be hurt with ICC's actions. In fact, the tables will turn soon and the victor is well known to all. 

 

Sorry to say this to all who despise Indian Cricket, BCCI, all you folks better accept that India is the powerhouse of cricket and without us, ICC will be bankrupt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Sunnyji i think you are being a bit too BCCI in this case. There can exist a time when the BCCI is incorrect.

 

Mistake with BCCI for not even sending a response. End of discussion. Feel sorry for our girls. 

Geebz you are believing what ICC is saying.

Read the first statement by ICC they say they are sensitive to the political situation but its not an acceptable reason.Now when BCCI has reacted they are saying that we didnt get any emails.

Basically what is happening is that Manohar is shoring up support for himself by pandering to CA ECB PCB etc so that he can keep his chair at the ICC when BCCI comes for him.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Disagree with Indian cricket being taken for a ride. 

 

Pakistan are living in fool's paradise that India will be hurt with ICC's actions. In fact, the tables will turn soon and the victor is well known to all. 

 

Sorry to say this to all who despise Indian Cricket, BCCI, all you folks better accept that India is the powerhouse of cricket and without us, ICC will be bankrupt. 

If the poor PCB can survive and thrive without Indian tours so can the richer nations.

 

The BCCI can whine all it wants but the ICC have been calling India's bluff and will continue to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Iconoclast said:

If the poor PCB can survive and thrive without Indian tours so can the richer nations.

 

The BCCI can whine all it wants but the ICC have been calling India's bluff and will continue to do so.

I said that ICC won't survive an India pullout. And PCB fills its coffers through ICC mainly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Iconoclast said:

India shelling civilians is not terrorist ?

 

Your army just destroyed a bus filled with women and children.

 

Check the news.

Nobody cares one bit about your news and media. Your country is regarded as one of the dangerous countries to live in. Clean your house first before even thinking about commenting about others. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

I said that ICC won't survive an India pullout. And PCB fills its coffers through ICC mainly. 

ICC will survive, cricket would go on just like it did for the hundred years before Indian money.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Nobody cares one bit about your news and media. Your country is regarded as one of the dangerous countries to live in. Clean your house first before even thinking about commenting about others. 

Nobody cares about India's whining.

 

BTW your army is now murdering civilians on both sides of the Kashmir border and its been all over the international press for months now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Nobody cares about India's whining.

 

BTW your army is now murdering civilians on both sides of the Kashmir border and its been all over the international press for months now.

 

 

PCB is begging ICC for dole outs as India doesnt play with them.

And Pakistan has been crying to the UN and no one has bothered about it.Your terrorist army is being treated a lesson in escalation.And your DGMO called yesterday to stop escalation as the Indian pounding was getting too much for your mercenary army.

Share this post


Link to post

Even if bcci is right they haven't been acting very unprofessional recently. They threatened to boycott the champions trophy twice now and threatened to cancel both the kiwi and English tours to India claiming they couldn't pay because their accounts have been frozen.  If ICC didn't give bcci proper notification than they should make that claim rather than throw another tantrum otherwise the ICC will never take their threats seriously because they have been called out on their bluffs 3 times already. Very recently as well. BCCI needs to act like a more professional organization. Now it seems like the guys heading in just want to score cheap political points rather than look out for the best interest of cricket in India.

Edited by Silva

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'm saying that playing them in ICC tournaments and not Bilateral tournaments is an inconsistent policy. 

 

Are you saying that we are not playing Pakistan to deprive them of $ through cricket? Or are we not playing Pakistan because it is an affront to those martyred at our borders? 

Its pretty simple.

 

1, Ind wont play pak in bilaterals - we do not want them to make money off of us.

 

2, Ind will play them in ICC tournaments to have a chance to beat them and progress in the tournament.

 

Very simple and coherent policy. Nothing problematic there. You dont play catch the ball with skunks or raccoons that you find in your lawn, you dont want to help arm them to hit us more.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Nobody cares about India's whining.

 

BTW your army is now murdering civilians on both sides of the Kashmir border and its been all over the international press for months now.

 

 

lol check the reaction to Indian strikes in POK, your blood brothers china and turkey aside no one even wants to hit a conciliatory note. Pak is alone and no one cares about what it says.

Share this post


Link to post

BTW mortars dont hit moving targets, the bus in POK is a classical case of collateral damage. Terrorist is the scum who ambush kill and then take the dead soldiers head as a trophy, thats what pak army does. But yeah there will be payback, thats the way it appears no one can help it, soldiers deserve soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

BTW mortars dont hit moving targets, the bus in POK is a classical case of collateral damage. Terrorist is the scum who ambush kill and then take the dead soldiers head as a trophy, thats what pak army does. But yeah there will be payback, thats the way it appears no one can help it, soldiers deserve soldiers.

They are lieing. Simply lieing. What is civilians doing when mortars are being fired. Most of them would have been terrorists with one or two friend/family members, who might have come to see off

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

No need.

1.Stop remittances of any Indian company to ICC.

2.Ban any telecast of ICC events in India.

3.Indian team withdraws from ICC events.

Watch ICC grovel.

or increase IPL to 5 month event, sign twice as many players or get 2-3 more clubs.

Share this post


Link to post

i hope the fw's in ICC understand that if the people of India do not want cricketing relations with pak then the GOI will ensure that it is so. its funny they think Anurag has an agenda, what agenda can a man possibly have against a country that kills, bombs, beheads his fellow countrymen.  ICC would want to see how it feels to engage the Indian union perhaps, this is no longer sport administration, you mess with things like this you get your hands on stuff that you can not possibly handle.

Share this post


Link to post

Shahriyar Khan crying again for a series with India. He did this rona dhona in last december as well if I recall. Whats up with him and his annual whinning every december for a series? :cantstop:

Aparently PCB-BCCI officials will meet on Dec 17 to discuss about future of Indo-Pak cricket. I have feeling that BCCI will agree for a short series in India before the Eng ODIs. There is a window of 3 weeks between test matches and ODIs as English players will go back for christmas. With that traitor Manohar acting like an douche bag, BCCI might play a short series.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Shahriyar Khan crying again for a series with India. He did this rona dhona in last december as well if I recall. Whats up with him and his annual whinning every december for a series? :cantstop:

Aparently PCB-BCCI officials will meet on Dec 17 to discuss about future of Indo-Pak cricket. I have feeling that BCCI will agree for a short series in India before the Eng ODIs. There is a window of 3 weeks between test matches and ODIs as English players will go back for christmas. With that traitor Manohar acting like an douche bag, BCCI might play a short series.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You have to understand that if the 70% + of the expected revenue from an India 'home' series disappears, what kind of pressure it puts on a board's budget.  Add to that the extra cost of hosting 'home' series at UAE.  Pak cricket is going through a financial crunch.  Even 15 years ago, when India toured Pakistan, the PCB admitted after the tour, that they were close to being bankrupt if India hadn't toured.  And they were still playing cricket at home back then.  

 

BCCI is at its weakest at the moment due to the Lodha chaos.  Both ICC and PCB are trying to take advantage of that - still to be seen how it all shakes out.  

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Lannister said:

BCCI will feel the wrath of people if they arrange bilateral series at this stage. They are already having hard time coping up with both ICC and Lodha committee, and they don't wanna lose fans too. 

BCCI gives a flying fig about "wrath of the people".    Already BCCI has let it slip that they might agree to a multi-nation setup instead of a tour.  Which PCB will agree without issues, since it will still generate $$$ for them.  I don't want BCCI to give in, actually want the government to publicly intervene - that would take the pressure off of BCCI.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

BCCI gives a flying fig about "wrath of the people".    Already BCCI has let it slip that they might agree to a multi-nation setup instead of a tour.  Which PCB will agree without issues, since it will still generate $$$ for them.  I don't want BCCI to give in, actually want the government to publicly intervene - that would take the pressure off of BCCI.

The relationship with Pakistan is at an all time low. Do you think people will just sit by and let it happen? BCCI couldn't do shit when Shiv Sena was hijacking their HQ. 

Share this post


Link to post
BCCI gives a flying fig about "wrath of the people".    Already BCCI has let it slip that they might agree to a multi-nation setup instead of a tour.  Which PCB will agree without issues, since it will still generate $$$ for them.  I don't want BCCI to give in, actually want the government to publicly intervene - that would take the pressure off of BCCI.

That was last year.Before Uri Before Pathankot and at a time when our PM deemed it fit to visit Lahore.These are different times.

And dont believe anything that has PCB as a source.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×