Will it happen once again, Virat K.O opponent and other captain waving a white flag

MCcricket

Will Dhoni surrender the initiative once more  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will Dhoni surrender the initiative once more

• Blame his bowlers
    • Or talk about inexperience n prepare to loose

what do you mean?

The reddit system. They have a thread up vote/down vote mechanism along with post up vote/down vote system.

I think that's what Vilander means.

Anyways this OP is a classic ADF post (yes ADF, I refuse to use Indian cricket fans for this farce of a forum).

Just to tell you guys if you think I am Dhoni Chamcha, on reddit I posted cook is even more defensive than dhoni in his last years and people jumped on my like I am some Dhoni hater :rofl:

For the first time I was accused of being anti Dhoni and I was like WTF? Imagine ADF members on r/cricket, I don't even know what they will do. :giggle:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

I am not anti Dhoni but apply logic, n not jingoistic, well you'll see me criticize Virat even, but take a look at test format n Odi for last 5 years.

When Dhoni quit test team was in a hole we were loosers n not even competing , Dhoni blamed everyone but himself, his bowlers, team, inexperience,Odi team has been on decline for since then n he has been the main cause of it

Now look at players Umesh, Shami, Sensing ,Pujara the whole team is playing better  under Virat and was loosing under Dhoni, we have won n not lost for last two years in tests. same players Dhoni ridiculed are match winners, Jadeja has progressed so has Ashwin, Umesh, Pujara, Shami bowling with more pace purpose.

The problem with Dhoni is his defensive nature in captaincy and in choosing playing 11, not willing to change, players or tactics, he is too ignorant n stubborn also he doesn't know to play or capt in tests.

Just look at the ODi results in last 4 years n test results before Virat took over.

A new captain will bring in more purpose, desperation to win, strategies, be bold, try new players, Dhoni failed in all these aspects.

46 minutes ago, CG said:

The main diff between dhoni and Kohli is Dhoni let the game drift while Kohli is always trying something even if Kohli sets defensive fields there is a plan like to stokes or butler who just can't help themselves.

My observation is Kohli kinda listens to input of others. Bit more brainstorming with Kohli. With Dhoni he makes most of the call himself based on his gut instincts.  

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

My observation is Kohli kinda listens to input of others. Bit more brainstorming with Kohli. With Dhoni he makes most of the call himself based on his gut instincts.  

Kohli said in the post match interview that he was happy that young Jayant Yadav was already asking for his own field placements and is thinking about his bowling.  He is a bowlers' captain for sure.  

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli said in the post match interview that he was happy that young Jayant Yadav was already asking for his own field-settings and is thinking about his bowling.  He is a bowlers' captain for sure.  

On observation I had of Kohli's captaincy is that he follows the ball a lot. If a boundary is hit, immediately a man is posted there even with a huge lead. Hopefully with maturity he will learn when to use it. For eg. this may work in India but overseas we should look to get wickets rather than save runs which was the error Dhoni also committed overseas.

2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

On observation I had of Kohli's captaincy is that he follows the ball a lot. If a boundary is hit, immediately a man is posted there even with a huge lead. Hopefully with maturity he will learn when to use it. For eg. this may work in India but overseas we should look to get wickets rather than save runs which was the error Dhoni also committed overseas.

Agree...Kohli needs to go for more conventional field placements that have worked over decades, especially when fast-bowlers are bowling.  Slip needs to be closer together and atleast 2 or 3  slips  are needed if there is outswing.  If bowlers are bowling short then a short-leg is needed.  Sometimes such fields are there but often we don't see them even if we have a lot of runs on board.

I like most aspects of Kohli's captaincy so far but not his field placements. There have been numerous catches which have flown through conventional catching positions which had no fielders.

He is still a very young captain who is willing to learn and I am sure he would improve this aspect.

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, MCcricket said:

I am not anti Dhoni but apply logic, n not jingoistic, well you'll see me criticize Virat even, but take a look at test format n Odi for last 5 years.

When Dhoni quit test team was in a hole we were loosers n not even competing , Dhoni blamed everyone but himself, his bowlers, team, inexperience,Odi team has been on decline for since then n he has been the main cause of it

Now look at players Umesh, Shami, Sensing ,Pujara the whole team is playing better  under Virat and was loosing under Dhoni, we have won n not lost for last two years in tests. same players Dhoni ridiculed are match winners, Jadeja has progressed so has Ashwin, Umesh, Pujara, Shami bowling with more pace purpose.

The problem with Dhoni is his defensive nature in captaincy and in choosing playing 11, not willing to change, players or tactics, he is too ignorant n stubborn also he doesn't know to play or capt in tests.

Just look at the ODi results in last 4 years n test results before Virat took over.

A new captain will bring in more purpose, desperation to win, strategies, be bold, try new players, Dhoni failed in all these aspects.

^ One of the change which i see is Virat is very flexible with the team selection and ready to change even the winning combination  based on conditions, that is something we never experienced with Dhoni no matter we are winning or loosing he will play the same set of players hoping that they will turn out at some point of time, some time it is good with new and inexperience player to boost their confidence but not always especially with experienced one. 

16 minutes ago, New guy said:

Hey at least I don't post with two user names to upvote my own posts

mods knows that viper is not me .. in ICF whatsapp group we both are active 

hey .. atleast i dont suck to padosis in green forum like MTC ( though no one bothers to read your paragraphs ) :giggle:

Just now, New guy said:

Nope. Easiest thing to get two routers

Dude he's not viper. There is a group on whatsapp also. They both are there. Unless now you have some conspiracy theories about having two different phones and two different numbers.

Look, they both are not the same person. You need to stop this. If you gotta problem with him, then take it via PM.

Kohli is becoming a great test batsman but his captaincy has a long to go .

It was only last test(4th innings) when he kept chasing the ball when England where frustrating us with the bat .

When you have bowlers to take 20 wickets it masks a lot of deficiency .It masked for Dhoni at home , Pointing mist of his career etc , and we have a champion bowler in Ashwin for home conditions.

The real test of competency of Kohli captaincy is when we tour overseas.Hopefully he will have learned and more importantly builds an attack capable of talking 20 wickets .

As for talking of new dawns it's as usual nonsense hyperbole .We have lost 3 series in last 25 years at home .And some are talking as if dominating at home is some huge shock .Our domination has become more pronounced because most test teams have weakened compared to 5-10 years ago.

But the reality is our Indian test team we had 10 years back would have wiped the floor with this Indian team of today .

Will it happen once again now Mr Process will be back , and have all the excuses for his loss after having opposition on the mat thanks to Virat he will make excuses n make them Poms seem very very strong and his team lacking bowlers, batters, injuries, blah blah.

Edited by MCcricket
On 11/29/2016 at 10:19 PM, BeautifulGame said:

Kohli is becoming a great test batsman but his captaincy has a long to go .

It was only last test(4th innings) when he kept chasing the ball when England where frustrating us with the bat .

When you have bowlers to take 20 wickets it masks a lot of deficiency .It masked for Dhoni at home , Pointing mist of his career etc , and we have a champion bowler in Ashwin for home conditions.

The real test of competency of Kohli captaincy is when we tour overseas.Hopefully he will have learned and more importantly builds an attack capable of talking 20 wickets .

As for talking of new dawns it's as usual nonsense hyperbole .We have lost 3 series in last 25 years at home .And some are talking as if dominating at home is some huge shock .Our domination has become more pronounced because most test teams have weakened compared to 5-10 years ago.

But the reality is our Indian test team we had 10 years back would have wiped the floor with this Indian team of today .

Kohlis tactics of choking boundaries worked well against this england batting lineup ,They hardly could rotate strike and played aerial shots to get out.This type of tactics might not work against good test batsman who are rare to find nowadays.

The earlier test sides may have been good but they lacked the attitude of this current team.We used to be happy with series win and become complacent.We may finally have chance overseas with current lot of bowlers and opp weakness.