CPEC has ZERO economic viability, its a massive cost. Is the purpose something else?

narenpande1

4 minutes ago, panther said:

lodhi, kakar, afridi also, do you have pashtun ancestry? 

Yes, from my dad's side.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sounds like a menu in a middle eastern restaurant :p:

:biggrin:

Haven't you heard of the Bangash brothers: Ayaan and Amaan Ali Khan, the sarod players?

Edited by Mariyam

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

NATO is going to get rid of cpec.IA doesnt need to do anything.

We can start that process by taking back POK. Part of the Karakoram highway passes through POK. POK is legally Indian territory. That will be the first step. We have all the means to do this. The CPEC is technically illegal. NATO will play its role on Pakistan's western border. We will be the ones to start this procession.

Just now, Malcolm Merlyn said:

You are Pashtun? :hmmmm:

Never knew. Which tribe?

So thats why you love afridi.

I'm hardly Pashtun. My paternal grand parents could speak Pashto.  My dad claims that he can speak it too, but there is no one to verify. :p:My paternal grand father migrated to Mumbai (then Bombay) nearly a decade before to the Partition to set up a business. His entire extended family chose not to go back. In fact there is a community of migrants from the NWFP to Mumbai who have been traditionally involved in manufacturing, money lending, sale of horses (defunct business), and import/export business for some generations now.

Panther seems to be very staunchly Pashtun, as in the identity he puts forth is his Pashtun identity and not his Pakistani identity. I never understood his animosity to India, which is home to numerous Pashtun communities some of whom (mainly agrarian, small town) who still speak Pashto. Hence the question to him.

I never liked Afridi. The only Pakistani cricketers I liked were Yunus Khan, Misbah and Sami. 

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I'm hardly Pashtun. My paternal grand parents could speak Pashto.  My dad claims that he can speak it too, but there is no one to verify. :p:My paternal grand father migrated to Mumbai (then Bombay) nearly a decade before to the Partition to set up a business. His entire extended family chose not to go back. In fact there is a community of migrants from the NWFP to Mumbai who have been traditionally involved in manufacturing, money lending, sale of horses (defunct business), and import/export business for some generations now.

Panther seems to be very staunchly Pashtun, as in the identity he puts forth is his Pashtun identity and not his Pakistani identity. I never understood his animosity to India, which is home to numerous Pashtun communities some of whom (mainly agrarian, small town) who still speak Pashto. Hence the question to him.

I never liked Afridi. The only Pakistani cricketers I liked were Yunus Khan, Misbah and Sami. 

Excellent post but then that happened :fear1:

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Pakistani is not an identity for me, It is just a country I happened to be born in, I am not nationalistic in the least bit, But I support the cricket team that is the extent of my nationalism, if you can call it that. 

33 minutes ago, panther said:

Pakistani is not an identity for me, It is just a country I happened to be born in, I am not nationalistic in the least bit, But I support the cricket team that is the extent of my nationalism, if you can call it that. 

That is quite a unique stance to take in the sub-continent.  If true, its worthy of respect.  

44 minutes ago, panther said:

So what does identifying as Pashtun make you then ? racist ?

47 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That is quite a unique stance to take in the sub-continent.  If true, its worthy of respect.  

Err it is not that unique. Remember, panther is a fundamentalist muslim and amongst fundamentalist muslims, 'ummah is the only thing that matters, nations don't ' is a common viewpoint.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Err it is not that unique. Remember, panther is a fundamentalist muslim and amongst fundamentalist muslims, 'ummah is the only thing that matters, nations don't ' is a common viewpoint.

Errr I'm not going to label Panther anything unless I see it myself.  And pride in ethnicity does not automatically equate racist.  

Just now, sandeep said:

Errr I'm not going to label Panther anything unless I see it myself.  And pride in ethnicity does not automatically equate racist.  

If thats your only means of identity, apart from religion, then it easily slides into racism, as too much pride into ethnicity = racism in practical terms.

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

If thats your only means of identity, apart from religion, then it easily slides into racism, as too much pride into ethnicity = racism in practical terms.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Identifying oneself as something (from a particular region, culture or language) isn't racist. It's fine. But taking pride in that is chutiyapa imho. 

Keep posting more Muloghonto! I'm learning more history here than I did at school.

As for CPEC, it seems Pakistan is desperate to solve their chronic unemployment problem. More jobs for the local population means lesser tendency to gravitate towards criminal activities or terrorism, the long term danger here would be getting colonized by China.

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Identifying oneself as something (from a particular region, culture or language) isn't racist. It's fine. But taking pride in that is chutiyapa imho. 

sorry, to clarify, I meant liking or love for a culture's cuisine, festivals, language, song, dance, ethnic wear etc. is good.

But taking pride in that sounds lame because one's own contribution is zero.

For ex. 

If you say 'love my punjabi culture' , it is good. 'Proud to be punjabi' sounds lame although its a probably a way of saying 'love my punjabi culture'.

Anyways, its not an important matter.

22 minutes ago, Asim said:

nice to see every indian is sooooo worried for Pak that it will get china colonized within like 1,2,250 years

Looks like a unique numbering system. Where did you get your education from ?

India is actually only concerned about Chinese expansion in its borders. 

India gives a rat @ss  about  Pak.

There is a  better chance of Pak disintegrating into 4 more parts than China Colonizing Pak in within 10 years

Again question to Asim and other Pakistanis who cowardly dodged my many simple questions: Why is Pak silent on Muslims in Xinjiang being maimed and forced against doing basic things that every Muslim has a right to do ( like fast during Ramzan, travel outside the country for Umrah, read the Quran ? ) 

Are your very high standards of love for Ummah not applicable when new master China murders people of ummah ? 

Are your morals so filthy low ?

Do you see why Pak has ZERO international credibility ?

Edited by narenpande1

1 hour ago, narenpande1 said:

Looks like a unique numbering system. Where did you get your education from ?

India is actually only concerned about Chinese expansion in its borders. 

India gives a rat @ss  about  Pak.

There is a  better chance of Pak disintegrating into 4 more parts than China Colonizing Pak in within 10 years

Again question to Asim and other Pakistanis who cowardly dodged my many simple questions: Why is Pak silent on Muslims in Xinjiang being maimed and forced against doing basic things that every Muslim has a right to do ( like fast during Ramzan, travel outside the country for Umrah, read the Quran ? ) 

Are your very high standards of love for Ummah not applicable when new master China murders people of ummah ? 

Are your morals so filthy low ?

Do you see why Pak has ZERO international credibility ?

and how the heck you expect Pakistanis to give YOU the answers and clarifications about PAK policies with China?

you can keep asking + keep celebrating how Pakistanis are not giving or unable to give ;) you the ans :giggle:

and btw its you (ind) who give us 24 hrs bhashan about 'INTERNAL AFFAIRS' right? :giggle: