Who da daddy!

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

While it's true that we never won more than 1 Test, some of the times it was because of unnecessary negativity or close misses. Aus in '03-'04, SA in '11, Eng in '07. They could and should have pushed on more.

And hence the point about this team winning more overseas.

As I mentioned above, Kumble is my biggest worry because he was bit defensive as a captain during his captaincy stint. I hope he let Kohli do his thing when we go overseas. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

And hence the point about this team winning more overseas.

As I mentioned above, Kumble is my biggest worry because he was bit defensive as a captain during his captaincy stint. I hope he let Kohli do his thing when we go overseas. 

I hope so too. Dravid was rather defensive too, although we won some historic series under his captaincy.

Just now, diga said:

Dravid being a defensive captain is a myth... Check the number of low scoring ODI's we have won & defended under Dravid or the fields he had during his test captaincy tenure.

Eng test series '07 was one example. Could have turned out a bit differently, but maybe not.

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Eng test series '07 was one example. Could have turned out a bit differently, but maybe not.

It is easy to call Dravid a defensive captain then but lets not forget he wanted to win the series for India and did not want England to win that match and level the series. 

We couldn't have forced follow on with our best bowler Zaheer injured. Yes, Zaheer wasn't the fittest then either and he was having some side strain in the middle of that game and had England come out and scored 500 in 2nd innings, we would have been in deep trouble chasing 200ish and could have surrendered the test match and series too for a draw. 

Also check this out, he wanted to add 200 quick runs after not forcing follow on and declare but our top order collapsed in that game. We were like 10-3 affer had to bat carefully or we would have been rolled over for 100 runs. He held one end and let others score on other end eincluding Ganguly and Laxman and Dhoni.  And as you can see England batted well in the fourth innings as pitch was still good for batting. We could not bowl them out

Right decision by Dravid in all aspects. 

We need to absolutely win 4-0...anything else would be a disappointment. This would neutralize the pain of 2011.

still 2012 and 2014 to go....had we won 5-0 2014 would have been ok to some extent as losing 3-2 to England in their home turf would be ok.

anyways need 2 more brutal ass kickings after 4-0.... anything less than that I want more BLood

For the first time in our cricket history we have a combination of factors n we can if things fall into place win in SA , Aus , NZ or draw a series.

First n foremost is the captain who wants to win n not interested in learning ,lol

We have a decent pace attack n good bench also bowlers are fast,n have skills to boot

We have options now with allrounders,Ashwin, Jadeja,Jayant, Pandya

We have a young team but they have been successful n have played enough abroad

Virat still needs to learn a bit more n its a bit diff captaining in Aus n SA, also selectors cannot keep picking up recycled goods like GG, Pappu n will hurt in the long run

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Get used to it guys, this team under Kohli will be the greatest test team of India, heck will go on to say, might match even Steve Waugh's team away from him.

I see the new Indian team winning series in South Africa, England and Australia.

That's the spirit. You were calling me cocky when I mentioned the same thing, but anyone who has seen our team under Dhoni, knows what exactly we have been missing, ie. a strong leader. It's not like we didn't have talented players, which was what Dhoni and his fans made us to beleive, rather we had a chickenshit leader. That defensive approach may work in LOIs but not in Test matches. 

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Get used to it guys, this team under Kohli will be the greatest test team of India, heck will go on to say, might match even Steve Waugh's team away from him.

I see the new Indian team winning series in South Africa, England and Australia.

LOL, Ticz you are getting carried away! Playing in India is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from winning in SA Eng Aus