The Beast is back, India now has the fastest bowler in the world ever

MCcricket

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I still haven't to this day understand....Is Atul Sharma a real person.....Is he really a normal fast bowler who is hyped up.....is he really someone who can really bowl at 160 k who got injured unfortunately.....is it some actor portraying the character Atul Sharma....Is it just a hoax......Is it a conspiracy

He does exist. A credible coach like Ian Pont who has worked with likes of Dale Steyn and Shoaib Akhtar wont talk anything trivial.

Edited by rkt.india
22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He does exist. A credible coach like Ian Pont who has worked with likes of Dale Steyn and Shoaib Akhtar wont talk anything trivial.

Fair enough....but just looking at someone in the nets and saying he can hit 160K consistently is a bit far fetched...Mitchell Johnson I remember when he was starting,a lot of Aussies hyped him up as a once in a lifetime cricketer/bowler and at max he was bowling at 140k's(when he started) with additional skills of course.

Usually you call on a player's talent at cricket at any level.....Even the Pintu Parcha is more legit because he is actually whacking it in tennis ball cricket....has Atul Sharma played cricket at any level-Even school or tennis ball league level.

Maybe Pont has worked at some level with Akthar and Steyn but doesn't mean that he wouldn't say something to get free publicity.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Maybe Pont has worked at some level with Akthar and Steyn but doesn't mean that he wouldn't say something to get free publicity.

He has a cricinfo profile and it confirms he was part of Rajasthan Royals. You can not easily have Cricinfo profile. And he must be at least better than decent that he was seelcted to join Rajasthan Royals 

http://m.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/399763.html

Just now, Cricketics said:

He has a cricinfo profile and it confirms he was part of Rajasthan Royals. You can not easily have Cricinfo profile. And he must be at least better than decent that he was seelcted to join Rajasthan Royals 

http://m.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/399763.html

Oops! We do not seem to have enough information about this player. Please check again later.

Also it says Uttar Pradesh U-19's...is there any evidence of any scorecard from at least those games?

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

Fair enough....but just looking at someone in the nets and saying he can hit 160K consistently is a bit far fetched...Mitchell Johnson I remember when he was starting,a lot of Aussies hyped him up as a once in a lifetime cricketer/bowler and at max he was bowling at 140k's(when he started) with additional skills of course.

Usually you call on a player's talent at cricket at any level.....Even the Pintu Parcha is more legit because he is actually whacking it in tennis ball cricket....has Atul Sharma played cricket at any level-Even school or tennis ball league level.

Pont worked with him for a long time. He went to England to take coaching from him. He also went to US to learn javelin techniques and for strengthening training from coach Jeff Gorski. He had an interview in an English magazine Spin Cricket.

He was on Aajtak.

Edited by rkt.india

On a serious note yes Atul exists, n yes he was recorded at 160 kmh in net, but why is he back after so many years coz an injury doesn't take 4 years to heal.

My guess is he has run out of money n now looking to hyp n getting back to game to get contact, he was Rhea. Pillais toy boy, was holed up in Bandra then

Edited by MCcricket

The way I see it.....if his ability to bowl properly at 100 mph is not true then what do we lose ?  He is not a part of our team anyway.

On the other hand, if there is even 1% chance that he has this ability but has been kept out as he does not know how to bowl in matches coupled with recurring injuries.....then we have everything to gain if he learns to bowl properly.

Someone with the reputation of an Ian Pont can't be totally ignored.  He was once active in ICF for a short time...I don't remember his userid...but if some one does or the mods know....he can be PM ed and asked why Atul Sharma has not been able to play a single game despite the hype.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Early 100mph is very much possible.But if this guy was really that fast it would have been impossible to keep him out for such a long time.

Oh how i would love to be proven wrong, But there is no way he can bowl that fast, even an over. If he was capable of that, even if he was spraying it, someone from the myriad clubs or the state associations would have picked him up and he would have gotten a career to show, instead of a fling with Rhea Pillai lol.