Rahul Dravid’s K factor watch thread (formerly Kumble’s)

maniac

2 minutes ago, kruiser said:

you haven't answered my question - most people on ICF are happy with the team selection and believe these three players deserve to be a part of the team. Rahul and Manish have also performed well in the limited opportunities they got. 

Rise up from narrow parochial mindset.. Kumble and Kohli will benefit far more if they are able to build a legacy and a winning streak rather than getting some non-deserving players into the XI. 

Now if you were questioning a certain player's six hitting capabilities in a test match, and Kumbles backing him, that will be a far more plausible conspiracy theory! 

Pont 1-I never said any of those 3 players were undeserving

Point 2-Kumble's conflict of interest has been an ongoing debate even when he started this role....it may not be a regional bias but he surely does own a firm situated in his home state of Karnataka

Point 3-Now when you add to the fact that all 3 players belong to Kumble's home state-then Point 2 starts becoming a little too close for comfort.....It may well be a coincidence but so much so that it becomes unbelievable

People have been saying this is about Kumble's integrity :cantstop: I didn't realize my post was the new Alice in Wonderland which has multiple iterations. All I said that his vision for recognizing talent might be narrowed down to one area as his experience in that field has been limited to his home-state since retirement. I hope he broadens his horizons in that aspect...till then fans are watching

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I would bet on Gautam getting a shot some time soon....Binny will be making another appearance pretty soon

:cheer:

24 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Let's bet on this.  If neither make the team in the next 6 months, change your sig to "I have zero cricketing acumen, and I falsely spouted nonsense accusations at Anil Kumble".  If either of them plays, I will change my signature to "Maniac is brilliant, and does not put the hex on upcoming players by adding Captain Obvious names to his sig"  Do you have the balls to back up your words? 

Don't hide @maniac Do you have the balls to back up your words, or are you slinking away already by claiming you were only referring to the scope of "Kumble's talent recognizing vision"

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Don't hide @maniac Do you have the balls to back up your words, or are you slinking away already by claiming you were only referring to the scope of "Kumble's talent recognizing vision"

I usually don't bet...just wait and watch and gloat at my accuracy and laugh at doubters

35 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pont 1-I never said any of those 3 players were undeserving

Point 2-Kumble's conflict of interest has been an ongoing debate even when he started this role....it may not be a regional bias but he surely does own a firm situated in his home state of Karnataka

Point 3-Now when you add to the fact that all 3 players belong to Kumble's home state-then Point 2 starts becoming a little too close for comfort.....It may well be a coincidence but so much so that it becomes unbelievable

People have been saying this is about Kumble's integrity :cantstop: I didn't realize my post was the new Alice in Wonderland which has multiple iterations. All I said that his vision for recognizing talent might be narrowed down to one area as his experience in that field has been limited to his home-state since retirement. I hope he broadens his horizons in that aspect...till then fans are watching

:phehe: rub it in rub it in..

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

^ Its not about being PC.  And now you are walking back the accusations that you implied earlier in the thread. You clearly made it about his integrity, when the fact is that not a single player from Karnataka has been selected with a shaky claim.  Don't be a double-dholak.  If you want to post nonsense, have the balls to stand behind it.  Don't backtrack and talk both sides of the mouth.   

Yaar, I think for KL Rahul and Karun nair no one minds, but I'm not quite sure what Pandey has done to be selected in tests. See his recent record in ranji (cricinfo video link below)......mediocre I say. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1071282.html

also in Odis, apart from that one knock in against Aus (which must be boosting his average), I don't remember him contributing anything particularly special that warrants test inclusion 

Edited by mancalledsting